January 2014 Moms

Our baby is turning one! if you are using formula, are you going to continue?

JJMammaJJMamma member
edited January 2015 in January 2014 Moms
my situation is this- I was originally planning on starting him on regular milk after his birthday. However, we are planning on traveling soon for a few days after his birthday. We then realized that we can't travel with regular milk bottles and coolers. It will go bad and its way too much to take with us for 4 days. I am thinking of maybe trying the toddler similac that says its for 12M-24M. My fear and especially my husband's is that if he starts something new while traveling, there is a small chance his stomach may not take it so well. We don't want to risk it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Our baby is turning one! if you are using formula, are you going to continue? 46 votes

continue the same similac birth-12 months
39% 18 votes
Start giving the next step similac of 12-24 months
4% 2 votes
Regular milk
39% 18 votes
Still BF past one
17% 8 votes
None of the above just food
0% 0 votes

Re: Our baby is turning one! if you are using formula, are you going to continue?

• I wouldn't start something new on a trip. With DS, we switched to toddler formula at around his first birthday, but I think the one we tried was from 9 months - 24 months. We weaned him off from formula at around 18 months.

DD has been drinking small amounts of cow's milk with her meals in her straw cup, so I think we will start mixing cow's milk with formula soon. Honestly I'm in no hurry to wean her off from formula completely. It's got nutrients cow's milk doesn't have, and she's down to 2-3 6 oz bottles a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • There is nothing magical that suddenly happens with your baby's digestion when your baby turns exactly one-year old.  It is used as a benchmark for most things because that is usually around the time babies should be ready to handle some new digestive needs.  Just keep going with what you are doing and then start introducing the switch afterwards.  Also keep in mind that even though you are planning to switch, your baby may not like to drink WCM without mixing with formula to get him adjusted.
    imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

• Thanks ladies. Will stick to the formula til after the trip! ☺️
  • Hi sorry, I was using my phone and didn't realize I had it under a different screen name. Nice to meet you too! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"