January 2015 Moms

Thursday Randoms

Let's do this! Share with me your randoms!

I had a baby girl yesterday. Ive been pretty much naked in the hospital room doing skin to skin and it's so soothing for both of us.

Re: Thursday Randoms

• I got admitted on Monday to the hospital after my water broke, since I have been here I have gotten maybe 5 hours of sleep total. I have no idea how I am functioning.
  • Congratulations on your baby girl @BookitBoo‌ !!

I'm awake, drinking water and sitting on an exercise ball, bc I just can't get comfy in bed...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yay @bookitboo! She is adorable!!! And love the name obviously!
  • Congrats @BookitBoo‌

Little mans reflux issues have been giving us fits. Poor guy is so uncomfortable.
  • @robsbabygirl08‌ have you spoken o the doc about Zantac? My peds put my daughter on it around 4 weeks old and it made all the difference in the world!
  • Congrats @BookitBoo‌ and good luck @jmcmoe‌!

I am just oh so tired! Truly not looking forward to going outside today it's 11 degrees out and with windchill it will be -2.
  • Congrats @BookitBoo‌!

jmcmoe - You can do this. Good luck!

Today is my last day of work for quite some time. I plan to be a SAHM once baby D arrives. I don't have to be there until 9am but for some reason my body decided that 5:15am was a great time to wake up. Maybe if I lay back down I can squeeze in another hour before I have to get ready. I highly doubt it though
    I-)
    BabyName Ticker

• funinthenorthfuninthenorth member
    edited January 2015
    Today has the potential to be a long ass day!

Was awake from 2 - 4 last night, left hand went numb again which doctor said is "normal".  It doesn't feel so normal to me.  5am woke up with a major leg cramp and 6 am - ds arrived in room to say good morning.

Ugggg.  Oh and to top it all off our dog ripped his nail almost all off yesterday so a $400 vet bill later he's now missing one nail and all wrapped up.  Except this morning it's full of blood again and the playroom carpet (the only carpet in the house) is covered in blood so he's off to the vet again.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• Wind chill -23 today - brrr. Good thing I have extra insulation right now! :-p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EmilyA724EmilyA724 member
    edited January 2015

Today has the potential to be a long ass day!

Ugggg.  Oh and to top it all off our dog ripped his nail almost all off yesterday so a $400 vet bill later he's now missing one nail and all wrapped up.  Except this morning it's full of blood again and the playroom carpet (the only carpet in the house) is covered in blood so he's off to the vet again.
    Did your vet not recommend kwik stop? I'd think that'd help any bleeding.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last night baby boy was wiggling against my pelvic bones. When I tried to explain the sensation to DH he started chanting "I want out! I want out!" If only...
  • Congrats @BookitBoo‌!!!! This is TMI, but I'm wondering if I'm allergic to something in the weave of the Always overnight pads. A weird itching has started, and I didn't have stitches/repairs, so there's none of that healing going on. I change it often and use that squirt bottle from the hospital every time (because it feels good!), so I have no idea what's going on, but it isn't pleasant. 
    @elleswarth - try tucks medicated pads :)  I had this same issue after birth (although I had a few stitches so thought it was from those healing) and they worked REALLY good for me. My doctor recommended 'em. 
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • @llambrose‌ I saw you updated with your son's name and I just wanted to say that I loveeee it!

(Sorry, if it's been updated for a while.. I don't function like a human any more.. no sleep, you know how it is..

• @EmilyA724  We actually have that at home for the rare nail clipping accident but this was nothing like that.  The vet said it was an artery bleed and wouldn't stop easily on it's own.  Dh has him back at the vet right now so hopefully he'll be on the mend this time.

Update:  dh just called.  It's not good.  His blood is not clotting and they are looking for extra blood for him.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• Turning in 24 hr urine sample for preeclampsia again today. (I've had a feeling they missed something the last time, because I've had all these weird symptoms) If levels are high I'll be getting induced tomorrow likely. Otherwise induction is Tuesday due to high blood pressure.
    I'm super nervous to be induced!
  • @llambrose‌ I saw you updated with your son's name and I just wanted to say that I loveeee it!

(Sorry, if it's been updated for a while.. I don't function like a human any more.. no sleep, you know how it is..

Thank you! We finally decided around 3 AM last night. People at the hospital kept coming in with paperwork and were getting annoyed that we hadn't picked one! Lol!
  • Yesterday I had crazy back/stomach pain every time I stood up. Like, it hurt to walk and it was contraction tight just from standing. After work, I went home and took a bath- as soon as I submerged she went crazy moving around. Apparently that worked to get her to change positions a bit because I was able to get out of the bath and be relatively pain free for about 5 minutes. After that there was still pain but not as bad as before. 

• Our heater is broke. .. 30-40 degrees in the house. Negative degrees outside so it's only going to get worse. Pipes almost froze in shower. I'm miserable and camped in bedroom with space heater which is bringing it to about 60 degrees in room. Whine whine whine. ... :-(

Hopefully will be fixed soon supposed to hear from guy with part in the next hour so keep fingers crossed.
  • Today is my first official day of mat leave, though I've been off since Monday using up sick days. Still no baby yet...

