August 2015 Moms

What's your Baby's Heart BPM?

dwal07dwal07 member
edited January 2015 in August 2015 Moms
EDD: August 25, 2015
Currently 7wks, 0days

My personal fetal Doppler came in today and I was so anxious to hear my baby's heart beat for the first time. After 3min or so I found my baby's heart beat right above the right side of my pubic bone. I estimated between 84bpm - 90bpm at 7wks and now this concerns me a little because it should be at least over 100bpm. So I'm curious to know what your baby's heart BPM is/was when you first heard it and how many weeks/days were you.

This will be the last time I check my baby's BPM until after my next ultrasound appointment at 9wks, Jan. 23rd. Not stressing myself out, just curious. :)

I tried attaching a video of the Heart BPM but it won't let me.

UPDATE: Went to my Dr's appt Friday 1/23 and had my first Transvaginal Ultrasound- baby measured 172bpm at 9 wks 4days to be exact. That strong healthy heart beat was the most beautiful sound I've heard! Such a relief...

Re: What's your Baby's Heart BPM?

• Mine was 126 at 6w0d
  • Loading the player...
  • sbeaniegirlsbeaniegirl member
    edited January 2015
    Sorry I don't have input on this, but my first appointment is also Jan 23rd and at 9 weeks, it's nice to have others on here that are at te same pace as me! Good luck!
  • Thank you Laxdixdar! That's what I was hoping to hear haha! I wish that video would attach so you guys know what I'm talking about. But I'm sure your right! It's probably too early to hear it clearly and maybe it was something else I picked up. It's a swoosh beat. If that makes any sense.
  • laxdixdar said:

Chances are that wasn't baby. Sounds like you picked up your own hb. 7 weeks is EXTREMELY early for a fetal doppler I would wait a few weeks and try again closer to 10.

Thank you Laxdixdar! That's what I was hoping to hear haha! I wish that video would attach so you guys know what I'm talking about. But I'm sure your right! It's probably too early to hear it clearly and maybe it was something else I picked up. It's a swoosh beat. If that makes any sense.
  • dwal07 said:

Thank you Laxdixdar! That's what I was hoping to hear haha! I wish that video would attach so you guys know what I'm talking about. But I'm sure your right! It's probably too early to hear it clearly and maybe it was something else I picked up. It's a swoosh beat. If that makes any sense.

Baby will sound like a galloping horse. Goodluck and try to hold out a bit longer :)
    Married the love of my life: 11/12/2009
    1st BFP ever : 11/19/2014
    1/9/2015 our miracle baby was welcomed in heaven.
    BFP #2 : 4/21/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had an ultrasound yesterday at 7 weeks 4 days (estimated, I'm 8w1d by LMP) and the heartbeat was 173. Doctor said everything is fine.

Baby Boy 4.8 kg, 55 cm born 10.31.2010 
    Expecting #2  8.16.2015 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine was 176 at 8 weeks 6 days.
  • Not sure if it was Doppler or simulated, but LO measured 6w6d with a heart rate of 152 at my appointment a couple weeks ago.
  • At 8 weeks 4 days we were at 162bpm (heard in the office while getting a transvaginal u/s). Most beautiful sound I've ever heard :). Going in on the 26th (11 weeks 4 days) and was told they'll use the fetal doppler on me then. Can't wait!
  • Dr told me that I couldn't cone in till 12 weeks because that's when I would hear the heart beat I am so confused I am 7 weeks ish now I say ish because no one will see me till the 27th which is 12 weeks ish.. I am going crazy over here! I just want to hear it this all still feels in real to me :(
  • 7 weeks and two days it was 138 bpm. It was an ultrasound though so I don't know about a doppler.
  • I don't put much faith in the accuracy of those, particularly since they are not medical grade and we aren't (mostly) medical professionals. I have one and used it in 2nd and 3rd tris just to hear the HB, but I didn't pay attention to the number. Try not to worry!

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Dr told me that I couldn't cone in till 12 weeks because that's when I would hear the heart beat I am so confused I am 7 weeks ish now I say ish because no one will see me till the 27th which is 12 weeks ish.. I am going crazy over here! I just want to hear it this all still feels in real to me :(
    I'm also going in at 12 weeks for the first ultrasound- it will be okay, I'm sure it will be here before we know it! Can't wait, though- and the good news is it will look like a real baby then! 
  • GypsySoul74GypsySoul74 member
    edited January 2015
    You definitely picked up your heartbeat and not baby's.

I used the doppler a few times in my last pregnancy, but I didn't start using it until I was around 10 or 11 weeks. And it still took me some time to find it.

Watch some videos on YouTube. They were instrumental in helping me figure out what I was looking for.

Oh, and our baby's heart rate was 170 at our appointment yesterday - 8 weeks and 1 day.
  • 6w1d: 100
    7w6d: 161

Sounds like you picked up your own pulse to me. You are too early to be trying to use a doppler.
  • Your iliac artery runs right through the area you checked. It is possible you were picking up on that, which would be your own pulse. I've never used a home doppler, but I've heard that 7 weeks is too early. I'd wait a couple more weeks and try not to worry!

Exactly what I was thinking.  It was most likely your own hb that you were hearing.  Once you hear your baby's heart beat you'll notice how distinctive it sounds compared to the other sounds that are happening down there. 

I found the doppler take some practice to get good at.  Ours was also very accurate with the BPM when we compared it to our MW's doppler.  You'll get to know the range that your baby hb tends to be in. 

• Mine was 130 @ 6w2d
  • 5w6d 97
    6w1d 113

(taken during ultrasounds)
    BabyFetus Ticker

~My history~
    TTC since August 2013
    10/2013 BFP #1 - mmc 11/2013 cytotec
    6/2014 began fertility help with RE
    12/2014 BFP #2 12dpo
  • 119 @ 6w1d, seen during my u/s but not heard
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine was 134 at 9w1d.
  • 7 wks 139 bpm
  • That was your heartbeat you heard. I would watch some you tube videos so you can hear the difference between you and baby, once you hear it it's unmistakable. Id say wait two weeks before trying the doppler again. My babies heartbeat is anywhere between 145 and 185, usually in the 160's,

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I went in on Friday. I measured 6 weeks 4 days and the heartbeat was 129.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 164 bpm at 7 weeks 4 days
  • 132 BPM at 7 weeks and 4 days.
  • 174 at 9 weeks
  • I saw it at 6wk 1d, it was 111 at 7wk (both with RE), at 8wk 6d my OB said it looked slow but her machine isn't able to measure, today at 10wk it was 155-164
  • My baby's heart rate was 188 at my 8 week appointment... Higher than I expected but my doc says it's very healthy :)
  • 166 when baby measured 8w1d
  • I was 9 weeks 5 days today and the heartbeat was 178
  • At the 8 wk mark babies measured 7-5 and we're in the 140's.
  • Mine was 185 at 9wks 1 day.
    imageimageimage
  • 160 at just about 7 weeks. 
    "One Love, One Heart, One Destiny" - Bob Marley

"Louie & Irie -  Fur Babies Adopted 02/16/13 & 5/23/13"

August 15 January Challenge - Mean Girls

• 176 at 9w1d
    Pregnancy Ticker
     DD #1 born 8/3/2015
  • Yeah 7 weeks sounds too early to be using the Doppler. I found my baby's heartbeat between weeks 9 and 10. The first time, it took me an hour so remember to be patient if you do decide to try again. Watch some how to videos on Youtube, great pointers and it will help you to be able to tell the difference between your heartbeat and baby's. It's pretty distinct.
  • 170 bpm at my last appt 8w5d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"