C-sections

Pregnant after c-section

I gave birth to my daughter 5 months ago by emergency c-section and yesterday I found out I'm pregnant again. I'm happy but I'm scared because of the risk that I have for not waiting. Anyone have any success stories? Any advice or words of encouragement will help. Thank you!

Re: Pregnant after c-section

• My daughter was 8 months old when I got pregnant with my second. I know there is a 3 month difference here but the doctors didn't question it at all. No one had any concerns at all. Absolutely no issues. You will do just fine. Congrats and I can tell you it is beyond a blessing to have the two so close together! There are times when it is a little tough but my DD4 and DS3 are closer than any siblings I have ever seen. I had a Csec with the second too and the doc who did the surgery said I had absolutely no scar tissue. Also, the scheduled Csec is so much more laid back than an emergency csec. Best of luck to you!
  • I was preg with triplets when my Dd was 8 mos. Everything was great
    2 c sections both fabulous!

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! I have a very similar situation....pregnant 5 months after emergency c-section. I'm almost 36 weeks now with #2. No concerns or issues were raised to me. My DR told me I could try for a VBAC if I wanted but after discussing their criteria for that to happen we just schedule RCS. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I found out I was pregnant with baby #3 when #2 was 5 months. I had my third c-section 13 months after my second. Everyone is healthy and happy now. My doctor didn't raise any concerns and said that I had no scar tissue. I healed a little slower but I'm not sure if that was due to having two sections so close together or just because it was my third as I've been told that it typically gets a little more difficult to heal the more you have. Good luck to you!
  • My first three c/s were all close together. Fourteen months between the first two, and 18 months between 2 and 3. My dr was not concerned about the close spacing. I'm sure there are situations that make it more risky, but my dr said that even with increased the risk of uterine rupture, the risk is still very, very low. Nothing went wrong with any of my c/s. My dr spends a little time each time I'm cut open cleaning out scar tissue (I have endometriosis) but it doesn't take long and I'm in recovery before I know it. Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"