How have your eating habits been?

Drinking enough water?

****DS born 08/18/2015****Baby squishy due 08/03/2015****

beach

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Fitness Friday check in!!! 1/9

• Options
    Hey!  Happy Friday!!

Still getting the workouts in, but I've been feeling sore after workouts lately.  I always drink a recovery shake after workouts but the soreness has been crazy, and its not like I'm working harder.  It's just odd.

When I can eat it is pretty healthy stuff.  Have been on a soup kick this week and I snack on grapes or cucumbers all day.  The thought of any sweets make me sick lately.

But water is that hardest!!!  I'm trying drinking it warm with lemon, infused with fruit, but i just can't get it down.  Wish I could just get fluids via IV daily.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Happy Friday!!
    Today and this upcoming week is the first week that I'm going to be seriously looking at what I'm eating and going to the gym.

Before now, I've just been so sick that anything I can grab, eat and will stay down was going to be eaten. I'm starting to feel a bit better so now I'm looking forward to heading back to the gym and filling up on food that is actually good for me!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did pretty good, 3 times so if I get in one today or tomorrow I'll consider that 4 times this week, which is my goal :).  I bought Body Pump from Amazon for Christmas so I'm excited to get a couple of those workouts in.  After the first one I was SO SORE and it felt so good! 

I started Invisalign yesterday (I signed up a couple months ago pre-pregancy) and while it's uncomfortable so far, I keep telling myself that at least I won't be snacking as much, so maybe it will help with some weight gain!! 

• Options
    Its been a tough week, with lots on my plate at work, and morning sickness kicking in.   I know that on days I work out I feel better, but convincing myself of that at 7am when my stomach is doing flip flops is a challenge.

I did manage to get o the treadmill and the bike trainer a few times this week.  It is so ridiculously cold I cant bear the thought of going outside to run.  I also downloaded a 7 minute circuit training workout app for my phone, so I've at least done that everyday.

I'm going to a yoga workshop on Sunday that I am really looking forward to!

Nutrition hasn't been to terrible this week, better than over the holidays.  Getting more fruits and veggies.

I hate drinking water.   Adding a splash of apple cider vinegar helps.  I like seltzer.  I've also been drinking broth and tea.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options

I'm on the injured list.  I did something to my knee and haven't been able to run :(  I've been hitting the elliptical this week but it just isn't the same.

diet has been pretty on point aside from the fact that I'm just eating too much food for my reduced activity level.

I never have issues drinking water.  it's my beverage of choice.  after wine.  but I can't have wine at work ever and at all anymore so water it is.

• Options
    We are back from vacation this week, so we wanted to eat better to clean out all the Christmas junk we ate over the past 2 weeks. I will have 4 runs in, which is my goal. As for water, not so great. I need to grab some lemons so it has a little flavor.

What do you ladies do for weights?
    DS April 2013
    Baby #2 due August 2015

• Options
    I have been pretty good this week. I have gone to the gym 5 days this week. I went to Barre class three times and yoga and a little cardio. Loving going to Barre because I work all my muscles and it doesn't hurt my boobies like treadmill and elliptical do. :smiley:
  • Options
    I got in three 75 minute workouts this week. Hopefully it will be better next week.....my goal is 4 workouts a week. Eating has been hit or miss. I'm not eating terrible, but could be so much better! I know I haven't been hitting my water intake. I've been only averaging about 64oz a day so I need to work on getting that up.
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kmitch1 said:

I have continued lifting but have gone a little light and I take it easy.  Energy isn't go great so I can't move what I used to.    This week I worked on front squats and deadlifts.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've been good this wk, and have worked out every day including Sunday! That's pretty amazing considering how exhausted I am, and how f'ing cold it's been here (I go to the gym in the am before work, and our bed has been soooo warm!).

Doing good on the water front. Eating everything I can get my hands on ;;)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    kmitch1 said:

I use my normal free weights for lifting and also I started Body Pump to get longer weight lifting sessions in!

• Options
    I have had two days in a row with little to no nausea so I am feeling good!  Yesterday it was like I had a hollow leg, I was so hungry!  But I had healthy stuff around so I did pretty well.  We don't have much junk in the house after we purged the sugar after Christmas so I can't do too much damage :)

My inner thighs and hamstrings were sore yesterday (I don't know what I did!) and I still had to teach boot camp last night so I skipped my work out today.  But I still got in 3 work outs this week and am teaching spin tomorrow so I don't feel bad about it.  

I am definitely not drinking enough water.  Working on that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kmitch1 said:
    We are back from vacation this week, so we wanted to eat better to clean out all the Christmas junk we ate over the past 2 weeks. I will have 4 runs in, which is my goal. As for water, not so great. I need to grab some lemons so it has a little flavor.

My weight lifting happens in my boot camp classes.  In each class I work every major muscle group with 9 lb. dumbbells.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have gotten three workouts in so far this week, cardio and weights. Am heading to the gym shortly and plan to go tomorrow. Have definitely not even drinking enough water and diet has been decent. Lots of fruits but have also been on a pb sandwiches kick
  • Options

kmitch1 said:

I do Les Mills Pump at home. Between that and Piyo, I think I found a good combination that doesn't totally exhaust or kill me for 2 days after!

