Baby Names

Middle Name Help for Baby Mila

nmrdnmrd member
edited January 2015 in Baby Names
We're pretty set on Mila for a first name but are still waffling on a middle name. What do you think? Faves? Pros/Cons? Other suggestions?

Some DH likes and I don't, but I'll try to present them impartially! Notes included on names with particular connections.

Thanks in advance! I'm a frequent lurker, infrequent commenter, but have found this board really helpful. Baby is due in 2 weeks.

Middle Name Help for Baby Mila 120 votes

Mila Charlotte (after family member Charles and 2 family members w/ same initials)
40% 48 votes
Mila Rosemary (after fam members Mary, Marlene, and Roxanne--does this even work?)
12% 15 votes
Mila Violet
10% 13 votes
Mila Sophia
4% 5 votes
Mila Simone
28% 34 votes
None of the above (suggestions below)
4% 5 votes

Re: Middle Name Help for Baby Mila

• Mila Simone is lovely! 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Mila Simone flows best

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for all the feedback so far! DH really likes Simone. My hesitation is that I work in feminist philosophy and people may think we named her after Simone de Beauvoir. That is also my main association with the name and while I like Beauvoir, she was dismissed from her job at one point after complaints of sexual harassment from some of her female students. So I have a slightly negative association with the name I guess. Would this deter others? Otherwise, it's a pretty name.
  • nmrd said:
    Thanks for all the feedback so far! DH really likes Simone. My hesitation is that I work in feminist philosophy and people may think we named her after Simone de Beauvoir. That is also my main association with the name and while I like Beauvoir, she was dismissed from her job at one point after complaints of sexual harassment from some of her female students. So I have a slightly negative association with the name I guess. Would this deter others? Otherwise, it's a pretty name.
    Honestly, I don't think this will register with most people at all. As for your circle, just clarify if someone asks... and if no one does then don't mention it or draw attention to it. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Its a middle name, not the first name  I don't think most people know most other peoples middle name.  It might come up right when you announce, but beyond that, I bet even my best friend doesn't know my middle name.  I don't know hers and we have been friends since 1993.
    This is true. Still probably going to overthink it though, ha.
  • I like Mila Rose.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I like Simone a lot, sounds best with Mila
  • I love Mila Charlotte, Mila Rosemary and Mila Simone
  • Mila Simone flows the best for me. The names are all lovely but just don't flow as nicely.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love that Mila Charlotte has significance for you. I think Charlotte also balances Mila nicely and flows well.

Simone also flows well, but if it has negative associations for you I wouldn't do it.
  • Thanks for all of the helpful feedback, everyone!
  • I like mila Charlotte the best but none really speak to me so I'll suggest:

Mila Juliet
    Mila Katherine
    Mila Noelle
  • All are good options! I like the flow of Mila Simone and the familial connection of Mila Charlotte. 
  • Mila Simone was my choice because Mila Sophia sounds like a cartoon character.
  • I like Mila Simone, but Mila Catherine would be my first pick.
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• Mila Charlotte or Mila Violet.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• nittanyllamanittanyllama member
    edited January 2015
    Mila Simone is fantastic.

I generally think its too tricky to try to honor multiple people with one name (like you asked about Charlotte and Rosemary.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"