September 2015 Moms

Exercise! Let's Do This!

I just got me the 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates DVD and I am ready to start today!  This is my 5th pregnancy and I have gained 50-60lbs with each of my other kids no matter what I ate. So I have been accumulating the weight over the past 9 years and I am now obese!  One thing I did not do during pregnancy was exercise. 

So who is with me?  Who is already exercising?  Who is planning to start exercising?  What are you planning on doing for exercise? Looking forward to being as healthy as I can be this time around!
Momma to Dakota (3/21/06), Willow (7/22/09), Scarlett (1/9/11) 
BIG SURPRISE BABY DUE 9/7/15

Surro-Momma to Devinaj (2/5/14)

Re: Exercise! Let's Do This!

• I post every now and then in the Fitness forum here, but that forum isn't active. Thanks for starting this thread!

I'm planning on doing yoga, jogging, and strength training. But I'm curious about your Pilates DVD!
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • I go to the gym 4x / week during my lunch break and I plan to keep going as long as I can. Later on, I will also add prenatal yoga and long walks when the temperature will be better.

I'm such a lazy person that i justify the house of Netflix bing watching I do with exercise.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm currently walking during my lunch break.  I'm planning to start prenatal yoga.  I never really exercised consistently before I got pregnant, so I'm scared to start a bunch of new stuff.  Maybe once I'm out of the 1st trimester, I will get more aggressive.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • I will be at least walking/jogging 5 days a week and doing light weight training. I gained 50 pounds with my first and that was a pain to lose. I also ate whatever was put in front of me. I don't plan on doing that again. Good luck to you!
  • Hi! I was a very active person pre-preg so I am hoping to continue that. I'm holding off on high intensity stuff like spin class and this cardio circuit class I take at my gym until I talk to my doctor on the 20th.

In the meantime I have been doing yoga and easy jogs. I miss spin class and I hope I get cleared to to that. I have been pretty tired though.
  • I was working out pretty intensely and very regularly until the BFP. The holidays derailed me and then this cold. I'm hoping to start up a less intense program on Monday. I feel yucky without working out, so I'm excited to get back to it.
  • I ran the Chicago Marathon in October so needless to say I was in pretty good shape!  The holidays, getting pregnant (not trying but not not trying, if that makes sense) and the sub zero temperatures has derailed me.  I have started doing the elliptical and running on the dreadmill at my office gym, so I'll keep that up.  I plan on getting back outside and running when temperatures hit somewhere in the 20's-30's again!  Thanks for starting the thread!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Right now I'm doing 90 day transformation with Jillian michaels. That will not be sustainable once I get a belly, but it'll get thru my first tri. I plan on swimming thru my second and third tri mixed with walking and stretching.
  • I need to workout, but for me it's a time issue. Full time job + baby = not much free time. Once the weather gets warmer, I can walk.

I think a 10 minute workout sounds great. Better than nothing.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm a big walker - that's my main form of exercise. The holidays kind of derailed me though, so I'm trying to get back into it. I used to go for a long walk 4-5 times per week (= at least 30 mins/2 miles, but typically about 60 mins/4 miles - I try to keep up a 15 min pace so it's actually a workout!). I love long walks.

I also love pilates. I did a pilates program about 6 months ago through the Balanced Life and absolutely loved how it made me feel: stronger, toned, and slimmed down. I still have a bunch of those videos so my plan is to get back into the routine of doing 1 video every day. The instructor, Robin, has a bunch of free short workouts online if anyone is looking for easy short workouts. She does also have  a prenatal series that I'm considering signing up for. 

I also want to look into prenatal yoga down the road!
  • I do crossfit/circuit training, kickboxing, Zumba and yoga :)

My personal trainer has trained pregnant women before so I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of program he'll come up with. Hoping I can continue kickboxing and Zumba :)

One thing my doctor said not to do is bikram and other forms of hot yoga which I love :( so I'll be sticking to flow and Jivamukti.