DH makes SO MUCH NOISE and uses SO MUCH LIGHT getting ready in the morning. Today I grumbled that he's going to need to change the habit of being on his cell phone while in bed first thing in the morning. He did not seem impressed. Sorry hon, but maybe Clash of Clans can wait until you're on the train?

Didn't do the grocery shopping yesterday, so I'm going to have to brave the cold with DS this morning. Currently -14, though windchill is -24. Ugh.
  • Congrats @BookitBoo‌!
    @funinthenorth‌ I hope they're able to stop the bleeding!

I just woke up from the strangest dream. Part of it it was running from a pack of dogs but they were giant sized, like 6 feet tall when they were on all fours. And they just wanted to give me kisses but I had to get to the end of the fenced area in a rush. So I was swinging from the side of the fence like a monkey to get there, with full pregnant belly and all lmao. Then I found an ex bf, one from high school whom I haven't talked to since high school and whom I never slept with, and I had to tell him the baby might be his. Umm, definitely not haha. Idk why he popped up there of all people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I keep having weird dreams too that I don't remember in the morning. But the theme is the same, I'm having a baby. The tension tamer tea does seem to be helping me fall asleep, so that is really good. My baby wasn't moving a whole lot yesterday, but moving quite a bit this morning. We seem to have days like that once in a while, but it does scare me.

Congrats @BookitBoo‌! And good luck @jmcmoe‌!
  • @liladelphia215‌ We are RCS buddies!!! We are going in at 7 in the morning. Blech but I guess it is better than having to fast through the day!

This will be my 3rd Csec and I am a little anxious about this one. I have to get a little extra dosage of the spinal just in case they run into scar tissue. I am hoping this is not an issue because when they went in for my second I had no scar tissue.

No BH or any signs of labor here and I am hoping it stays that way till Wednesday! Visiting my grandparents today then off to the last doc appointment this afternoon. Can't believe we are having a baby in less than a week!
  • @kellyfo14 - this will be my second. The hospital hasn't given me a time yet (Hmph!) but I'm hoping for an early c/s so I can be up and walking that evening. I didn't realize they could give an "extra dose" of the spinal - that's good to know in case I feel the need to ask about it. 

With my first C/S I went into labor the morning of - so I'm definitely hoping he stays put until C/S day and I think he will. 

Good luck!!
  • Congrats @BookitBoo‌

Been having trouble sleeping for the past days. Like idk how I go by with four or five hours of sleep. Been almost five yrs since I had a newbor. Haha.

Anyway heartburn is really being terrible to me the past days esp during bedtime. Plus peeing every now and then isn't helping my sleeping situation. Haven't eatenfor the past 8 hrs because indigestion is just sooooo bad. Good thing that last food I took was munchkins from DD!!!

Goodluck to fellow ladies in waitibg

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Every day I walk into work "you didn't pop that baby out yet!?!"....ummm clearly I haven't...not due til next week....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Feel better @Edvent‌ and congrats to @BookitBoo‌ !!
  • The wind chill here is below -20. My shower pipes are frozen. My kids both have cabin fever, I am nine months pregnant, and can't consume sufficient coffee to make this day acceptible. Suck it mother nature.
  • Congrats @BookitBoo!

@jmcmoe - good luck!

@funinthenorth - good luck with the pup!  I know how stressful that can be!

@happymonkey817 - that doesn't sound good!  Have you called the doctor?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Congratulations mama's,an good luck to those in active labour, hope the ones who delivered get to go home soon, an the ones that are at home yay! I got up an cooked breakfast, miracle I couldn't believe it, now I'm paying for it with some intense back pain an some weird shocking kinda sticking pains in my stomach to back area, if they are contractions they hurt like hell, other than that I'm still pregnant!
  • My daughter woke up again at 3 this a.m. :( I don't know how to get her to sleep through the night. One of the issues (I think) is her room doesn't get as warm as the rest of the house so even when we have the house set at 68 (which feels like 75 in my room) her room is still cold. I keep telling my husband we have to turn up the heat but it really doesn't even matter when we do, her room remains cooler. :( Something we will eventually have to look into but probably wont get done in the next few weeks. So I am on a mission to get a king size bed this weekend. I got a bonus at work and my husband had told me we had to wait until April but now I feel like I have the money so I want to buy it. At least then when my daughter does come into bed I won't be on the freaking corner! So heres to hoping I can convince him to buy one this weekend! 
  • @funinthenorth‌ that happened to my German shepherd on. Friday. It was broken all the way up to the paw and it was hanging by a thread. My neighbor works for our vet and she told me to clip it off. (I think it hurt me more than it hurt her...trust me), clean it with hydrogen peroxide, triple antibiotic ointment and to keep it wrapped for a few days. Fortunately it worked, she seems fine now. She licks it every once and a while, and she isn't limping. I hope your dog feels better, it is awful when they are hurt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"