May 2015 Moms
Options

Sex post! Don't be shy...

Ladies, how often are you giving it up?

Has your sex drive increased? Decreased? What about your DH? Do you feel insecure about your body?

I haven't seen a post like this yet so I apologize if I've missed it!

Re: Sex post! Don't be shy...

• Options
    lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
    edited January 2015
    We have sex about 2-3 times a week. Would be more, but we have two young children to chase around...very tiring.

My drive was horrible in 1st tri because I was so ill, but now it's through the roof! I want it all the time, and often wear DH out. ;)

I feel pretty secure with my body (for now). Even found some "pregnancy-friendly" lingerie. 
  • Options
    Decreased. I do still do it though. I just tell him he has to get me going and I'll be good lol.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I realize we're not obligated to give it up but I do feel bad bc we used to almost everyday abd now only once, maybe twice, a week.

imageimage

• Options
    Zero interest.  :-(  I've given it up maybe 6 times total since week 7.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Forbidden from giving it up :( only 24 more weeks!
    -----
    DS1:15 
    DS2: 8
    DS3: 2
    Due May 2015 with twin GIRLS!

• Options
    Deployed husband = boo. I wish I could give it up.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    3x a week usually, my drive has decreased but we usually just still do it and I'm glad we did after we get started
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    Decreased. Mainly because I don't ever want to shave my legs anymore...or shower...because I'm too tired haha. DH is in flight school too so I am often going to bed before him and we both work during the day.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kj808kj808 member
    edited January 2015
    It has increased for me. Definitely up from first tri and so much more enjoyable now that we're not TTC anymore and we're done with obligatory sex. 

We're at about 2x a week. Not a ton, but an improvement and we're both happy :)

eta: Oh, and about my body, I actually feel somewhat sexier because DH loves my new boobs so that helps!
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • Options
    Smilz4782 said:

Decreased. Big time. I don't remember the last time we DTD.

This...but I can remember - it was when we conceived :-S
    I feel so bad for DH, but I have no drive at all. Plus our 3 yr olds come into bed with us every night so that doesn't really set the mood.
    And I also feel like a whale ::insert fun gif that I don't know how to post:: :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 5/2/09
    B/G twins born 37.5 weeks 10/25/11
    Baby 3 due 5/20/15 - It's a Girl!!
  • Options

My Brother broke up with his GF about a month ago and is now staying in my living room. I have a VERY small apartment, and refuse to move during the winter.

The sex drive is still there but the alone time isn't..

• Options
    Ladies, how often are you giving it up?
    8-10 times per week.. Daily then twice on most weekend days.

Has your sex drive increased? It's back to what it was pre-pregnancy. The first trimester I had zero interest

What about your DH? He's ready to go all day every day!

Do you feel insecure about your body? Sometimes i do, but he always makes me forget about it.
  • Options
    So... I have an ex bf of two years (good break up: I wanted marriage/family he didn't) who I slept with. But it's kinda super awkward for me right now- not being in a relationship/body changes/insecurities

Apparently this is like having his cake and eating it too, because he knows I'm way past the idea of dating right now, and baseline we get along great, our ideas of happily ever after are just different... So I'm kind of on the fence as to whether or not to continue you on. I'm always ready for sex- drive has gone way way up... But it's just weird? He's way into it. I mean even bringing up my insecurities about my changing body I get this back:
    "Just cause your pregnant doesn't mean you aren't still gorgeous"

He's also the first person to like be my little cheerleader when people say something negative on fb. He told me to fuck the dad because I was the best mom and dad he's ever met. Lots of just mutual respect... Ugh so torn!
  • Options
    Usually once or twice a week, sometimes he initiates, sometimes I do.  But, everyone in a while we will go a week or even two without it really coming up.  He is so must with work and school, we often go to bed at different times, and that really cuts down on our chances.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    My sex drive is completely up! However we've only done it a handful of times since I've been pregnant. DH is still a little paranoid about "shaking" the baby, even though I've explained 100 times that LO is just fine!! It's just a mental thing with him, but I sure wish he'd get over it!!
  • Options
    I think I can count on one hand how many times we've has sex since getting our BFP. The first trimester I felt so awful it was the furthest thing from my mind. Second trimester has been a little better, but it's nowhere near what it is pre-pregnancy. Most of the time I find myself thinking that doing the deed would be nice, but when it comes to staying awake long enough to put the kids to bed then have some alone time, I'm not willing to sacrifice the extra half hour of sleep. I do miss being close though. I try to let SO know that I still think of him that way even though our sex life has taken quite the dive.
    BFP 3/30/13, MMC and D&C 4/19/13
    BFP 4/8/14, MMC 5/5/14, D&C 5/9/14
    BFP 8/26/14 Due date 5/8/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Increased in 2d trimester!!! No interest in 1st trimester.

*** SIGNATURE WARNING ***

Me & DH, early 30s
    Married 2008
    Excitedly expecting baby #1 - 5/15/2015

We are PAIF-MFI

BabyFruit Ticker

All Welcome
  • Options
    with my 1st pregnancy I wanted it ALL THE TIME 2nd tri. But this time... no so much, which is a bummer....I've also been sick alot with various strep and stomach viruses so that hasn't helped.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hardly at all first tri... Sex drive came back but a couple weeks ago I bled during and a couple days after, plus it was so painful afterwards that we have not wanted to do it again.

