July 2013 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion

Re: Unpopular Opinion

• Options
    haddocky said:

There are usually WAY too many handicap spots in almost every parking lot I've ever been in. I'm ashamed that it bothers me so :(

In the associate parking lot at the hospital where I work, there are upwards of 30. The parking lot is a good... 300 yards from the front door of the building. You have to be relatively able-bodied to do what I do, much less make it the 300 yards to the door across the busiest street in town. It makes me crazy. I know there are probably requirements for this but damn, make a separate handicap lot closer to the door or something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    giraffeluvspigiraffeluvspi member
    edited January 2015
    Yep, there is a required ratio of HC to non-HC spaces required based on occupancy and whatnot. My office keeps adding more, and each spot removes 2 regular parking spaces. They are almost always empty. 
  • Options
    @ChrissieMeas When I was in Syracuse there were days that it was so freaking cold I didn't even leave my apartment for class. Technically classes only got cancelled once for the cold but I cancelled them a couple times on my own. I think some days it's too cold for kids to stand outside waiting for the bus. 

P.S. I can't stand when I walk out the door and my nose hairs instantly freeze. It's a terrible feeling. 
  • Options

I hate celery. I refuse to eat anything that has been touched by it. Even soups.

I feel this way about green bell pepper. Only green. The other colors are acceptable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think the donuts at Dunkin' Donuts suck. I'd MUCH rather have a long john from the Quik Trip gas station.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Options
    Altima80 said:
    I think the donuts at Dunkin' Donuts suck. I'd MUCH rather have a long john from the Quik Trip gas station.
    I have never been to a Quik Trip. I can only assume they serve manna from heaven...because ain't nothing better than the Dunk!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ranch and blue cheese dressing are GROSS. Ew.

Take that @springs whoever you are.
  • Options

Ranch and blue cheese dressing are GROSS. Ew.

Take that @springs whoever you are.
    Blasphemy!!!!!!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I love celery, ranch & bleu cheese. No regrets! :\">

Where I live schools close for snow & ice. We literally can't salt the roads (not enough equipment) & folks drive like maniacs/Freakout. Many kids don't have appropriate weather gear. Shoot, I don't have appropriate winter clothes for snow/ice.

Related to driving weather-- if the roads are icy I want to give the finger to anyone that tail gates & flashes brights at me to go over the speed limit. Twice this morning I saw accidents because some asshole was tailgating. The car hit an ice patch & boom-- collision. Calm your tits people.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Also re: cold weather : my moms group got together to knit, sew & collect donations for the local animal shelters. Often the animals are housed outside in concrete cubed kennels.

We've been working to get quilts, dog beds & sweaters for the dogs. We also have some donated heaters for the kennels.

I get super emotional thinking of the pets all cold & alone. So my friends & I started last week. DD loves to help & delivering the supplies is DS's treat of the day. So many cuddly furry friends!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I would rather take some cancellations for the cold and make it up in June. I enjoy the extra vacation days from work. Also, so many people are absent during two hour delays and when it is just too cold out, so we can't get much learning in. I am probably one of the few teachers that feel this way!! My theory is if it is 10 degrees or below, the kids shouldn't go!
  • Options
    PickleX said:

Said this before and I'll say it again. It's BLUE cheese. What are you, French? Fromage bleu or blue cheese. No mixing and matching. English speakers invented the term "blue cheese". No need to let French insert itself where it doesn't belong any more than it already does.  [-(

Bleu is a specific blue cheese, non?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    In regards to the UO about closing school due to cold: 

Down here in NM, we didn't get snow days because of the cold unless it had to do with possibility of ice but that's because we aren't well equipped to deal with it on a city scale. Seriously, there used to only be one snow plow/de-icer for the entire city -.-

Up in MT, we never had snow days and very very rarely did we have delays. The only reason a snow day happened was if the temperatures were so low that buses couldn't start or if the heat was down in a school building. Regardless, those in the horse program still had to haul our asses 10 miles outside of town to take care of the horses, but at least our riding lessons were occasionally cancelled...Of course, those were only days when the highway was so awful that the instructors who lived right across the highway from the facility couldn't make the 200ft drive to the school equine facility. And yet, we were still expected to be on time to the barn driving even farther, most couldn't go over 20mph if we wanted to avoid ending up in the ditch. One girl even rolled her truck one morning after it started sliding down the huge hill about a mile or two from the barn :/ 

So, I'm all in favor of cancelling school because of cold so long as there is a real reason to do it. 
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"