August 2014 Moms

**Aunt Flow. Her comings and goings or lack thereof

dvmmommadvmmomma member
edited January 2015 in August 2014 Moms
Use this thread to ask all your period related questions!

Re: **Aunt Flow. Her comings and goings or lack thereof

• Has anybody had an IUD while breastfeeding? Did it change your supply in any way?
  • My daughter is five months and EBF. I have been spotting on and off for months! It is so annoying...like I mentally prepare that my period is coming, but then the spotting stops. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal?
  • Loading the player...
  • @ktmcg22

I also EBF and started spotting after DH and I started having sex again, about 8 weeks PP. Figured it was just from the sex, but then I got my first period way back in October, around 10 weeks PP. Talk about a slap in the face...OB told me not to expect my period for a long time. I just finished my second period last week.

But yes I did spot several times before the first one actually came, but I guess in my experience the spotting might mean AF is getting close.

• I'm jealous of anyone who doesn't get their period. :( I got mine back 6 weeks pp for my last two babies! I get it every flipping month, too. So I have a 4.5 month old and have had 3 periods, on top of pp bleeding. I feel like the woman in @JoShan1719‌ gif. Blah.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• You're all going to think I'm crazy, but I'm so glad my period returned back to normal just like they were before pregnancy. I just started my 3rd PP period this week and my cycles returned to the normal length they were and am even starting my period the same day of the week as I previously did.
  • MrsDeo said:

ktmcg22 said:

My daughter is five months and EBF. I have been spotting on and off for months! It is so annoying...like I mentally prepare that my period is coming, but then the spotting stops. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal?

My LO isn't quite 5 months but otherwise, yes, I spot for a little while, maybe a day at a time but usually less, allll the time. I can't figure out any pattern to it either.
    This exactly!
  • I know exactly what you mean! I've never had much of a predictable period until birth and I love it! I got mine exactly one month PP
  • Mine returned last week. I was bummed and relieved at the same time. Relieved because our current method of BC is pull and pray.
  • edited January 2015
    I might be getting mine for the first time PP.

I'm praying it's just spotting. Don't want to deal with it yet. :neutral_face: eTA: it would explain the emotional week I had...
  • Leskay said:

Had a show everyday since having my mirena placed.

I have the mirena too. For me, I get the tiniest bit of spotting once every two weeks. I guess I'm cycling but still also bf round the clock thanks to this awful sleep regression nonsense. I think my body is super confused.
  • I started having spotting today. Heres hoping it doesn't turn into anything more. I would be so disappointed. =(

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"