September 2014 Moms
Options

Do I dare ask...

Has anyone thought of when they might start TTC the next baby? LO is my first and DH and I have tentatively thought about starting the end of 2016.

How many babies do you have? Will you have more?

Re: Do I dare ask...

• Options
    LO is our first and we want a second then be done. We're not sure when we want to TTC but we know we'll wait until she's at least a year old

• Options
    LO is our first. We are NTNP. EBF should keep AF away for a while, but I wouldn't be too upset for 2u1.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was our second and we always said two and we would discuss a third. His entry into the world was less than stellar and has scared both DH and myself. I want a third. DH is pretty sure he doesn't. We have no idea what we're going to do!
  • Options
    I'm thinking in a year and a half. My husband says lets just knock out all the kids we want and be done as fast as possible, I wouldn't mind having all my kids close (I want four, we just had number two) but we're planning a pretty awesome vacation for next year and I don't want to be pregnant or just had a baby for it.
  • Options
    Two and done here. Perfectly content with my two boys despite everyone (and I mean everyone) insisting we try for a girl. Not happening.

They are 3 years apart, wish we would have had them two years apart, but what can ya do....
    image"funny">imageimage
    Mom of Boys!!

Baby #1 - 3 years old
    Baby #2 - Born 10/1/14

• Options
    LO is our first. we originally wanted at least three, but with the complications at the end of this pregnancy with the blood clots, my doctor says at most i should have one more and that it will be a difficult pregnancy in terms of all the special precautions i have to take. we won't try before next december at the earliest.

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Before DD2 was born, we had decided on TTC when she was about 12 months. Now FI says he doesn't think he wants another, but we haven't fully discussed it. He gets overwhelmed by baby crying, and it's been rough lately as we're trying to find the right medication for LO's reflux. I think it'll be best to wait until LO is at least 9 months before we discuss it again.

• Options
    We plan on waiting 3-4 years before we start trying. I want my baby to be able to be my baby as long as possible instead of having to share that special time with a sibling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is our 2nd and we are done. Totally done. But I'm already getting baby cravings. Hopefully this 4 month regression/wonder week or whatever the heck is happening now will help me stomp down the baby fever!

• Options
    DS is our first. I want at least 3 I'd really like 4 but DH says 3 is good. DH says lets get them all done and over with fast and I'd be okay with having another one now. DS is good and I like the idea of the siblings being close. I know you might think we are nuts but We are currently not doing anything to prevent getting pregnant.
  • Options
    This little dude is my 4th and dh has a 17yo (who lives with her mom) so 5 all together. We are done for now but with my oldest one being out of the house in 4 1/2yrs and the second 6 yrs from now, things may change. We shall see.
  • Options
    We are going to wait until I'm done with grad school in 2018 before we try again.
    Together since: 1/19/09 Married: 3/14/09 Newest addition added: 9/7/14
  • Options
    I had always imagined 2 kids but right now DH and I are incredibly happy and fulfilled with our little girl and I feel we have such an easy baby that #2 almost guarantees us a difficult one! I don't know how I could mentally and physically manage 2 children - I see my friends with 2 so much more stressed and overwhelmed that it worries me how I would handle it... Maybe I'll change my mind when she's a little older.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    DS is our first. I wanted 2, but that seems so difficult, don't know how all you moms do it! I do want to give DS a sibling more than I want to have another so I'm sure we will, but will probably wait at least 3 years.

• Options
    DD is our first and we always said we would have 2. We'll start trying for our second when she turns one. Even with a MC we had an easy time conceiving and I'm irrationally afraid it won't be so quick second time around.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are most likely one and done. We had 2 mc prior to DS and after each MC it took even longer for us to concieve again. I have the Mirena so no babies for 5 years. Once I get it out we will re think being one and done. But I'm too scared of going through everything all over again to have another baby.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rose913rose913 member
    edited December 2014

rkang01 said:

We plan on waiting 3-4 years before we start trying. I want my baby to be able to be my baby as long as possible instead of having to share that special time with a sibling.

I don't think having children closer together than that take away from special time with a child. As long as you make an effort to have special time with your older child they can be fine. DH and I have made sure to have just DS and daddy time and just DS and mommy time. We also show him all the great things he can do because he is a big boy that his sister can't do yet which makes him realize he gets to do special things since he is older.

Several others I know they had a harder time with their older children adjusting to a new baby. I have one friend who had a 2nd LO when her DD was 5 and her DD took it very hard since she was an only child for so long. She regressed and was acting out, this also just happened to a friend who had a 4 year old when her DS was born.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see how having babies closer in age works for some families. And how there can be a great balance that benefit all the kids. And that spacing them out can backfire. But I have hear just as much from the other side. Families wishing they had spaced them out more and older siblings reacting awesomely to their new sibling.

