Baby Names

Mn for Cash?

We've decided on Cash if it's a boy (baby's gender is a surprise) but can't pinpoint the "perfect" middle name. Any suggestions? If baby is a girl she will be Scarlett Alexis lol

Re: Mn for Cash?

• Cassius Alexander

• Loading the player...
  • My cousin's son is Nicholas Cash... Not a huge fan of Cash at all but Nicholas is his father's name. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Money is actually the hubs first choice as a middle name.
  • In surprised there are so many negative Nancy's!!
  • A friends just had a Cash James, he goes by CJ.

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Little dude will be here before we know it!

You must be married to Birdman.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • What's MUD? And we will be putting the chaps on him after he is born :)

You must be married to Birdman.

No just being silly. :)
  • MUD is made up drama. As in I see you trollin'. Because surely no one could seriously consider Cash Money for their child. In fact, Cash by itself is absolutely ridiculous.

Not made up at all actually! Of course I was kidding about Cash Money, that is silly. Cash is a name we came across and just really clicked with both of us. Hubs and I are both near-30 professionals, not kids and this baby is a real one and if it's a boy WILL be named Cash. I'm due in August so keep an eye out for the official name, lol. I Was interested in mn suggestions not criticism on our name choices. I feel that parents know what's best for them and their child and would never criticize someone's choice of name. It may not be to your taste/lifestyle but it fits ours! Babies are a wonderfully happy thing, no negativity necessary :)
  • If you are going to go with Cash, you should go with a very traditional middle name- James, Michael, Joseph, 
  • I vote giving him a traditional first name then middle naming Cash and then just calling him Cash.
    For example..."This is John/Thomas/Andrew Cash but he just goes by Cash."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Only time I've ever heard the name Cash was a guy who was a drug dealer and that was his street name. I think his real name was Anthony. Never knew Cash was a legitimate name.
  • Chris and Heidi Powell have a son named William cash.

It's cute for a boy under 7, but doesn't sound professional at all.
  • IrishTravelerIrishTraveler member
    edited January 2015
    Cash is trying too hard.

There's a Cash in DS's daycare class. His mom is all about appearances. She drives a Lexus SUV (new), wears what looks to be expensive designer clothes, and just generally gives off a vibe of caring very much how people perceive her. Her DS is two and wears rompers to school quite a bit when the other kids are wearing very easy-to-wear clothing. Everything about her stands out, and I believe that's what she was going for with the name Cash as well. It screams nouveau riche.

ETA: I have no issue with people who have wealth. Most of them worked hard to get it, but I don't believe that's the case here. I realize I came off as envious when in reality, I was trying to say that I think she is just overly preoccupied with appearances.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If you are truly set on the given name Cash for a boy, let's hope you are having a girl. Your girl name is FAR superior. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• I think Cassius is such a great name! I would use Cassius and then he's got a great formal option for when he grows up and becomes a professional adult.

Cassius James
    Cassius Rex (that's a little over the top but kind of awesome)
    Cassius Luke

Scarlett is very pretty. Good luck!
  • Cash William
    Cash Michael
    Cash Everett
    Cash Christopher
    Cash Graham
    Cash Anthony
    Cash Thomas
    Cash Brooks
    Cash Benjamin
    Cash Reid
    Cash Emerson
    Cash Jonathan
    Cash Bennett

I really like the Cassius suggestion too. Gives a bit more of a formal name and still Cash as a nn. I know a Cassius who goes by Cash. There's just a lot of names that don't flow well with just Cash

Cassius James
    Cassius Noah
    Cassius William
    Cassius Michael
    Cassius Oliver
    Cassius Dean
    Cassius Nolan
    Cassius Micah
    Cassius Holden
    Cassius Dominic
    Cassius Xander
    Cassius Ezra
    Cassius Philip

• I grew up with a kid named Cash Sylvester Lastname.
  • We loved Scarlett Alexis too! So funny! I btw LOVE the name Cash so excellent choice. I would go with something classic and perfect to go with it maybe even lengthy? Cash Garett or Cash Desmond
  • Cash Carter
    Cash Carson
    Cash Michael

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ace226 said:

Money. If it's gonna be an awful name why not go all-out?

This is exactly what I was going to post!!

If it's Cash, you have to do Cash Money... If your going to name your child something like Cash, might as well go all the way with it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What do you like about Cash?
  • I went to school with a guy named KASH. With a K! So at least she is using a correct spelling!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Should I start quoting soon or...?
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• On the plus side, I think Scarlett Alexis is very pretty! On the not-so-plus side, I really think Cash is  a mess. I'm an accountant, so I immediately picture Cash growing up to be an accountant and all the ridiculous jokes he is going to have to endure. Cash is just one of those names that I feel gives off a vibe that isn't what you probably want to give off. And it is really no match for Scarlett. Scarlett is beautiful and classic, and Cash is trendy and a bit silly IMO. If you do pick it, then I agree with others that you need to give him a strong, classic middle name to fall back on if he does choose to be come a professional in a respectable field. Michael, James, Thomas, Andrew, Jonathan...or something along those lines.  
  • A woman I went to high school with named her baby Kash.ton nn Kash. I cringe every time I see her post something with his name of facebook. She had him when she was 20, I do wonnder if she would choose this name now, several years later. I know the names I liked at 20 vs. now in my late 20s are very different.
  • Just.... Don't.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• The funny thing about associations is you have very little control over them.  If someone introduces themselves as Cash most people are going to associate it with money.  It's not ignorance it's just the most common use of the word.  

