1st Trimester

My husband is kissing me too much!!!!

Every woman loves her man's affection and attention. I love it and truly appreciate my husband.... BUT

Since I have been pregnant (7 weeks) my sexual desire is like GONE. I get irritated with too many kisses, I don't have the desire for intimacy and sex, sometimes I can make myself get in the mood but it just doesn't feel the same as being genuinely turned on. I know my husband is a man and he has needs, so I feel bad when I don't want to. Even when I try to explain, I don't think he fully gets it!!

Anyone else experiencing burnt out sexual desire? Is it normal during pregnancy? If so, why? Help! :(

Re: My husband is kissing me too much!!!!

• Some people experience a decreased sex drive during pregnancy. 

Me on the other hand.... Sex has never felt so good. DH & I are loving it! 
    Sept. 15 January Siggy Challenge ~ Happy Dance
    TTC #1 10/14 ~ BFP 12/20/14 ~ EDD 09/03/2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I lost any desire for sex around 7 weeks and it didn't come back until about 3 months PP. Everyone is different though. For some people the desire comes roaring back in 2nd tri, some never lose their drive in the first place and others and others feel a more intense drive than pre pregnancy.

Hopefully you can find a balance that makes you both happy but remember it's only temporary.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My H is a pretty physical guy anyway, but right now I have no desire for sex. Or kisses. Or cuddles. And I have super smell so I can smell absolutely anything he eats on his breath. Ugh. I do try to be as physically affectionate as I can, and I'm constantly verbally affectionate with him even if I can't stand to be touched.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is a difficult transitional time. Try to be patient, and know that it changes. Try to maintain open communication with your DH and keep cuddling! HUGS!

~Ducktapetherapy77

• I'm sorry and I know how you feel! Maybe you will get lucky and he will come down with a cold and avoid you.  J/K (not really) Maybe you should just talk to him.  Blame it on the hormones and tiredness.
  • sister13 said:

Some people experience a decreased sex drive during pregnancy. 

I don't even go here, but your response is not helpful and kind of shitty to the OP.  

"Hey, you're having a problem? Well, I'm not - WOO HOO!!!"

I realize it could have came off the wrong way, but it wasn't meant to harm. I said sometimes sex drives decrease; however, mine increased. I'm not sure how that's harmful.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • sister13 said:

I don't even go here, but your response is not helpful and kind of shitty to the OP.  

I realize it could have came off the wrong way, but it wasn't meant to harm. I said sometimes sex drives decrease; however, mine increased. I'm not sure how that's harmful.

Honestly, you didn't need to mention your situation at all. OP wasn't really asking for it, it wasn't particularly helpful, and to me it came off as humble-bragging (helpful-bragging?) I'm sure you meant well but you could have worded it a lot better.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• Some people experience a decreased sex drive during pregnancy. 

I didn't say harmful, I said shitty. 

How would you respond to a post where someone has lost their job and struggling to make ends meet?  "Well, sometimes people do lose their jobs, but I just got a raise and a promotion, I have never had so much money and I am loving it!"  This is not different, just think about it before you respond. 

I don't have any personal advice to offer OP, but it sounds like the other ladies have had some good suggestions.

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• sister13 said:

sister13 said:

I didn't say harmful, I said shitty. 

How would you respond to a post where someone has lost their job and struggling to make ends meet?  "Well, sometimes people do lose their jobs, but I just got a raise and a promotion, I have never had so much money and I am loving it!"  This is not different, just think about it before you respond. 

I don't have any personal advice to offer OP, but it sounds like the other ladies have had some good suggestions.

Relax. Let it go.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't go here either but.... I went through the SAME thing during during my first trimester. I never wanted to have sex, most of the time I just wanted to punch my DH in the face (you know, hormones). 

Anyways, once I stopped feeling shitty all the time and contemplating leaving my DH for stupid reasons... things started to change. I'm half way through the second trimester and I can't get enough of him. I don't know why it happens, but I do think it's completely normal. Growing a human is really hard work and your mind and body are going through so many changes. 

Try not to worry about it too much, you'll be feeling like your old self in no time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No Desire for sexy-time what so ever right now~ just keep being honest and open with your husband.  It can be perfectly normal for some.  It's really unusual for me, the past 3 pregnancies super charged my sex drive, so I am a little more than disappointed this time.  Hopefully it will pass ;-)
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• jessandandy09jessandandy09 member
    edited January 2015
    sister13 said:

Calm your tits pal.  Just because this person is having a different experience than the OP, it doesn't make her comment shitty.  I read it as she was offering the other end of the spectrum.  
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• My thing is that DH kisses my cheeks nonstop and my skin is super sensitive so each kiss grates on my nerves :( I've kinda told him this, since I don't want to hurt his feelings, but yeah. Sex drive is negative right now. Hope we all get it back soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
     DD #1 born 8/3/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"