It was more that I know what a fun, special time infancy and toddlerhood is and for my family we are choosing to wait until DD is out of that stage before we go for #2.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Probably once we hit 6-8 mos we'll just see what happens. I haven't even had my first pp period (ep'ing).. so I'm guessing that will potentially affect when we start.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    DD is my second. I conceived her when DS was 11 months old so I'm waiting a little longer before TTC again. DH and I gave decided to start trying again Spring 2016.
  • Options
    We are NTNP. I loved being pregnant and am loving motherhood. DH was sort of on the fence about more but he's changed his mind. I would love to have 3 but he's pretty set on 2.
  • Options

DS is our first. We plan on waiting at least 2 years before trying for another one. At that time we will need to evaluate our finances and see if it's even feasible to have more than one. DH has already said - "Don't even talk to me about it until your 38th birthday", lol

• Options
    DD is our first. I didn't love/didn't hate being pregnant. I didn't enjoy my episiotomy and recovery post partum. However mommy amnesia is setting in and it doesn't seem so bad anynore. I LOVE being a mom but miss the relationship DH and I used to have pre kids. I know we are building a new relationship with kids but I'm mourning a little. All these things considered, we probably won't try for #2 until V is at least a year and probably closer to 1.5. 2ish years apart works for me. I want 3, DH wants 2 but he dislikes the newborn phase more than me so we will see what he says when she is older.
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, there was a post like this a couple of months ago, and it totally blew my mind that anyone was thinking about another one. Then something happened to me and there is no doubt that I want another. But unfortunately it will have to wait a few years. I have a 5 year old SD that my husband has sole custody of, so this is my first baby but our second child. There's no way we could afford daycare for another anytime soon (not even sure how we're going to manage now). And I've taken almost 4 months of maternity leave, which is how I would want to do it future, and my career couldn't handle another leave anytime soon. Plus we are all packed in like sardines in this house, saving to buy something bigger in the next couple of years. I'm hoping that we get all those things worked out so there is 4 years between this one and the next, but we will see what the future holds. I can tell that it will be hard to wait that long because I already want another so much (which shocks the hell out of me).
  • Options
    This is my first, H's 3rd. He's ready for the next one, but I want to wait 2-3 years. I'm hoping to bf for a year and have a year or so where my body is just mine.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have 2 my eldest is 4 and DH just got a vasectomy so we're done . When DS1 was 1.5 I remember thinking how so many babies are 2 yrs apart and being totally perplexed as to why someone would do that to themselves as I was going nuts chasing a toddler and going broke saving for college and diapers. We weren't sure we'd have two but did once we knew we could give both the life we wanted to provide. I can not fathom doing two in diapers I'm so grateful my eldest is as independent as he is at 4.5.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Options
    One and done here. I'll be 35 in feb my dh will be 42. I wish we didn't wait so long on our DS but we weren't both ready for a baby. Ds had been a joy but also pretty rough at the same time. When i got preg w him we knew he would be our one and only.
    All makes me sort of sad
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    DD is our first. Originally, we agreed on two. When I was pregnant, I got it into my head that I now want three. And now that DD is here, DH seems like he'd be happy to be one and done. (To be completely fair on this, though, I wanted three and he wanted one before we became a couple and compromised on two.) I'd love to start TTC for #2 in January of 2016, but it'll all depend on whether I can get DH on board or not.

• Options
    Our baby girl was conceived through IVF. We have 2 embryos left and hope to attempt early Jan 2016. We would love 2 kids, but feel so blessed to have our DD!
  • Options
    DH and I have always said we wanted two, no more than three. After LO number 1 was born, I couldn't imagine having a second with how difficult it was! Now we're past that stage and have casually discussed when we might start TTC again. Might start trying after 9 months, thinking 1.5 to 2 yrs may be a decent age gap. We'll see though!
  • Options
    We'll be waiting 4 or 5 years before ttc again. I would like to have DS in kindergarten part day so I'll have alone time to bond with the new baby
  • Options
    My husband wants a lot of kids and I sort of settled with the idea of three. But after my first LO...I honestly don't know. My pregnancy was great but it took my a while to recover from the birth...I was even freaked out last night thinking about going though that process again
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2 and through here. That is all.
  • Options
    We recently decided that we should start trying again soon since it took us two years to conceive and DH is a little older. I want to time it so I'm not huge over the summer since that was miserable and the heat caused me to have some BP issues compounded by the pregnancy. When we have another, it will be number three and if it's not a girl, we said we would probably go for one more since I would really love to have a little girl but we would still be happy with four adorable boys if that's the way it works out. Based on timing, we will likely start trying in month or two but that means LO needs to start giving us time to TRY.
  • Options
    Can't wait to hear about future pregnancies from everyone!
  • Options
    DH and I are on the same page about stopping all BC sometime before DD is a year old. He is thinking early spring, I am thinking mid-late summer. That said, I am BFing and pumping at least until DD is 1 year old so we wont be actively TTC until after that (but would both be happy if it happened sooner!). We both want 4 and want them to be close in age. To be honest, I already have baby fever...pretty sure DH does too but we are going to wait a few more months!

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Options
    LO is our first, and we definitely want one more. I just got the Mirena last week so no plans for TTC #2 any time soon though. Get back to me in at least a year.
  • Options
    LO is our first and we are thinking that the earliest we would sart trying would be Sept 2015 once he turns 1. Hoping to be preggers by the time he's 1 1/2 so the LOs are about 2- 2 1/2yrs apart but we'll see. You know what they say, the best laid plans...

Lil Pumpkin Caffrey ~ 10/3/14

• Options
    seamonkey0814seamonkey0814 member
    edited January 2015
    We plan to start TTC #2 when DS is 9 months old if I've got my period back by then. It took us a year to conceive the first time and we'd really like our kids to be close together in age. We figure that at 9 months they'll still be pretty close of it takes us a while again but if it happens quickly that will be ok too.

ETA: that being said, I haven't taken my birth control pill in four days now. I'm on holiday and forgot to bring my pack for next month so I just kind of gave up. Even though AF hasn't made it's debut yet, we might be playing with fire.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"