Natural Birth

NOT INDUCING :) Update :(

SSCmommaSSCmomma member
edited January 2015 in Natural Birth
My midwife was planing to induce in the next day or so but has decided we can hold off a bit longer.  Now I just have to figure out how to go into labor in the next week!  She won't let me go past 40 weeks (I'm 39 now) but at least I got a 1 week reprieve.  I had a late diagnosis of GD and they are saying the baby is big but my sugar has been under control with diet and a mild med so the nutritionist said she would rather they hold off inducing because having my sugar under control for a longer period of time while baby is still in is actually better for the baby than yanking it out.  The ultrasound I had 3 weeks ago is what started them saying the baby was too big but I have another this one this Thurs and if the growth has slowed then they will hold off on inducing til next week.  FX I can just go into labor before they induce :) They are inducing Sunday night. It was that or a c section on Monday morning. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NOT INDUCING :) Update :(

• I'm just a lurker but I'll chime in here since I'm in a similar boat.  I'm 41+1 and my midwives usually start recommending induction at 42 weeks.  I've already decided that unless the NSTs or fluid checks show something is amiss (or something else pops up), I won't be consenting to induction until later in my 42nd week.  I'm comfortable with my decision, especially since my mom carried all 4 of us to 42-44 weeks gestation and we were all born big and healthy, but it definitely is a bit of a stress having to worry about it!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Awesome!  Thanks for the update!  Have you considered acupuncture?  I think it helped me with my first.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was thinking about some kind of massage/accupuncture thing. I think my midwife has someone she recommends so I'll check with her in the morning. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SSCmomma said:
    I was thinking about some kind of massage/accupuncture thing. I think my midwife has someone she recommends so I'll check with her in the morning. :)
    You might call your insurance, I was surprised to learn mine covered 90%!
  • I'm 41 weeks tomorrow and have tried literally everything I could to get myself into labor. Nothing has worked. Unfortunately baby will come when it's ready or when your doctors and you decide to go for the induction.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mc0113 said:

I'm 41 weeks tomorrow and have tried literally everything I could to get myself into labor. Nothing has worked. Unfortunately baby will come when it's ready or when your doctors and you decide to go for the induction.

I would love to wait but its the midwife that won't let me go past 40 weeks. She is the one telling me to use all kinds of homeopathic remedies so they won't need to induce. I will do anything to avoid induction.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"