Will probably get into swimming as well later on! :)
  • I'm a runner and have a half marathon planned in March.
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• Well holy heck, is there anyone else in this group that sucks at exercising like I do? LOL

• I plan to do more exercising this go around. When I can find time between work fulltime and a 9 month old. Last time I was pregnant in the winter so all I wanted to do was sit on the coych and eat all the things.. At least it will be warmer and I can bust out my jogging stroller !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • before I started IVF I was running 6 miles several days a week, lifting, and spinning...however I am super nervous to jump back into any of these since i haven't been doing them consistently in a few months...I do want to commit to walking long distances several times a week and this pregnancy I am going to be a lot more diligent about what I put in my body...been researching the brewer's pregnancy diet...anyone know anything about it?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• We have an elliptical that I need to get better about using. I've put on like ten lbs after my wedding in December/Christmas/New Year's. I was looking into the "What to Expect" workout DVD, so we'll see. I'll definitely be doing the long walks when the warmer weather gets here.

***Siggy Warning - loss mentioned***

Pregnancy Ticker

*S15 Siggy January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance*

ME: 32   DH: 38

BFP#1 - 7/18/14; EDD 3/23/14; MMC 8/11/14 (passed naturally on 8/17/14)

BFP#2 - 12/29/14; EDD 9/10/15 *PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOW!*

• bunnybun4 said:
    before I started IVF I was running 6 miles several days a week, lifting, and spinning...however I am super nervous to jump back into any of these since i haven't been doing them consistently in a few months...I do want to commit to walking long distances several times a week and this pregnancy I am going to be a lot more diligent about what I put in my body...been researching the brewer's pregnancy diet...anyone know anything about it?
    I'm planning to try this.  I had PIH with DS and this diet is supposed to help with pre-e.  Its basically just a high protein diet.
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • I have always exercised as well.  Weightlifting and crossfit being my main forms of exercise along with running.  Now that I am pregnant, I have started incorporating yoga and advanced stretching into my routine and will modify where needed as things progress.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • I plan on walking a lot and I would love to do the pilates. Please let us know if the dvd you got was good.  I did Windsor pilates for a long time.  I love feeling long and lean and those videos help you get that feeling.  

I know this may sound weird, but ever since I found out I was pregnant I feel super bloated, and the thought of sucking in my tummy scares me a little.  Just a silly fear I know!  So I have been putting it off for that reason, but plan on starting tonight!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @oliversweet You're not alone! I'm also terrible, other than walking. I live in a big city, so I do walk a couple miles a day getting to and from work, but other than that, I'm terrible about exercise.

I did pilates throughout my first pregnancy, and I loved it. I would have loved to continue it, but a full time job and a newborn does not make it easy. I have a lot of respect for people who continue their routines with kids.

For those of you who exercise during lunch - this is a stupid question, but how does that work? Do you wash your hair afterward? Dry shampoo?
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• I just got me the 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates DVD and I am ready to start today!  This is my 5th pregnancy and I have gained 50-60lbs with each of my other kids no matter what I ate. So I have been accumulating the weight over the past 9 years and I am now obese!  One thing I did not do during pregnancy was exercise. 

So who is with me?  Who is already exercising?  Who is planning to start exercising?  What are you planning on doing for exercise? Looking forward to being as healthy as I can be this time around!
    I have this! Used it with my last pregnancy, it's pretty good. The problem is I loaned it to my neighbor and I don't know how to ask for it back without spilling the beans :-S
    September '15 siggy challenge: Happy Dance
    dancing,ron swanson,gifs,drunk,funny
  • mandy522 said:

For those of you who exercise during lunch - this is a stupid question, but how does that work? Do you wash your hair afterward? Dry shampoo?
    I only walk so I don't usually break a sweat.  Having to take a shower is what puts a cramp in my workout plan.  I don't know how people workout on their lunch hour and still have time to shower and redo hair and makeup.  I could only workout for 15 minutes if I did that, lol.

image  image                                                                      
  • You could tell her your friend is pregnant and need to loan it to her :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mandy522 said:
    I tried doing a real workout (running) during my lunch break. Once and only once. It takes me a long time to cool down, I guess, so even after a cool shower I continue to sweat at least a half hour or so afterwards. Sweating through my work clothes isn't fun.

When it's warm out, I walk at least 2 miles during my lunch break, 3 times a week. Not enough to break a sweat, but enough to feel like I've done something.
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!

• I have this! Used it with my last pregnancy, it's pretty good. The problem is I loaned it to my neighbor and I don't know how to ask for it back without spilling the beans :-S
    I just found that you aren't supposed to lay on your back after a certain number of weeks by reading the reviews for this video. (clearly I'm a noob at being pregnant, I thought that's how all pregnant women sleep haha)

Did you still use this video after 20 weeks?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • micsue123 said:

I have this! Used it with my last pregnancy, it's pretty good. The problem is I loaned it to my neighbor and I don't know how to ask for it back without spilling the beans :-S
    I just found that you aren't supposed to lay on your back after a certain number of weeks by reading the reviews for this video. (clearly I'm a noob at being pregnant, I thought that's how all pregnant women sleep haha)

Did you still use this video after 20 weeks?

