May 2015 Moms

How big was baby at 20-21 week ultrasound?

How big was baby at 20-12 week ultrasound. I went for mine this week and looked at the ultrasound pictures and the baby was 14.0 cm. The tech didn't say anything about it nor did the doctor. I was wondering if that was normal because I googled the size of baby at 21 weeks and it said 26.7 cm is the average. Would like feedback from anyone.

Re: How big was baby at 20-21 week ultrasound?

• lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
    edited January 2015
    My son is 12oz. which I was told is normal.
  • The u/s tech told me they don't do measurements like that at the a/s when I asked her but she went ahead and just measured from head to rump and the baby was 15cm. That seemed normal...the measurements you're seeing on google are probably from head to feet. 

• Loading the player...
  • are you sure that wasn't ounces?

I didn't get a length but he weighed 12 1/2 oz.
    BabyFetus Ticker

So excited for Baby #4!
  • Mine was 12oz too with a giant head just like her dad. Yikes.
  • At 19w3d baby was 8oz (3rd percentile) and was 13.8cm.  At my follow up at 23w2d baby grew to 1lb2oz (11th percentile, and I'm not sure of the weight estimate).

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

• I'm not sure what his exact measurements were but he was in the 78% percentile. That means he's bigger than 78% percent of babies at his stage of development! Looks like we're going to have a big boy!
    First comes love = November 2012
    Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Praying for #2
    ~6 week loss in January 2016
    ~7 week loss in April 2016

• Mine just gave weight 14 oz (20 wks 6 days) they seemd to think everything looked normal so I didn't question.

Pregnancy Ticker

• My doctor told me 12 oz as well. So I'm assuming that's the regular at 20 weeks :)
  • shmeell25 said:

ramy3 said:

No idea. Baby is measuring on track and that's all I needed to know.

Same here. If your doctor didn't say anything about it, I wouldn't worry about it.

Same for me. We took my MIL to this past appointment & she asked. My dr said its just way to hard to judge but baby looked good. That's all I care about.
  • I didn't get any measurements. They just said baby boy was in the 61st percentile for size.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • At 18 weeks baby was 8 oz, 49th percentile.

~Mama to two daughters and baby #3 coming soon~
  • At my anatomy scan at 19w6d baby weighed approx 11 oz which they said was on track.
  • Baby is measuring a week behind now. DD was IUGR, I meet with my doctor next week to go over A/S and assuming she will want to watch from now to next US to see if she is still measuring small.
    BFP # 2 9/25/14
    Official Due Date 5/29/15 & HB 143 on 10/13; 11/25 Harmony Results perfect & it's a Girl!

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; HB 171on  1/19
    Pre-term labor @ 29W bed-rest till Emergency C-Section

IT'S A GIRL

• baby girl weighed 12oz which is 56% and there was no crown to rump measurement
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• LO was 15oz at 20wk6days - 54%
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine was in the 77th percentile which means nothing at this point. :-)
  • I didn't get a length measurement at 20w6d. The boys were 14oz and 15oz. Dr said both around the 60 percentile. But both different weights in the 60%? All was healthy so I didn't question it
  • If there was an issue with growth, the doctor would definitely let you know. At this point with my DS, he measured small so we went about 2x a month for ultrasounds until birth. They would take it pretty seriously if they found a problem!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My baby is in the 98th percentile! I'm having a turkey
  • TThey said everything looked normal, I just saw it on my scan when I was looking at it printout a while ago, to see if the baby was snall or big compared to numbers, but I think it was crown to rump.

• 21weeks and our boy is 14oz. He had some chubby legs in the ultrasound picture.
  • 13oz at 21 weeks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At 20 weeks she was 13 oz, 55th percentile and measuring 1 day ahead.
    "Love harder than any pain you have ever felt" 
    Me (26) DH (29) married since 07/2013 
    TTC#1 since 02/2014 
    BFP: 8/27/14 EDD 5/11/15image
    L&D RN & proud pit bull owner x2
  • People get so hung up on the exact weight...I only worry if there is something to worry about. Doesn't matter to me how many ounces she is right now as long as she is growing on track. Everyone will be different, just like every pregnancy is different. Trust that your doctor will let you know if there is a problem and don't sweat the small stuff ;)
    Mother to Joelle (13), Jaxen (3) and Jayla (due 5/6)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baby Boy measured 11oz at 18w3d. I asked if that was big or something and tech said he's measuring 8days ahead of me. As long as he's healthy I'm happy lol. From all your input I guess he was big for that week? I didn't get a length just told he was doing great and that's all I needed/wanted to know ;;)
        Me: 19
     Boyfriend: 20
    Love: 07/-8/14
    BFP: 09/16/14
    EDD: 05/31/15
    It's a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker
    May 2015 January Siggy Challenge: "You had one job"
  • It could be the size on Google is length from head to toe not head to bum (although not sure how they'd know that). All I know is baby was our boy is 14oz.
  • What Google is giving you is the head to toe measurement not the crown rump measurement that the ultrasound techs measure. There is a big difference. When they mark the top of the head and the bottom of the butt they get the CRL measurement. With legs curled up and such they can't get an accurate measurement of the entire length. Google gives an average length include legs.
    Mother to Joelle (13), Jaxen (3) and Jayla (due 5/6)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsLolaSkyMrsLolaSky member
    edited January 2015

My baby is in the 98th percentile! I'm having a turkey

Haha! Mine was around there, too! Ultrasound tech did say that the scan was probably just after a growth spurt! :) Babies apparently grow at different rates. We'll see what we end up with!
    Edited to add: ...hopefully not a turkey ;P but rather a healthy baby! :)

*** SIGNATURE WARNING ***

Me & DH, early 30s
    Married 2008
    Excitedly expecting baby #1 - 5/15/2015

We are PAIF-MFI

BabyFruit Ticker

All Welcome
  • My little boy measured average for everything except for femur length... No great surprise there though DH is 6ft5 and there isn't a single male in the family under 6ft
  • Mine did not estimate size or weight but said it was on track and within the normal range.
  • I never noticed this information was on the print out they gave me. So it says fetal weight estimate-10oz and percentage has ***. I tried to look online and it said I was out of range. I had my u/s at 18w5d. It's expected, but made me giggle. A majority of babies in my family are over 9lbs. My mom had me 10lbs, my brother 9lb14oz, and my sister was slightly over 6 and was a premie.
  • At 19w1d he was 11oz. I asked for the length of the baby and they said they don't measure it this early. The numbers on the US pics aren't correct if that's what you are going by. If your doctor told you everything was fine then I would stress about it.
  • All I remember was that she weighed 16 oz.
  • I went for mine today (20wks6d) and baby weighed 13oz and was in 39th percentile. Dr said baby was right on track and everything looks good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"