****DS born 08/18/2015****Baby squishy due 08/03/2015****

beach

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've been suffering from ms too much to work out this week. If I bend over, I feel like I'm going to throw up. Then I'm burping the whole workout. It's just a mess!
  • Options
    I wish... I'm so exhausted all the time.. and constantly feel pukey.. I have no desire or motivation for anything unless its something I HAVE to do... meaning two nights a week a teach dance classes for 3 hours straight.. and I chase around my 3 and 1 year olds when I'm home!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    I have been pretty good with workouts this week. Still not back to pre holiday workout routine. I had my first appointment today so had to skip this morning. The doctor told me to keep doing everything I was doing pre pregnancy so that is a relief. 

Food has been hit or miss. Some days I am really good and other days I am a bottemless pit. Hopefully that ends soon. 

Trying to drink enough water, but I am not doing as good with that. 

Next week will be better
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aweful. I have zero energy so I only went to the gym once.. For 30 minutes.. My eating has ben less than good too. It's crazy. I'm such a health nut normally and I just hate healthy food right now. I am trying but Geez.. Growing a human is really hard. Drinking a lot of water though
  • Options
    Got a few workouts in.  Drinking lots of water & eating pretty well.  My all day sickness is starting to subside some so I'm able to workout more.  Energy is starting to come up too.
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• Options
    I've been doing my morning 3.5 mile walk with my dog and yoga a couple times a week.  The acupuncturist I'm seeing forbids strenous exercise due to prior mc. I was spinning 4-5 times a week and doing pilates/barre classes which I miss intensely, although I doubt I'd have the energy for either right now. I'm hoping once I get to the second trimester I will be cleared to do more rigorous activity.

• Options
    Going to my first prenatal yoga class tonight! Did a few yoga sessions earlier this week at home. I've eaten more fruits/veggies this week than I probably have in the past 3 years combined! Only bad thing I've indulged in is pretzel bread with cheeeeeeeese....I've had no cravings so far but I could have eaten that all night!
  • Options
    I have been going on the recumbent bike every morning for 30 minutes. I had Pilates yesterday (I go every Thursday) and I did free weights twice this week! Had more sugar than I would have liked, but there's always next week! :) I still feel enormous though so I hope I look a bit better soon!
  • Options
    I've still been able to go to bootcamp 5 days/week in the morning. But I am tired earlier in the evening now. Diet has been good except for one dinner this week. Definitely been wanting to eat allll the time.
  • Options
    Well I have been having trouble finding motivation to work out. I played in my two volleyball games this week, but didn't do any outside working out. Hopefully next week will be better. I have been eating pretty decently, but I am eating all the time to keep my nausea at bay. 
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    numb3rMelnumb3rMel member
    edited January 2015
    I normally go 6-7 days a week. This week I worked out some at home and some at the gym. The workouts are taking me longer than I'm used to because my heart seems to race faster and I'm short of breath. So much more breaks in between reps. I'm definitely losing muscle mass. I'm used to eating ton protein and drink a gallon of water. Right now, my aversion to chicken and water (yes water) has been struggling. And down weight. Not what this gym rat likes.

I've been going lighter on weights. Exhaustion is a killer!

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options
    Well, my new craving is hamburgers, so I've been eating a lot of those wrapped in greens of some sort. At least that's better than waffles and crackers. Workouts have gone ok this week. Didn't have to leave the gym due to constant dry heaving so that's progress. Oh and I made it 3 times.

I'm concerned about my knees holding up through this whole weight gain thing. I need bilateral knee surgery, and was on the books to get it done, but got my BFP the day before it was scheduled. They said "see you in 9 months". So here I am in varying pain depending on the day, can't take any anti-inflammatory meds and trying to modify workouts. This is really just me whining I guess. But I feel like I'm letting out my frustrations, so thanks for listening, lol. Oh and I get to have surgery during my maternity leave, which will be 4 weeks. Yay. :)
  • Options

I've had a cold this week, so I haven't been swimming (typical workout of choice). DH got me a waterproof shuffle and waterproof headphones for Christmas, which was the perfect gift, so I've been pumped/excited to get on my regular schedule.

The Plant Nanny app has really helped with drinking water. Here's my awesome, healthy plant:

I second the Plant Nanny app. It has really helped me drink enough water and drinking plenty of water has helped with a lot of first tri symptoms
  • Options
    How did everyone do this week!? I still haven't missed a workout! I came close the last too days, but I keep thinking about how important this is for baby and I make myself just do it.

How have your eating habits been? Horrible, I started with M/S this week so I've been eating a lot of crackers and pretzels. I've been augmenting those "meals" with ensure so I'm getting a little bit more nutrition.

Drinking enough water? I drink water constantly
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    I have been on exercise restrictions since the start of our cycle (Oct 27th). Then we had a SCH bleeding scare at 6 weeks and the loss of one twin at 8 weeks.... So exercising has been off the table for a while. I just got clearance from one of my doctors to ease back into it (HOORAY!!!). I'm a marathon runner, but obviously I'm not planning to run a marathon any time soon. I'm easing back into things with walking first. The last thing I want to do is injure myself while coming back!

Nutrition isn't too bad. I'm doing the best I can. It's always so much easier when I'm running because my body craves the good stuff.

Hydration is one thing that I've been focusing on like a boss. I usually get 100oz a day, and I get a bag of fluids every week with my IVIg infusions.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"