7 Weeks Pregnant

I feel terrible

So I am seven weeks pregnant with my first. I am 28 and normally pretty active (ran a marathon in June). Pregnancy is kicking my butt. I can barely keep anything down. I have been throwing up about 4-6 times a day. Nothing tastes good. I am dizzy much of the day. I am totally exhausted I can barely move. Napping does not help I am still so tired. I just want to cry. I did not think pregnancy would be this hard. My first Dr appointment is not until the end of week nine. My husband is trying to be as supportive as possible but he can't do anything to make me feel better. Someone please tell me that it gets better.... because I feel like I can't do this.

Re: I feel terrible

• My symptoms aren't as bad as yours, but I do feel exhausted and light headed. I feel like I "lost" last week because I did... nothing. I sat on the couch for 5 days. I, too, am young and was super active before this pregnancy. People keep telling me it gets better in the second trimester. Just 5 more weeks! Hang tight!
  • The good news is that most people feel much better after their first trimester is done.  In the mean time, there are a lot of medications that can help you feel better as well.  For over the counter relief of nausea a combination of vitamin B6 and Unisom can help.  (WARNING:  Unisom does nothing for helping you feel more alert, but you will definitely be able to sleep!)  Your doctor may also prescribe some anti-nausea/anti-vomitting meds to help you as well.  If you are throwing up 4-6 times a day, odds are you are getting dehydrated.  Make a point to drink as much fluid as possible and let your doctor know if you aren't keeping anything down.  I would also consider moving your first appointment up.  There is definitely help so you can feel better and it is very rare for you to feel this rotten for the entire pregnancy.  It will get better and it is NOT psychosomatic!  :)  
  • Loading the player...
  • I know the feeling. I am 7 weeks 6 days and I have already lost 6 pounds because of my vomiting. Though I am utterly exhausted and uncomfortable. I take these as good signs of a growing baby.

Good luck to you! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • It's getting better for me but one week straight (week 6) I felt MISERABLE! I never vomited (I think it would've been better if I could) because all day and night I was heavily nauseated. It was hard for me to eat. The only thing that helped was Ritz and Saltine crackers. I really hope it gets better for you! <3
  • Same thing with me, though I am also not vomiting but feel constantly nauseas and can barely eat.  I spend nearly every day on the couch, and I typical work out every day.  I am also having a hard time staying asleep and have had two sleepless night.  I need to get rest  but I feel restless all of the time.  Yuck five more weeks cannot come fast enough.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"