July 2015 Moms

bad skin in 2nd trimester :(

Hey everyone, hope everyone is well I'm 14 weeks pregnant and up until now my skin was great no problems no spots but since the start of the 2nd trimestor its radically changing. Skin is alot more dry and lots of whiteheads spots appearing on cheeks and forehead and sudden red itchy dry patches on cheek bones like i have been punched lol. My diet or anything has not changed nor have I changed the products I use. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

X

Re: bad skin in 2nd trimester :(

• Sure do! My face is a disaster. My problem area is on my chin. All of a sudden a huge red painful zit appears and lasts for days. My skin is all of a sudden so dry which came out of no where. I was hoping the zits would go away but they have been an issue since pretty early on. Best of luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So with you!! My skin was beautiful and just about a week ago, pimples started coming out, and my skin is patchy dry on my cheeks!! I'm seeing my cosmetologist next week, hopefully she will be able to help.
           BabyFruit Ticker      
                Our Rainbow Baby 
                                                                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic                                                    
          Me- 28, DH- 32 ----> together six years, married June 2012
    TTC ---> since the wedding night
    Initial diagnosis of PCOS, currently labeled as unexplained infertility
    Clomid and trigger shot regimen
    BFP 12/20/13, EDD 8/25/2014, baby got his wings at 11 weeks and 3 days.
    IVF - 2 day6 frozen embryos transferred 11/5/14, 9 frozen babies
    BFP 11/9/14, EDD 7/24/2015

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat. Also getting random zits on my back and shoulder which had never happened before. *sigh*
    ~Jenny~

BabyFruit Ticker
    Excitedly Expecting our first!      EDD July 10

VOTE on my Name List
  • I have never had as many breakout as I do right now. I hate it
  • I have the acne of a teenager. I'm 14 weeks....IM A MONSTER!!
  • I have never had perfect skin, I always broke out around my period. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and have had acne so bad from like 7 weeks on. It's mainly on my cheeks and jawline and also my shoulders :( I'm determined I'm having a girl. They steal your beauty (old wives tale)
  • I found some products that have really helped. I was worried because I usually have skin that is SO dry and I get hives really easily.
  • Glowing with pimples!
  • Yeah, it's crazy. My skin has been fine until about a week and a half ago. Now crazy teenager style acne! Ugh!! And dry flaky skin along my jaw line. Hating it!!
  • 14,5 weeks and lots of acne on my jaw line and forehead, sigh. Also, the skin on my hand is so dry that it has started to crack and bleed, yaaay
  • I'm trying the Apple cider vinegar a PP suggested as well as using cetaphil antibacterial face wash and my Clarisonic. I'll use some lotion before bed if necessary. It seems to be helpful - everything existing us resolving itself and nothing new seems to be popping up! Definuty worth a try IMHO!
  • I have always had good skin up until a year ago when rosacea appeared. I had just started treating it when I found out I was pregnant. Now it is looking worse :(
  • my face is fine, but my back........ woah that's a whole other story. It's like an infestation of pimples. and they hurt too!! :( I used cocoa butter on them and it totally irritated my back. After I stopped they have calmed down. I am just waiting it out now until they disappear altogether (hopefully)
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've never had great skin either but it's BAD. I had never had it on my body until now -on my back. I'm going to give the apple cider vinegar a try.

My face, hands, and my nose are so dry.
  • My skin has been bad from day 1! I kept hearing about the great skin that comes with pregnancy but I definitely missed that boat!
  • My whole body is dry. And acne filled. I'm surprised I get tipped at all at work. I'm a bartender. I also wear hoodies and yoga pants. I'm super attractive. ;)
  • 14 weeks here, and I am growing new, painful, under teh skin pimples every day while sitting at work.

image  image image

• I am 12 weeks and reading this thread is making me a wee bit terrified about the near future of my face!
  • I started using apple cider vinegar after seeing the post about it on here. The improvement is drastic.
  • Unfortunately I totally understand :(
    I use tea tree oil on those painful, throbbing, underground pimples. I also pop open (with a pin) vitamin e capsules and rub the oil on my face, especially dry areas. It helps moisturize and with scarring.
  • I'm having breakouts all over my back and chest these days, never had that issue when not pregnant...
  • My face is fine this time. It's my back, I've never had backne before!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"