What's for breakfast?

How are you feeling emotionally today?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bed Rest Check-In 12/30

• Options
    How far along are you?
    24w3d

What was bad about this past week?
    Being on bed rest is proving very difficult, with a toddler who wants to be held and a DH working full time. Anxiety is getting stronger and I'm finding it more difficult to keep it under control.

What was good about this past week?
    Christmas was nice. My stepmother was obnoxious, as always, but otherwise it was nice to be with family (even though I was laying on the couch). DD1 loved her gifts and was very well behaved, despite later bedtimes and too much chocolate.

What are you watching on Netflix?
    Just finished the 4th season of The Good Wife, so I'm looking for something new! I started Lie To Me, and it isn't bad.

What's for breakfast?
    I had toast, yogurt and coffee. But that's only first breakfast... There will be more.

I was up all night (anxious thoughts) so I am not doing the best. Fear of the unknown always throws me back to painful memories and obsessing over every decision. Being on bed rest gives you so much time to be alone with your thoughts. I am going to dig out the journal I wrote in during my last pregnancy through bed rest, and maybe pick it up again. I stopped writing in it when DD1 was born, so it's about half way full. Could help?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks

What was bad about this past week? I have been fighting with my family because they just don't understand the severity of what is happening. My mom says I should stop worrying she knows everything is going to be fine. My dad tells me it's unhealthy for me to not be doing anything and I should be getting out and getting exercise :s hello that defeats the purpose of bed rest.

What was good about this past week? My husband has been so amazing and has really stepped up to the plate to help me out with the house and our toddler.

What are you watching on Netflix? I feel like I have exhausted every option on Netflix so I just started watching gossip girl. I wish I had the U.S. Version of Netflix it seems so much better than Canada's.

What's for breakfast?
    I'm going to go for my glucose test today just waiting for it to open. When I'm done I'll probably have a muffin and some chocolate milk

Emotionally I feel like a wreck. Most time I am constantly checking for blood like a walking time bomb. I also feel like a bad mom because I'm not doing anything with ds.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AMSharkAMShark member
    edited December 2014
    Happy New Years, ladies.  Thank you for running this check-in, @knjzacher.

How far along are you? 
    23w today (5 days to V day!)

What was bad about this past week?
    I went to bed feeling off on Sunday, and woke up to swollen yuckiness on Monday (aka - I've developed a yeast infection).  I was freaked out at first, b/c of the PPROM, but my OB and MFM aren't too concerned.  I'm on a prescription topical lotion.

What was good about this past week?
    I have not had a noticeable leak since last Monday (that's 1w2d today), and my MFM thinks its possible the ruptured sac may have sealed itself.  So,instead of checking into the hospital for an extended stay on Thursday, my MFM will perform an exam on Friday, and if he can determine that the leak has stopped, I may be able to continue bed rest from home, and start steroids as an outpatient.
    What are you watching on Netflix?
    I haven't gotten around to Netflix yet.  I was lucky enough to be cleared to work from home, so I spend most of the day on my laptop on the couch, and in the evening I watch sports with DH and try to figure out knitting.  (I think I'm getting the hang of knitting. I'm almost ready to move on from my test/practice pieces to my first real project).
    What's for breakfast?
    DH took off today to go to a college basketball game.  (We have season tickets, so he went with a friend, and I watched the game on TV).  Since he was home, he made scrambled eggs and toast with OJ for me.  It was lovely.

I'd say I'm feeling emotionally optimistic.  The lack of leaking is really good, and it has me hopeful that things may turn out a lot closer to normal than I had expected. There is a small part of me that was looking forward to being in the hospital, where help would be only seconds away if needed, but I know that I will be so much more comfortable at home - and the whole reason I'll be allowed to stay here is that things have been stable this week - How could I not be happy at that?

**** ETA - some bad typing :P ****

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AMShark‌ I admire your optimism. You are an inspiration to me. I have been on bed rest off and on, and I may go on long term bed rest soon, and I hope to maintain the outlook you have.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How are you all going? I have my GTT in the morning and to be honest, I'm excited to be leaving the house!

Bed rest isn't going too well... I'm not very good at resting and the nesting bug has bitten! I can't help myself but to try to wash the dishes or vacuum the house... But once I start, then so do the contractions! Today, I got my work laptop sent home as I'm so bored I figure I may as well do something productive.

Hope you're all well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"