My husband works nights so it's hard to find time anyways.
  • Options
    I would say it's about the same as pre-pregnancy.  Normally 1-2 times a week.  (I pointed out to dh the other day that he is getting way more sex this pregnancy than my other two pregnancies.  We probably averaged twice a month during those pregnancies)

Side note...I had an orgasm while sleeping the other week.  It woke me up!  I didn't even know that was possible.

~Mama to two daughters and baby #3 coming soon~
  • Options
    Definitely decreased. I'm guessing we've done it only a few times since the BFP. First tri was a disaster for me, and now we are just both tired. Luckily DH has a low-ish sex drive so I don't feel bad. It isn't like he's asking daily and I'm turning him down or anything...
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rivers714 said:
    So... I have an ex bf of two years (good break up: I wanted marriage/family he didn't) who I slept with. But it's kinda super awkward for me right now- not being in a relationship/body changes/insecurities Apparently this is like having his cake and eating it too, because he knows I'm way past the idea of dating right now, and baseline we get along great, our ideas of happily ever after are just different... So I'm kind of on the fence as to whether or not to continue you on. I'm always ready for sex- drive has gone way way up... But it's just weird? He's way into it. I mean even bringing up my insecurities about my changing body I get this back: . "Just cause your pregnant doesn't mean you aren't still gorgeous" He's also the first person to like be my little cheerleader when people say something negative on fb. He told me to fuck the dad because I was the best mom and dad he's ever met. Lots of just mutual respect... Ugh so torn!
    So basically he's just your f--- buddy? Is he having sex with other women too? Sounds dangerous to me.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • Options
    @ajzmommy‌ I've had quite the few offers. I know it's a weird fetish for some, but most have been from guys who I kinda know. I think the " can't get more pregnant" and the fact that I'm very vocally not looking for a relationship ( not that I'm actively trying to slut it up but I did hook up with an ex) has been appealing? I can't really say, but even out with friends I've been hit on. I think my new boobs must blind them to my bump? I think it must be the " not looking for a guy" vibe- you know how you get hit on 10x more when you have a bf then when you don't!
  • Options
    leekee816leekee816 member
    edited January 2015
    Ugh! Mine decreased only because I'm pretty crampy all of the time. DH's has increased and in overdrive.

Edited to say that I feel insecure about my body, but my husband loves it.
  • Options
    Super jel of all the increased sex drives!!
    DH and I both have decreased. We still have sex once a week...takes a while to get started. He's literally afraid of poking something!
  • Options
    Mine has decreased, but we still do it probably once a week. I've had a problem with multiple yeast infections this pregnancy, and when things are itchy and sore down there, it makes me not want it at all. It doesn't seem to bother DH - he just takes care of himself if he needs to, and sometimes I help him out :)
  • Options
    rivers714rivers714 member
    edited January 2015
    @ajzmommy‌ I think it's personal preference for sure. I'm not the one Tnight stand type but that's not to say I have to be going steady or bf/gf with a guy. My ex didn't know the dad and I guess from what he said when it comes to me he said that I've always been so independent that it would be weirder to see me with a so. I told him before if I didn't have a husband by the time I got my phd id go the ai route for more kids. I also would never let the dad touch me with a 10 ft pole. All the smoke and mirrors are gone and he's pretty much the worst person I've ever dated hands down - so there is celibacy or other guys. Alex is a guy I trust, I care about, but we both know at the end of the day we want different things

Eta: after my experience with the dad and the guy before that, it's going to be a long time before I'll feel okay about trusting a guy to even consider a serious relationship- which also may be why I'm not so concerned about the " stickiness " I know I'm not emotionally available to get attached right now
  • Options
    My sex drive became super low. We've probably DTD 8-10 times since BFP. But then at my anatomy scan, it was discovered I have placenta previa so no more inter course for us until repeat ultrasound on 2/24 to see if placenta has moved. The thought of not being able to do it kinda makes me want it more
  • Options
    I'm in the decreased, probably have only done it a handful of times since bfp. It seems way too tiring and I can only imagine what bodily functions are going to happen in the middle of it. Luckily h is really understanding.
    **May 2015 Siggy **imageFav Holiday Movie
    "Meet me in St. Louis"
    imageimageimage
    photo 8d082fa1-60bf-4c58-9505-dc8820557700.jpg
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @allybells‌ they told me they won't do an internal until after 30wks to check cervix. Everything has been super quick heartbeat check and just asking how I'm doing
  • Options
    My sex drive pre-pregnancy was never high and it hasn't changed. So it's about 1x a week if he is lucky... more like 1x every 10-14 days though as of now. First trimester was like once every 4 weeks! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Same as with my first. Decreased huge in first and now huge increase. But have bladder infection ugh!
  • Options
    I feel so much better after reading that others sex life has decreased. We haven't had sex since we conceived. I got really sick first trimester. Now I'm better but uncomfortable and we never seem to want it at the same time. Add that to both of us being scared bc of past miscarriages. I've said we should try a few times and maybe we will, but I don't see it increasing too much.
  • Options
    My sex drive has increased, but frequency of DTD is about the same (average 4 nights a week) because ain't nobody got time for more and if we do it much less it starts to have a negative effect on our relationship (not happy about this, and we're working on it, but it's a fact).  If I'm really ready to go then DH is literally 100% of the time compliant, so it's really up to me whether or not we DTD. We do it more when I'm either feeling really frisky or really generous, and we do it less when I'm having a bad week and just want to crawl into bed at the end of the day and not take care of yet another person in my family needing attention (sorry H I love you!).  Before we had kids we DTD almost every night, often more than once a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"