• meredithhaymeredithhay member
    edited January 2015
    @MiaaWallace

line of the night, "Bye Felicia"

:):)
  • Loading the player...
  • laurenr92laurenr92 member
    edited January 2015
    Another Catholic here, OP I would suggest you find a Christian mothers group on Facebook or another forum for religious support. I am apart of a Catholic women's group and we ask for prayers, post religious articles, share frustrations, etc. It's different than TB, here there are people of all different beliefs, faiths, ideas, morals and that's okay! It actually provides a really wide view and range of opinions and ideas. I like this group because I get to see so many different pregnancy stories, perspectives and it's kinda really neat we are all pregnant together! This isn't the group to post Bible quotes and you did say some things that were offensive. We lit a candle at church for our baby after we found out, and though I do believe that God willed each of our little babies to us all and parenthood is a gift, prayer needs works (ie, makin' love) and that's what ultimately makes them.
    TL;DR Don't be offended, let this go, don't post about it here (you will annoy/offend people) and find a Christian mothers board to join too.
    TTC: Dec. 2014    -     BFP: Jan. 3rd, 2015    -     EDD: Sept. 15th, 2015   
  • Wow. I am devastated at the morality and maturity of some of you. My faith is very important to me something I did not put out there to share in a post to get such disturbing, mocking responses. I'm a Christian and I pray? So what? If that was motivation for y'all to write such inappropriate things then god help you, you are exactly what is wrong in this world. No faith, cynical, cold, unreasonable, unforgiving, spiteful.. The list goes on.
    Maybe this is not the ap for me. I'm looking for HAPPY, open, mature and kind women to share this experience with.
    This is absolutely crazy.

Well they have a Christian mingle site I'm sure they've come up with a Christian and TTC or Christian and Pregnant site.

• Nope sex and doctors got me pregnant. You can have faith and all but it's science that gets you pregnant. Pretty sure you can't just pray and not have sex and get knocked up still.
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• I can give a amen to that!!! Lmao!!
    " oh my god.. Oh my god...!!
  • EuphonyEuphony member
    edited January 2015
    Unless your religion is "The Church of Getting Pregnant by Prayer", no one is mocking it. Chillax, dude. Don't start a theological discussion if you don't actually wish to discuss anything. If you only want to talk to other Christians, there is probably a forum for that.
    *****Ticker Warning*****

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just read a bunch of these comments and I'm sorry people took fhings I said way out of contex, like, to a whole other level... To a level of thought I don't even believe in. Too many it's hard for me to address them all but to any bringing up other religions, My best friend is Muslim and my parents are catholic. I am not discriminating other religions by any means. That just not how I think other religions do not bother me at all??? So anyone that was offended by my post regarding their own beliefs ok. I'm not judgemental and I don't hate. Please know that.
    Also, I never once said I didn't have sex to get pregnant but I just believe that god played his part this time. I prayed a lot.
    After my loss (in which I didn't understand) last time.. A lot of bad things happened in my life at the time I would have been pregnant, deaths, jobs, illness etc. I just believe that I experienced that loss for a reason and now by praying, almost two years later of trying I conceived again at a even better time in my life than I had before.
    I like to thank god and I like to have faith in something I by no means think I am any better than each one of you or deserve a baby any more than each one of you. My god for people to feel that I think like that makes me sick to my stomach. That is not me. This post that was supposed to be positive took such a turn for the worse. This crazy judgemental religious picture was painted of me because I have a little faith and defended my own.

To the woman who wanted to address me lying to my ob to get a earlier ultrasound, yes. I did. I said i wasn't sure if my last period was normal so I didn't have to wait three months to do a ultrasound because my doctor doesn't do them before 3 months. I am paying for it out of pocket since my insurance doesn't kick in until the 1st. I still don't see the big deal?

I am not that religious to the point where I think I'm better than anyone (believe me I have family like this) just because you believe science has to do with every aspect of your life I do not think any less of you. My god is a belief. Not a fact. I know that.
    I was offended once- by the person saying they got pregnant by saying " oh god ya oh god oh god"
    I never once had one slight opinion on the ones that said they got pregnant by having sex of ovulating or getting off of birth Control.... I never once argued that!?

Anyway if anyone could be kind enough to explain to me how to delete this conversation. It's filled with negativity and id like to get rid of it so that there is no more offensive posts to people and I'm not sure how.

Thanks.
  • I did go through fertility treatment. However, I prayed everyday for two and a half years and had 5 previous failed treatments. I do feel that God created doctors for a reason. One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 and Samuel not sure of the verse number I have prayed for this child and the lord has answered my prayer, just like Hannah prayed for years! God bless you on your new bundle of joy in September!
  • I had VERY low probabilities for a pregnancy, our doctor suggested starting with some inseminations and then IVF. My family and I prayed real HARD and exactly the month prior to the first insemination, I got naturally pregnant. When I missed my period, I did not even think it was because of THAT, as it was so unlikely, so when I saw the BFP, I just couldnt believe it!!!!! Im 5w now and still pray for everything to keep on going ok.

