January 2015 Moms

38weeks 5 days no sign of labor

I am 38 weeks 5 days and this waiting game is beginning to make me very anxious this is my first baby and I have no idea what's is going on I still havnt lost my mucus plug my doctor has never checked me I have no contractions no Braxton hicks nothing there is just complete no sign of labor what's so ever I don't even know if the baby has dropped this is my first baby and I don't no what going on did this happen to anyone else before ?????? How will I know when the time is near help please help

Re: 38weeks 5 days no sign of labor

• I'm 38w2d and I have no signs either. This is my 4th just be patient baby will come when ready
  • Loading the player...
  • caitylady12caitylady12 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm due the same day and I'm not worried about a thing. They will come when they are ready. Be patient, the time will pass quicker than you think!

Edit- words are hard these days
  • The time is near. My guess is that in the next two weeks or so, you'll have a baby. Women have had babies since the beginning of time, so I don't think you need any help figuring out what's going on....just be patient.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm also a FTM, due the same day, and haven't had a single sign of labour yet. I wish babe would hurry up but I'm trying to mentally prepare for the long haul.
  • I was saying that because numbers are just numbers. You could be 0 cm and go into labor the next day or be at a 2 and it can still be a few weeks away.
  • AU88 said:

People are so rude on this. I remember being a FTM and it would've made me more relaxed knowing people are in the same boat as me.

If she would have read a few other threads she would see many people in the same boat as her. And a good portion of them are at 40+ weeks....

• longcat07 said:
    these are the new hospital bag posts.

This is what I was thinking. 

OP, we're all feeling a little impatient right now.
  • I've had constant contractions since October...wahhwahhh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Who was being a bitch?? I thought the snark was pretty minimum and there was advice given... If anything, the OP was the rude one, only responding to one comment about her not even being full term in a snotty way. No acknowledgment or thanks to any other of the other posts.
    .image

• 5 days past due date. Ohh, and I've been dilated and 50% effaced for almost 2 weeks. And had really promising contractions last weekend, and nothing.

::cries::
  • I thought id try this app. I wish I hadn't. What rude horrible comments to a lady who is just worrying. I read this post as I'm feeling the same as her with only 3 days to go. Back to baby bump it is. Some of your comments are just vile.

• I thought id try this app. I wish I hadn't. What rude horrible comments to a lady who is just worrying. I read this post as I'm feeling the same as her with only 3 days to go. Back to baby bump it is. Some of your comments are just vile.

K THNX BYE!!

Asshole.
  • Oh boo boo >:P L-)
  • Do you feel sorry for our born and unborn babies?!  You probably should since we're such horrible people. 

Yeah I do. Talking to that lady like that when all she is feeling is anxious. It takes nothing to be nice to people and maybe help put them at ease, but no. You just made her feel stupid. I'm gathering this is mostly American as the attitudes stink. Reply with all the crap you like. You should all be ashamed.
  • I feel like there is a difference between being supportive and a therapist :-/
  • I find it very ironic that you've been on this board (not app) for 2 months and this is the first thread you decided to respond to...

How is it ironic??

• Do you feel sorry for our born and unborn babies?!  You probably should since we're such horrible people. 

Yeah I do. Talking to that lady like that when all she is feeling is anxious. It takes nothing to be nice to people and maybe help put them at ease, but no. You just made her feel stupid. I'm gathering this is mostly American as the attitudes stink. Reply with all the crap you like. You should all be ashamed.

We're all feeling anxious, there are probably 3 other threads within the first two pages of people feeling anxious. Maybe if she'd read other threads then we wouldn't feel the need to bring the snark. Not to mention, I'm sitting here at ONE WEEK PAST DUE without a baby so chick needs to just put on her big girl panties and wait.

Just go crawl back into whatever hole you decided to come out of for this WK attempt. And fuck right off with your comments about this obviously being American because our attitudes stink. There are plenty of Canadians here, and even a few British, Australian or South African moms.  

I rest my case. Another vile reply. The hole I crawled out of sweetheart is a lot cleaner than yours. ;)) :P
  • lololol forever

"Don't say nasty things -- ASSHOLES" lol
  • I find it very ironic that you've been on this board (not app) for 2 months and this is the first thread you decided to respond to...

How is it ironic??
    Oh and it is an app thankyou, it's on a thing called an iPhone.

We're all feeling anxious, there are probably 3 other threads within the first two pages of people feeling anxious. Maybe if she'd read other threads then we wouldn't feel the need to bring the snark. Not to mention, I'm sitting here at ONE WEEK PAST DUE without a baby so chick needs to just put on her big girl panties and wait.

Just go crawl back into whatever hole you decided to come out of for this WK attempt. And fuck right off with your comments about this obviously being American because our attitudes stink. There are plenty of Canadians here, and even a few British, Australian or South African moms.  

I rest my case. Another vile reply. The hole I crawled out of sweetheart is a lot cleaner than yours. ;)) :P

I question your definition of clean. You are the most disgusting poster on this thread and you can't even see it. 

Do you feel sorry for our born and unborn babies?!  You probably should since we're such horrible people. 

I question your definition of clean. You are the most disgusting poster on this thread and you can't even see it. 

Really? I didn't use the f word, I just stuck up for somebody that you all decided to bully. You're rude and obnoxious. Hence the comment about Americans. I rest my case.
  • CUE THE NEXT ONE :-h
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"