October 2013 Moms
Options

Babies at Weddings

My cousin is getting married in March. I am her maid of honor and my mom has a part in the wedding as well. The ceremony doesn't even start until 5 or 6 and the reception is in downtown at a hotel. My cousin is DS's godmother but he is not in the wedding. She really wants him to come but it would be all H all the time and I see DS having a meltdown.

I'm staying the night with my cousin the night before in the hotel and then I will be with her all day the day of. H and I were planning to send DS off to a grandparents house for the night but my cousin really wants him there. We haven't taken DS to any weddings since he was born and I worry about the music being too loud for him and his bedtime making him cranky.

Any suggestions or advice?

Re: Babies at Weddings

• Options
    Don't bring him if you don't have to. It will be too difficult. DH, dd and I are all in bils wedding next month. I'm dreading the night and nap times.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    Don't bring him. My husbands family wanted us to bring DD to his brothers wedding, but it was right at her bedtime. We got a sitter and had a great time.

My SIL brought her DD (She was 18 months at the time) and she was a mess. In fact, such a mess and so over tired that I spent an hour of the reception with my niece taking a nap on me because I was the only one that realized she was exhausted and tried to relax her a little bit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I brought A to a wedding just last month. It was just me and her. There were other babies there, so she had someone to play with. The worst part was dinner, where she grew tired of just sitting and wanted to run around.

Also depends on how long you're planning on staying. The wedding I went to started at 5:30. We left about 8:30 or 9.

I def wouldn't feel guilty about not bringing baby if you hadn't intended to anyway. Surely your friend will understand!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH or myself would have to chase him around all night and not have much fun.  So I say no to bringing him.  
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    Don't bring him.  In my circle, unless it is a daytime wedding kids do not go to weddings.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    what is his normal nap/bedtime like? i would probably bring him for ceremony and first part of reception..i wouldn't be able to spend that much time away from my baby!

• Options
    @jennlin‌ he normally goes to bed about 8:30. But dinner is at 6ish and usually by 7:30-8 he gets sleepy and starts winding down and relaxing some. And 5-7 is playtime other than when we eat. Even just going out to eat sometimes can throw off his schedule if we aren't home by 7:30ish.
  • Options
    I wouldn't take him. LO was not at our reception for that reason, she would never make it and it would be way hectic. Maybe he can go tot he ceremony?
  • Options
    I say either only bring him for a portion and have someone pick him up, or don't bring him along. ALL of you will have more fun.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"