September 2014 Moms
Options

What is the hardest part

So now that our LO's are 3 or 4 months old what do you find to be the hardest part about having a baby? Currently, I'm struggling with sleep regression problems and I still can't get LO settled down long enough for me to get any housework doen (vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, mopping, etc) without someone else carrying for LO. DH tries to help but unless DS is happy and content he gets really frustrated and then starts doubting his ability to care for a DS. Then I get even less done.

Re: What is the hardest part

• Options
    The lack of sleep. DS has been waking up every 1-2 hours a night and his naps are even shorter. I'm so tired and I get frustrated trying to get him back to sleep. It's even worse on the days I have to work. I hope this doesn't last too much longer!
  • Options

The lack of sleep. DS has been waking up every 1-2 hours a night and his naps are even shorter. I'm so tired and I get frustrated trying to get him back to sleep. It's even worse on the days I have to work. I hope this doesn't last too much longer!

This exactly
    And D's being super clingy I feel guilty because I can't play and do what I used to with her
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The hardest part for me is not being able to get out of the house as much. She absolutely hates the car seat and can only last a short amount of time in her stroller. So, it's just easier to stay home most days.
  • Options
    All what everyone described is me to a Tee.  I feel like there is no time to do anything.  When I finally get LO down for a nap that he is ok taking without me holding him, I want so me time to just sit around so bad that I dont feel like cleaning bottles, cleaning the house, cooking dinner.  Its hard.  While I love it, I also get frustrated that literally all day long I feel like Im holding him or doing something with him.

My DH is the same where he helps here and there but the minute DS starts crying and he cant calm him down, he checks out and I cant handle hearing the baby cry for more than 5 minutes at a time so its mommy to the rescue.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    As a FTM the hardest part is questioning everything I do. Did I swaddle him right? Should I still swaddle him? When was the last time I fed him? Does the cry mean hungry angry tired board dirty? LOL I think everyone must go through this (or so I hope) so I try to give myself some slack. He's still breathing and gaining weight so I haven't screwed him up too much yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The hardest part for me is not being able to get much housework done. It doesn't bother me so much but DH will come home from work (after being gone 2-3 days) and see that there's dishes in the sink, laundry that needs folded, and trash that needs taken out then look at me holding our screaming son and ask if I did anything at all while he was gone. And when he is home, he's too busy with his own little projects to help with housework or the baby
  • Options
    My house is a mess. I mean it's bad. I feel like I'm having to step around/over stuff. It's so not like me and I hate it. But LO is fussy lately so it's easier to tend to him than to let him cry and finish cleaning.
    I also agree with the milestones obsession. Because someone else's baby did something by this time I find myself pushing him to do it to because "it's time" for him to do it.

TTC since 2.11
    BFP #1: 3.15.11- c/p
    MTHFR Dx 6.13-Rx- folate and B12
    BFP #2: 11.9.13 -m/c Trisomy 4
    BFP #3 1.18.14 EDD 9.27.2014

• Options
    The sleep regression definitely sucks BIG TIME. But for me it still does not usurp the suckiness that we cannot afford for me to be a SAHM. It's still breaks my heart every day I have to take him to the babysitter. :(

• Options
    Lack of sleep. My older one was a champion sleeper 9-11 hours straight from 7 weeks!, so I wasn't prepared to be so tired at nearly 4 mos. He's sleeping worse now than ever :(
  • Options
    The comparison of other babies and milestones as well. I also find breastfeeding to be one of my biggest challenges and I feel so much pressure (from myself) to make sure I can provide what she needs

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    All of the above, especially the lack of sleep!
  • Options
    I feel that DH and I are not as close as we were before LO. When DS was first born we were really distant with each other, but now we are getting back to how we were before but it is still a bit different.
  • Options
    1. It's much harder to get the house clean and I kind of miss my just me time.
    2. I said I would never sleep with my baby but when I went back to work I needed sleep no matter how I could get it! Now I'm trying to work on getting her to sleep in the crib and its not easy.
    3. Sometimes I think she's teething so we give tylenol ( which helps) but then I wonder is she really teething? Is it something else? Should I not have given her meds? Ugh. It's gonna be a lifetime of wondering if I'm doing the right thing! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh I would also like to add that I would like to sit on the couch for just ONE hour without having to hold another living being, because if I don't have LO, I have both of our dogs. And sometimes, as an extra bonus, when I DO have LO on my lap, I still have the dogs trying to lay on me. My DH sits across the room in a whopping chair and a half with no seating partners and every other living creature in the house except the turtle is piled onto MY lap taking up one cushion of the couch. *sigh* :((

