Birthday Parties

Big Bash B4 Baby?

Looking for insight or ideas here. Our son will be turning 3 this spring...20 days after his birthday, I am due with our 2nd son. So far, each year we have celebrated our son's birthday with a party that included family and maybe a few close friends. I am trying to decide what to do for him this year knowing I will be extremely pregnant-I want to make sure we give him a special day knowing what will be coming just around the corner.

Any suggestions on sticking with this family party or maybe just making it a special day with mom and dad? Didn't know if anyone here had a similar experience-any ideas are welcomed and appreciated!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Big Bash B4 Baby?

• No experience, but my advice is always that a party is not necessary.  I love and adore parties.  I would throw them for random Thursdays if that was an acceptable option, but that's me.  If you want to throw the family party because it's what YOU want, then do it.  If you want to do something just the three of you, then that's okay too.  He's 3, he's not going to remember the party itself, but he will love whatever attention you give him.  A party is great, but so is getting to spend time with you and DH when there won't be only the three of you mch longer.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friend was in your situation...actually her baby was a few days old during her #1's second bday party.  She had it at a local kid's gym where they served pizza and kept the kids entertained for 2 hours.  It was a blast.  I think she even brought a few decorations which they hung up for her - nothing elaborate but it made the space feel more personalized.  She left the newborn at home with the grandparents (if nursing I'd use a Moby wrap)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in a similar situation, DDs birthday is March 8 and I'm due April 8 with #2! We only live 3.5-4 hours from the Wisconsin Dells, a friend recommended a resort with 3 indoor water parks. We're inviting any of our friends with kids that want to come/can make it and family is welcome also buy everyone will foot their own bill. Kind of like a bday party/ last family get away before the new baby comes. We haven't told DD yet, she wants to do chuck e cheese which sounds awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"