You can lay on your back, they just don't recommend you sleep on your back due to blood flow.  Left side is always better for sleeping!

• ProfEDD said:
    I just got me the 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates DVD and I am ready to start today!  This is my 5th pregnancy and I have gained 50-60lbs with each of my other kids no matter what I ate. So I have been accumulating the weight over the past 9 years and I am now obese!  One thing I did not do during pregnancy was exercise. 

Go get it and lets do this! lol.  Tell her your just starting to get back into working out and you need something slow to start with lol

• I did hot yoga 5 times a week prior to this pregnancy. This is my fourth pregnancy and through the other three I continued to do warm and prenatal yoga all the way through. I found that it really helped in labor and delivery. I walk on my treadmill too.
  • ProfEDD said:

Go get it and lets do this! lol.  Tell her your just starting to get back into working out and you need something slow to start with lol
    OK I think I'm officially buying this DVD... but then I saw this one that looks more my style: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJSDPBA?psc=1
  • DorkyMama said:
    ProfEDD said:

OK I think I'm officially buying this DVD... but then I saw this one that looks more my style: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJSDPBA?psc=1

That one looks awesome!  I saw it... I am just price conscious at the moment LOL.  If you get it, let me know how you like it!

• @OliverSweet - I just ordered it and it will be here Friday!
  • Let us know how you like it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am planning on walking as much as I can and I just bought the Lindsay Brin prenatal workout last week (which is still unopened lol). It has a different workout for each trimester and consists of weights/arobics and prenatal yoga. I read that the workouts are 30 minutes long which is perfect because I'm crunched on time!
  • mandy522 said:

I always take a shower after working out and I will wash the bottom part of my hair. I then blow dry quickly the top that is a little sweaty and the rest of my hair will air dry during the afternoon. I have pretty short hair though (long bobish) - When I had really long hair, I did a top bun and my hair stayed pretty much dry through the workout.
  • I'm a belly dancer so I have two classes a week plus a beginning ballet class. Also, I got a prenatal yoga DVD that I'm going to start using. I'm hoping to keep up with the dance classes until I'm ready to pop since I think they will be excellent preparation for child birth.
  • I have a treadmill in the basement...I plan to keep running until I can't. And then walk after that...I'll move my exercise outside when it's no longer arctic outside. I walked 2-3 miles a day with my first, really helped with weight gain and recovery after birth. I'd tell you my weight gain but that would just piss everyone off.
  • Walking and yoga are great if you haven't worked out much before. Especially walking within an hour after eating to help digestion.

I've been taking barre classes for a while but I had pneumonia before I got my BFP and haven't worked out in over a month. I'm kind nervous about starting up again. Taking it slow is key. I would like to keep it up through most of my pregnancy. I did yoga up until 38 weeks (had him at 39 weeks) with my DS just modifying along the way.

I also had GD with my DS that was managed through diet so I want to try and avoid that as much as possible this time around.

• I gained 40 lbs in my last pregnancy, and have been hanging onto those last 10 lbs. After 15 months, I guess I can't call it baby weight anymore! Anyway, I'm already bigger than I wanted to be starting this pregnancy, so Im walking, doing yoga, and some weights, all just at home. Like a lot of you, I'm ready for the warmer weather so we can get outside more. For now, just walking the mall or bundling up. Its easy to get exercise with a toddler, but hard to watch what I eat since I feel like I'm starving all the time now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone interested in a weekly exercise check-in? Workout Wednesdays?

I was actually going to suggest this if no one else did. I think it would be a good idea. After I replied to this I felt motivated and jogged a mile then deep cleaned my house.
  • Anyone interested in a weekly exercise check-in? Workout Wednesdays?
    I was actually going to suggest this if no one else did. I think it would be a good idea. After I replied to this I felt motivated and jogged a mile then deep cleaned my house.
    I definitely need a check in. I just dragged my bike out of the guest room to work out. Even if you ladies only shame me into working out once a week so I can say I did something before the check-in, it's better than nothing!
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"