Baby Showers

Invite List?

I'm due in March with my 3rd baby and a few of my close friends want to throw me a shower. I had one with my first (she's almost 6) and didn't have another for my second.

Most of the people that I would invite weren't at my first one b/c we became friends later but there are some that came to the first. Do I invite those people that already came to my first shower? I don't want to be gift grabby at all and I feel bad that they already got us something at the first shower. The only reason that I would is because I moved away 5 mos. ago (I'm going back for the shower) and it would be a great opportunity to see everyone. Also, I don't want to not invite someone and then have them feel slighted b/c they weren't included. Not sure the best way to handle it...
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Invite List?

• VOR said:

If you want to see people when you go home, then plan a GTG that doesn't involve buying you gifts.

I'm not planning anything (they came to me and said they wanted to throw a shower) but I take it that your opinion is I should have said no thank you to the offer.
  • Loading the player...
  • VORVOR member
    If you want to see people when you go home, then plan a GTG that doesn't involve buying you gifts.
    I'm not planning anything (they came to me and said they wanted to throw a shower) but I take it that your opinion is I should have said no thank you to the offer.

I will warn you - on this board, yes that will be the prevailing response. You should have said no. I will say this, though - for a GOOD friend, if invited to a SMALL shower for her, I really wouldn't be bothered by it. I'm not going to judge that. But my emphasis is on SMALL. WHich means no, not inviting eveyrone from your first shower. If you want to see them while you're in town, then find another way to see them.
  • Okay, I appreciate the response.

I'm happy not to invite those that came to the first shower though of course it would be fun to see them. I just really don't want anyone feeling slighted.

Even with the people from the first shower included the list isn't more than 13 people (3 of which are the hostesses) so it will definitely be small.
  • MrsPDXMrsPDX member
    edited January 2015
    I would have to disagree with some of the PP, I would invite them. Since its a small shower, and you are travelling back home for it, and don't see these people often, they may feel like you left them out for some personal reason. Invite everyone on your list, so that you include everyone and if they don't want to come they won't. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"