I read many saying pregnant because they had sex, but just want you to know children are God's gifts and they come to our lives by His will.

So, if you still dont have a BFP dont give up, keep praying hard as miracles happen all the time.
  • EuphonyEuphony member
    edited January 2015
    I had VERY low probabilities for a pregnancy, our doctor suggested starting with some inseminations and then IVF. My family and I prayed real HARD and exactly the month prior to the first insemination, I got naturally pregnant. When I missed my period, I did not even think it was because of THAT, as it was so unlikely, so when I saw the BFP, I just couldnt believe it!!!!! Im 5w now and still pray for everything to keep on going ok. I read many saying pregnant because they had sex, but just want you to know children are God's gifts and they come to our lives by His will. So, if you still dont have a BFP dont give up, keep praying hard as miracles happen all the time.
    See, by that logic, God is a real dick to all those people praying for kids that never get them. 

I remember when my uncle bought his house while he was going through a nasty divorce my mother comment that he got a good deal because the woman who was selling it had cancer and needed to sell it quickly, otherwise he would never have been able to afford it. She told me "See, God provides" and I was all "Not to the poor lady with cancer apparently..." She didn't have a comeback for that one because people who like to go on about how God has blessed them and their loved ones rarely do.

*****Ticker Warning*****

BabyFruit Ticker

• I had VERY low probabilities for a pregnancy, our doctor suggested starting with some inseminations and then IVF. My family and I prayed real HARD and exactly the month prior to the first insemination, I got naturally pregnant. When I missed my period, I did not even think it was because of THAT, as it was so unlikely, so when I saw the BFP, I just couldnt believe it!!!!! Im 5w now and still pray for everything to keep on going ok. I read many saying pregnant because they had sex, but just want you to know children are God's gifts and they come to our lives by His will. So, if you still dont have a BFP dont give up, keep praying hard as miracles happen all the time.
    Congrats on your BFP, but holy shitballs this is offensive. Sorry ladies who did need IVF, pray harder!
    I don't think that is what she means at all. I don't think anyone in here is that insensitive. I think all that she was trying to say is not give up. No matter how you go about it. No matter how you believe it happened.  And if its just not happening, there are other routes to take. Positivity and love is a universal language. In that i think we can all agree. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• GemartinGemartin member
    edited January 2015
    Man, oh man, Mommas. Let's stick together and show each other some love! Fourth pregnancy for me, three miscarriages from June 2013-July 2014. Anyone else trying not to worry their socks off?
  • I can't believe I am reading this. The Bump is supposed to be a supportive place. OP was looking for others to share a spiritual experience. 
    Anniversary
  • nofrogs said:

I can't believe I am reading this. The Bump is supposed to be a supportive place. OP was looking for others to share a spiritual experience. 

Well bless your heart.
    Me: 33 | DH: 36 | 2+ years TTC #1 | EDD: 09/12/15
    Dx: Hashimotos, Hypothyroidism, Hyperprolactinemia

09/2013: Started seeing RE - abnormal spotting and anovulatory cycles
    09/2013-2014: Spent the year regulating thyroid/prolactin levels
    10/2014: Full baseline cycle - ovulatory, but with heavy LP spotting
    11/2014: Operative Hysteroscopy, HSG, and Tubal Cath: abnormal growth found
                   Results: Growth benign, tubes clear, total D&C performed - still spotting
                   Next steps: Clomid/IUI, starting in 2015
    01/2015: Totally unexpected BFP!
  • TaRisha2012TaRisha2012 member
    edited January 2015
    Bwhahaha this is hilarious!!! I get what the person that started the thread was trying to do and say. So to that you get an Amen from me and I know the power of prayer. Maybe, next time start off with your story (how prayer has helped you) different. But, you have to admit that the comments are hilarious I damn near choked laughing at the comments.
  • DorkyMamaDorkyMama member
    edited January 2015
    mischiefmama said: (dropping in from another BMB)
    OP knows that Catholics are Christians, right?  And that Jews also worship the same God as Christians, just not the Jesus part?  And some would argue that the Muslim God is the same one as Christianity as well.  Just sayin'.
    Also  OP your comments are extremely offensive and your words, and the words of the Christians like you, are the reason so many people don't like Christianity.  You're doing more harm for your cause than good.  Go ahead and turn the other cheek and apologize.
    From your lifelong Jesus lover, mischief.   --quote fail--

Observant Jew here. Can confirm - no Jesus here. I also give no Amens to her original post or "I have a Muslim friend!" backpedaling.
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • I was never once back pedaling. I was trying to give you guys a glimpse of who I actually AM. 

