Baby Names

Would appreciate feedback on our favorite baby names!

We don't know the sex yet, but I just love thinking of and discussing baby names so of course I've been working on them since I got my BFP! 

My husband is a IV, and he said we don't need to name our son after him, but I love family names so I would love to continue the tradition. Would appreciate feedback from complete strangers, just to see if there are any negative connotations that we missed. 

William Lindsey 
-We know Lindsey is mostly used for a girl name, but it's a family name so we'd keep it.

Olivia Wren
-DH's maternal grandfather's first name was Wreno, so Wren is in honor of him. I know Olivia is a top 5 name and all, but I love how it sounds with our last name. 

Re: Would appreciate feedback on our favorite baby names!

• MauiBliss said:
    Yay for Lindsey back on a boy!!!!

I think both names are very good. 
    I didn't even know that Lindsey was traditionally a male name. DH's dad actually goes by it, and it took some getting used to but now it just seems normal! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the boy name better than the girl name, but both are fine choices.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I love Olivia despite popularity. Both of your name choices are lovely.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love both names!!! They're fantastic!!
  • Both great!
  • I'm mostly a lurker, bit I just wanted to give my opinion about naming a child after a father, grandfather, etc.

DH is the III and it's horrible! He constantly battles phone calls, bills, debt collectors, credit reports for his grandfather (even though he's passed away) and father. It was such a pain when we went to look for houses.

He didn't mind it after he got older but as a child he felt like he didn't have his own identity because if it.

Just my two cents worth.
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm mostly a lurker, bit I just wanted to give my opinion about naming a child after a father, grandfather, etc.

DH is the III and it's horrible! He constantly battles phone calls, bills, debt collectors, credit reports for his grandfather (even though he's passed away) and father. It was such a pain when we went to look for houses.

He didn't mind it after he got older but as a child he felt like he didn't have his own identity because if it.

Just my two cents worth.

Thanks for your input! DH is a IV and he rarely has anything like that happen to him. It may help that his dad goes by his middle name Lindsey, and his grandfather goes by Bill. His father will get junk mail once in a while, but everything we get is usually specifically addressed to His Name IV. It is something to think about but it's not a deal breaker at the moment.
  • Lovely choices!
  • ramy3 said:

I think they're both fantastic names. Great choices.

Agreed :)

• I like the boy name better than the girl name, but both are fine choices.

This! I just can't imagine another Olivia at this point. I feel the earth has reached its limit.

I know it's a very popular choice & that used to me cringe for a hot second, but since I only know 1 Olivia in real life, maybe it's not as saturated where I live? It may also be wishful thinking on my part to hope that other parents on 2015 won't name their daughters Olivia due to the current popularity! I can't help loving it though >.<
  • I love them both. Very nice!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• Love William and Wren

Im so so so over Olivia
  • Lindsey is awesome on a boy, and Olivia has always been a favorite of mine.

Also, @akakes1, your siggy gif seriously made me old man laugh.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• William Lindsey just oozes class and sophistication!  LOVE IT!  A president or physician that cures a terrible disease will be named William Lindsey!

I don't really care for Olivia but Wren is also classy!  

You have nice taste in names!

• Love both names. Though with Olivia's popularity maybe consider Wren Olivia?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think they're both lovely.

Interestingly, we're on a IV in our family too. And the moms have always been the ones who wanted to continue the tradition.

• rosainky said:

I'm mostly a lurker, bit I just wanted to give my opinion about naming a child after a father, grandfather, etc.

Just my two cents worth.

Thanks for your input! DH is a IV and he rarely has anything like that happen to him. It may help that his dad goes by his middle name Lindsey, and his grandfather goes by Bill. His father will get junk mail once in a while, but everything we get is usually specifically addressed to His Name IV. It is something to think about but it's not a deal breaker at the moment.
    No problem! I know not everyone has this issue, and obviously DH has this issue because his Grandpa and Dad weren't too savvy with their money/credit. Unfortunately it does happen though and it's no fun to fix.
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wonderful names!! I love Lindsey for a boy mn.
  • like both. good choices
  • Oops updated the wrong thread earlier.

Found out this week we are having a girl... so we'll be going with Olivia Wren for her name.

Thanks for everyone's feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"