I don't mind Cash in the MN spot so much but as a FN it just screams "look how cool we are?  We named our child Cash!"  
  • MamamadsMamamads member
    edited January 2015
    I think Cash Alexander, Cash James or maybe Cash Ray?

Do I love the name Cash? No. Does selecting this name mean you aren't looking out for your child's best interest Absolutely not nor does it affect their professional future. There are very few names that truly limit your options in life, if any at all and I laugh so hard when I see people using that as a reason to not use a name they don't like. A name is a name.. It isn't who you are or what you do, not to mention you get two(usually) and the child can also use one that is preferable in the future if they so desire. So everyone calm down with the whole this bad name equal no real job opportunities/you don't love your kids.. So ridiculous.
  • bromios said:

Mamamads said:

Do I love the name Cash? No. Does selecting this name mean you aren't looking out for your child's best interest Absolutely not nor does it affect their professional future. There are very few names that truly limit your options in life, if any at all and I laugh so hard when I see people using that as a reason to not use a name they don't like. A name is a name.. It isn't who you are or what you do, not to mention you get two(usually) and the child can also use one that is preferable in the future if they so desire. So everyone calm down with the whole this bad name equal no real job opportunities/you don't love your kids.. So ridiculous.

I don't think anyone said she didn't love her kids, but the fact is that, all else being equal, the resume with Cash at the top is more likely to go into the discard pile. It's not impossible by any means for someone named Cash to be successful, but there are a number of careers where it could very easily put them at a disadvantage when competing with equally qualified candidates.

Someone said if she truly cared about his well being she wouldn't be naming him Cash. And what your saying is completely untrue, what you do and where you go in your life is based off of who you are as a person and your qualifications, not by your name. You can't say wow I surely got ahead in life thanks to my completely common and acceptable name of Ashley or whatever. That's hyperbole.
  • Idani said:

Mamamads said:

bromios said:

Mamamads said:

I don't think anyone said she didn't love her kids, but the fact is that, all else being equal, the resume with Cash at the top is more likely to go into the discard pile. It's not impossible by any means for someone named Cash to be successful, but there are a number of careers where it could very easily put them at a disadvantage when competing with equally qualified candidates.
    Someone said if she truly cared about his well being she wouldn't be naming him Cash. And what your saying is completely untrue, what you do and where you go in your life is based off of who you are as a person and your qualifications, not by your name. You can't say wow I surely got ahead in life thanks to my completely common and acceptable name of Ashley or whatever. That's hyperbole.
    I said it and it's true. I'm mobile but will try to link some things later. There are actual studies that show certain types of names are received better in the real and working world. Hell even Ricky Lake had a damn show about it years ago. It's not a new thing or something people are just saying. It is in fact true someone name Matthew will be seen as a more proper candidate than say Mathugh or King. If you were to look up a lawyer to defend you chances are James will get more calls from the yellow pages than Majesty. Sure it is possible that Someone named Princess could be a CEO but she likely had to work ten times harder to be taken seriously. I look at resumes if you can only interview say three people for a job an your final two resumes say Dean or Jaxxson. Guess who is getting called? It's just a fact.

Your name is the first impression someone sees or hears. So why not give your child something that others won't perceive as uneducated, not as dependable or a joke.

It's nice to think life is not a bitch like that but it is.

That is not always the case regardless of what study you show me. To say someone won't be taken seriously because they have a unique name is not always true, I could see that be true in instances of Pilot Inspector (someone named their child this) but hardly with the name Cash. It's unusual but is not a name setting him up for a life full of struggles.
  • There is no way around it, Cash is absolutely horrendous as a "name". No no no.
  • MamamadsMamamads member
    edited January 2015
    Idani said:

Good God nothing is ALWAYS true but if it's true say 98% of the time it's an overwhelming rate.

I would say 98% of the posters agree Cash is bad. So you are right he could run into you the 2% that think it's great, but the majority of his life he will be running into the other 98%.

I actually think it's a terrible name but I don't need to go as far to say he will have a hard time in his professional life because people might not like his name.. And that's assuming he wants to do anything "professional" I just find that to be a very broad and untrue statement.. Especially not 98% of the time.

Edited to add
  • Mamamads said:
     To say someone won't be taken seriously because they have a unique name is not always true, I could see that be true in instances of Pilot Inspector (someone named their child this) but hardly with the name Cash.
    How is Pilot any worse than Cash? Same thing, a nonsense noun for a first name.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Is Jay-Z a nickname? I have a hard time believing this. @pineapplesmoothie
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"