• Options
    Right now... the hardest part is leaving my LO at daycare every day.  I've been back since December 1, and cried again this morning dropping her off.  I miss her so much!!!
  • Options
    My LO stays home with his dad in the daytime (he works from home), but when I get home at the end of the day he's mine.  I struggle with having zero "me time" as I play with him, change him, feed him, cuddle a bit, play a bit more, get him down for a nap (usually 1/2 hour during which I wash bottles) and then it's all to do over again.  I'm fine with the lesser amount of sleep at night, but I wish he'd take longer "naps" so I could get something (anything) done.  But...that's a tiny complaint for such a huge blessing of a child.  He's beautiful, good natured, and healthy.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• Options
    I work from home and have LO here with a nanny three days a week (he's at daycare the other two days). He hates the nanny so far and it is soooo hard to get any work done when he is constantly crying - hearing him cry makes me cry so you can imagine how my conference calls are going at this point!! The daycare days are easier because I get more work done but I also have a hard time leaving him there. He's about four months and his sleeping is really up and down so some days are better than others.
  • Options
    Constantly questioning myself as a mother. I have years of experience working with other people's infants, so I assumed I'd feel confident and sure as a FTM, but it's truly different when it's your own child. I second guess myself on almost everything, and feel guilty if I'm not giving her my constant undivided attention.

Also, the effort it takes to go anywhere. I still struggle with the fact that it's not as easy as just getting in the car and going anymore.

• Options

Tch4lfe  try a carrier! I swear besides diapers this was the best investment we have made. I use it all the time to get him to sleep, clean, get outside and just walk (which is his naptime too), cook, etc. Life would be soooooooo much harder without one.

Hardest part for me is pumping at work. Nipples hurt and just went back so struggling to get enough daily to what he's eating now daily from a bottle (I know he's eating more now that it's easier than the boob). Guess its a good thing I had been stocking since he was a few weeks old. but ya, pumping sucks.

• Options
    @drae86 I was about to suggest a carrier also!  Love my Tula SSC and my ring sling.  And I'm having the same issue with pumping!! I HATE IT!!  I'm seriously considering quitting.  I go back and forth.  If it weren't for mommy guilt, I'd have given up a long time ago.
  • Options
    In the beginning it was breastfeeding, now it is just sleep. I long for 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. We are at 2 to 3 again. I feel like a zombie .
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Its hard lately getting enough sleep so I can function. Being sick this past week prob didn't help. I would have loved for Dh to step up and help, but he's kind of clueless to what's happening unless I specifically say something, then I just sound like a nag. Asking for help is hard.

• Options
    I'm having the pumping issues too. DD is eating 6 oz at a time. If I want to be gone for my usual 10hr day plus commute (this week has been shorter so I could drop her off at daycare with DH) that's 4 bottles. I may as well handcuff my pump to my wrist. I haven't managed that amt yet.
  • Options
    I love this thread.  I've nodded my head to almost every post in it.  It helps to know that what I'm dealing with is normal.  I'm constantly second-guessing myself these days.
  • Options
    @Vavavictoria‌ - I have to give 6 oz bottles too as she usually finishes them but sometimes not. I only have to do 3 and that's hard enough! What's helped me though is knowing she is ok if I add formula (1/3 formula) and I also usually nurse on one side so in the morning I pump while she nurses and it saves times and I get more milk. I have to pump for 30 min at a time to get 4 oz. I add one more session at 9 before bed. I just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one with a big appetite.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    The hardest part for be is not being able to say "I don't feel like it right now" or "I'm tired, maybe later". I don't get frustrated with DS very often but when I do, it's usually just because my time isn't my own anymore or I really want to get something done and he's just not cooperating.
  • Options
    pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited January 2015
    Probably finding a balance that works for everybody. There was a lot of resentment this week since DH went back to work. We knew it wasn't going to be easy but I don't think we realized how big of an impact it would make on our relationship with each other, our me time, etc. Regardless of it all, we love our LO and we know it'll get better when she gets older. At least until we try for a second one ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"