Welp.... This was my first time joining a forum and I guess this is a true example of how horribly wrong things can get misinterpreted over the internet. 
    Here I am. I am reading messages like, What? Huh? How? Who..Are they talking about me? But I don't feel that way....WAIT.  I didn't mean it like that!.. I don't even think that??? Did I say that?? What is going ON!!! 

LOL I have to laugh at this point. I don't know how to get any of you to see that I had the best intentions when making this post.. I feel a little better that I have gotten several private messages of people saying they understood that I was just trying to start a conversation for people that have faith.. in ANY religion really, any one that believed God had his hand in this pregnancy.
    That is all? I have sex, I am in love, I had a loss, I am a mom, I have struggles, I got a BFP like all of you have.. I'm just a normal person. I just believe in God and prayer. I'm not saying that other people didn't pray hard enough. EVER lol that is just simply not how it works.. It honestly sounds silly to me.. buuuut apparently that's what I was saying at one point so who knows?

This is all so twisted up to me now when I read it, I can't defend myself to 10+ people commenting on comments on comments on comments. 

Lets end this on a POSITIVE note - I wish you all the best, A smooth pregnancy, a happy and healthy nine months!!!

And on a side note, for all of you who do believe in the power of prayer and are having any struggles right now-
     "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths" - Proverbs 3:5-6

• together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • Me: 33 | DH: 36 | 2+ years TTC #1 | EDD: 09/12/15
    Dx: Hashimotos, Hypothyroidism, Hyperprolactinemia

09/2013: Started seeing RE - abnormal spotting and anovulatory cycles
    09/2013-2014: Spent the year regulating thyroid/prolactin levels
    10/2014: Full baseline cycle - ovulatory, but with heavy LP spotting
    11/2014: Operative Hysteroscopy, HSG, and Tubal Cath: abnormal growth found
                   Results: Growth benign, tubes clear, total D&C performed - still spotting
                   Next steps: Clomid/IUI, starting in 2015
    01/2015: Totally unexpected BFP!
  • Wow. I was about to post a comment on this mess but it's more than you deserve.

GTFO with your nonsense. You have worn out your welcome.
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP: 12/23/2014    EDD: 9/6/2015

Sept '15 January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!
  • STOP WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMMENTING ON MY OWN DISCUSSION!!!????

• OP you do not own the discussion. Once you post on the internet it's up for anyone.
    TTC since March 2013
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal

Untitled

• Oh boy well since this is a discussion on prayers I'll continue to do so for those who enjoy them
    Here's one for people that carry hate in their hearts-

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."
  • You know OP this would go over much better on a different site. One that is geared to religion. A quick google search for Christian pregnant forums and you will find them I'm sure!
    TTC since March 2013
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014

Untitled

• OP you are seriously beating a dead horse. Is this your first time on a BMB? because you will quickly learn that sometimes you really just need to stop. A BMB can be a wealth of knowledge and friendships if you don't burn every bridge you cross. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, sometimes there is wisdom in SILENCE. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• stacey609stacey609 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm sorry you have been hurt by this post. While I do believe in a God, I think that tracking my cycle has more to do with getting pregnant than the other. I just don't think that this is the place to be bringing up religion. I don't think anyone on here was deliberately trying to hurt you... Just having a laugh. Tht being said, perhaps you would be more comfortable starting or joining a board that is dedicated to your beliefs? Just a thought. I am new to these boards, but I thought I glimpsed a "start new boards" button??
  • I made this discussion to discuss prayer, I am not rubbing anything in anyone's faces..  I've been minding my business since the original post. But constantly getting backlash for posting it. If you don't like Christianity simply don't comment on this discussion? I wouldn't waste my time if I were you and it was something I didn't believe in...  just.. why?

Apparently anyone who believes in God has to discuss this in private messages now because people are afraid of getting attacked on their beliefs. So they are messaging me privately. 

Christian or not, doesn't that sound wrong to you?

I don't talk to half of my distant relatives because of their hypocritical ways. I am far from the "kind of Christian" you are making me out to be... I've tried all kinds of drugs, I've made mistakes and I've even prayed in a MOSQUE and Yes I lied to my doctor... A small white lie, so that I could rest assured knowing that my baby is OK. Really?? Come onn....I am HUMAN not a God. I never once said I was perfect. I am far from it.
    The defense you ladies have up is on a whole other level. 

I'm so confused how "fucked up my statements are"   Are you kidding? I am so lost on how this is my fault when all I did was post a discussion for people that may want to share stories on their Faith and new pregnancy. 
    Hello?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"