January 2014 Moms

Thank You cards

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited January 2015 in January 2014 Moms
Are typed up thank you cards made by a company thoughtless? (Think Shutterfly, Tiny Prints, Vistaprint, Walgreens, etc with baby's pic and a general thank you note.)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Thank You cards 57 votes

Yes. I prefer handwritten notes.
45% 26 votes
No. I love baby pictures and I couldn't care less if there's anything handwritten on it.
45% 26 votes
SS
8% 5 votes

Re: Thank You cards

• I like the printed ones but I with a personal note written on the back. So a combo I guess you'd say. I hate getting a picture/printed card with nothing written on it.
  • For children's gifts (like a bday gift) I'd rather get a picture of them wearing the outfit or playing with the toy texted to me than a generic card. For wedding/baby shower type gifts I think a handwritten note is much more appropriate. I received a generic card from a wedding that I traveled to and took a gift, and they didn't bother to write anything. I thought that was kind of tacky.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I also vote for picture thank you card with short note on the back. It's just too impersonal otherwise.

I hate sending thank yous and only send them because I feel I have to. I also know what I do with any thank you cards I receive (after a quick read put them on the fridge until there is too much junk on there and then throw it out) so I don't stress to much about writing a long card.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"