August 2015 Moms

Anyone else on progesterone?

Hello! I am 10 weeks 1 day and my DH and I got pregnant with the help of IVF. I have been on progesterone shots since the egg transfer and was supposed to do my last one tonight, however, I am PETRIFIED to stop them. Have any of you been on progesterone? If so, how long were you on it for? I am thinking of just continuing until 12 weeks (DR said it wouldn't hurt anything) but was curious to see what other's experiences were! TIA!

Re: Anyone else on progesterone?

• I am on it. Pill and supposition forms only. I suspect I will be on it for the full first trimester since my levels naturally were quite low. But I would gladly stop as soon as I am told to. The stuff is not exactly fun.
  • I agree, not fun! And I am so sick of sticking myself with needles! I think I am just a worry wart!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, yes!!! I'm on PIO (butt shots - miserable!!!!!) and prometrium (oral capsules). My RE wants to wean me now, but my RI (reproductive immunologist) wants me to stay on the stuff for 16-20 weeks from what I've gathered. I've been reaching out to their office to ask WHY because I'm completely miserable. My ass is lumpy and sore all the time from the PIO, and the prometrium knocks me out. I can't take it during the day because I literally feel intoxicated and wouldn't want to operate a vehicle, so I take it before bed.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • I am on endometrium suppositories and my RE recommended that I continue them through 1st tri.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Don't panic -- follow your doctor's advice. If he said it "wouldn't hurt anything" and it makes you feel better to stay on it, go for it.

Also lots of info in this thread:
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/86055286
  • I'm counting down my shots! Three left! My RE had me switch to every other day at my last appointment on 12/26. I should have had my final RE appointment this week, but my doctor was on call at another office. I actually thought about just stopping tonight, but figure I can manage three more. I'm also over lumpy butt!
  • Haha, lumpy butt syndrome as I call it! I'll probably stay on it! Peace of mind makes the lumpy (and itchy) butt worth it for me for sure! Thanks for the input everyone! :)
  • I've been on 200 mg suppositories since a few dpo, and will keep them up until 13 wks per my ob. I think they've made my first tri stomach issues worse and I'm gaining weight quicker than id like to as well, but they are helping baby stick so obviously worth it.

If dr gave you the ok to keep going into 12 wks, and it makes you feel better, go for it!

I feel you ladies on the shots, having to take lovenox every night until 6 wks post delivery. Ugh.
  • My dr goes until 10 weeks
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• @ambercdc‌ - I'm on Lovenox twice daily throughout my pregnancy too. Shots! Shots! Shots! Wahoo ;)
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • I'm using the vaginal pills this time just like I did with my sons pregnancy. With his, I was on then until 10w. It'll probably be the same for this one.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • I'm on 600mgs of oral pills a day and had a shot yesterday.  Luckily I think I escaped the lump, but it sure is sore today!  I haven't had my 1st ultrasound, so I'm not sure when I'll come off of the pills.  I've been having my level monitored and it was still lower than my Dr. wanted last week.  She wants me to do another draw next week to check it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
  • Hello there,
    I am 7 weeks & On my ultra sound my doctor found a small blood clot and prescribed me progesterone 200mg they can be taken orally or vaginal , I do it both ways, one in the morning one at night before bed . I'm not quite sure what symptoms this pills have on me, I'm suppose to take them just for 2 weeks.
  • @RunCC37‌ if only they were the other kind... ;) I feel lucky I'm only on 1x per day!
  • I'm on two suppositories a day and am terrified of stopping too. I have been trying for 10 years and this was my 3rd ivf. I'm expecting twins and terrified of something happening to them. Prayers for you mama!
  • I'm on it too. I take via pill form. Makes me sleepy and sometimes stumbly.
  • TMI warning.... has anyone noticed that their pee smells funny because of the progesterone? I hope I'm not a freak ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
  • I'm on the shots until Thursday, cant wait for my butt to stop being a mosaic of bumps and band aids!
  • I was on suppositories 3 times a day. My RE just told me I could stop them at 10 weeks. I was a little nervous to, but I figure the dr knows way more than me. Just praying it doesn't do any harm.
  • I was on PIO after IVF and stopped at 8w4d (I am now 9w6d).  RE said I could have stopped it after 6w4d when we heard heartbeats but I was definitely not comfortable stopping that early.  RE said not to take it past 10 weeks, DH and I discussed it and we stopped the day after our appointment.
     You can do it!
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • I am on the suppositories once daily until 10 weeks. I was told that baby starts making their own progesterone at 9 weeks, so that makes me feel better about stopping.
  • I'm on PIO til 1/14, then suppositories from 1/14 to 1/28 (10 wks). I think I'd rather stay on the PIO- I'll take the lumpy, bruised butt over that stuff seeping out! I'm also scared as hell to stop-- you're not alone!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm on the pill form because my level was low early on. I saw my doctor yesterday and he didn't say how long I would have to continue taking them for. I don't like the side effects of them. They make me extremely dizzy and they hurt my stomach. I will do what I need to do for my little sour patch kid though.
  • My GYN and OB both decided it would be a good idea to put me on the Prometrium capsules with this pregnancy after suffering a loss last year. I take one 200mg capsule twice a day (one morning, one night). It definitely makes me a little drowsy about an hour and a half after I take them. I drink a HUGE glass of water when taking them and that seems to help alleviate any stomach upset, or so I've found. I'm thinking they'll keep me on them until around 12 weeks. I have my 8 week appointment on Friday and hoping everything turns out well! We saw and heard the heartbeat at 6wks, 2days, ticking away 122BPM!
  • I am taking suppositories 3 times a day because I broke out in excessive hives spreading out from the injection sites on my backside. The supps are so gross and messy and to my understanding it will continue through the first Tri. Anything for my little buddy though. I know how you feel though...I would never forgive myself for a loss caused by stopping too early...I may go a little longer than necessary to ease my own mind...but will definitely talk to my doctor about it.
  • I'm on 200mg vag supp once a day. My prog dropped from 26 to 11 at 6 weeks and was put on then until end of first tri. I'm very very scared of stopping. I had a loss in sept and a preterm membrane rupture at 28 weeks with my son. Both may have been due to progesterone. I may have to go on the P17 shots at 16 weeks to try to prevent preterm labor this time.
    *DS born at 31 weeks due to pPROM- November 2010-our little miracle! 

*TFAS since May 2014 
    *Early miscarriage-Sept 2014

• I do PIO twice a day. I'm ten weeks now and weaning by half. My RE is monitoring how I adjust to being weaned. And for the person who asked, yes PIO makes your pee stink.
  • I'm on the pill twice a day. I was told when I run out of pills that's my last one. Whoch should be right around 13 weeks. But they are having me get my levels checked again this week... week 11, to make sure that things are looking good still.
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• I'm on pill form for the first trimester. Just like I was with my daughter. I hate the side effects though. I get drowsy and then about 4pm every day I get dizzy/lightheaded.
  • Crinone once a day. Was supposed to stop at 10 weeks but I had a few more left so I figure I'll just finish them at 10wk 5d
  • After seeing everyone else's posts, I wish I would have stayed on mine longer. After 3 miscarriages (and the loss of a twin this pregnancy) I would hate to jeopardize anything.
  • 10 weeks. I'm done with the progesterone (crinone). It was definitely irritating, so glad to be done!
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• Yikes I have to get the shots from week 16 to week 36 I sure hope they don't make me sick. My doc says they should help keep the preterm labor away.
  • Has anyone else has rapid weight gain with starting progesterone? I feel like I've eaten less and healthier than normal but have gained 10 lbs since starting it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"