Baby Showers

Timing Debate

My mother is planning my shower with some input from my MIL and myself as far as the guest list...date and timing goes. However, the location for the shower is an hour away from my parents therefore they want to have it from 3 to 7 so they have enough time to get to the location and set everything up. However, my MIL thinks having it from 2 to 6 is better and obviously I am fine with either time since my Mom is the one planning it. I just don't know how to go about explaining to my MIL that my parents need the extra hour in order to pick up my grandmother and get everything in order.

My Mom said she would email my MIL and just nicely explain the situation. My inlaws only live five minutes from where we are having the shower, but this whole thing has me stressed out as I don't want to take sides and just want to do what's best for everyone.

Anyone have opinions on the situation or if I should just stay out of it and let my Mom take the reins on explaining everything to my MIL??

Re: Timing Debate

• You should let your mom handle it and stay out of it. It's only an hour difference so I can imagine it would be too big of a deal if your mom needs it for travel, set up, etc. If your MIL can only attend until 6pm she can leave early. As a PP said, 4 hours is quite lengthy so everything will probably at least be winding down by then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok thanks ladies my Mom wasn't sure how long showers last for and ya if people leave early than its no big deal. I'll mention having it only 3 to 6 to my Mom too.

Ya I don't think it was a matter of my MIL having to leave early but more that she was worried about people leaving early and/or having to feed them and she is giving some money towards the shower so that's why she prob feels like she can have some input too, but my Mom really needs that extra time to get everything done.

I'll just let my Mom talk to her and have them work it out tho and try to stay out of it as much as possible!
  • VORVOR member
    Showers CAN be done in 2 hours but I actually think that's a bit tight. I alott 3 hours but they usually start to wrap up by 2.5 hours. Perhaps if the time frame is 3-6, that will chill MIL out. But again- the less your mom "explains" the better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"