New York Babies

Midwife/Obgyn near Chappaqua

bellablue14bellablue14 member
edited July 2021 in New York Babies
Hi all,

We're moving to Chappaqua this Summer. I'm in my second trimester (second baby) and need to find a new practice and hospital to deliver at. I don't want to drive to White Plains for every appointment, so I'm looking for something more in our area.

- I am most interested in using a midwife this time around, but a "really nice, good" OBGYN is fine too.
- I will have a doula with me
- I'd like to stay within 15 minutes of Chappaqua if possible

I'd love to hear from anyone that has suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Midwife/Obgyn near Chappaqua

• Just too offer another perspective, I use MKMG, and my OBGYN - Dr. Berck - was VERY good.  I agree that they do push epidurals, but I also found that they will completely respect your decision if you decide you do not want one. I do not have anything to say either way about their c-section rate because I have no experience with that.

Definitely research and decide what is best for you, but I wouldn't rule MKMG/NWHC out completely because they have some of the top doctors working there (and IMHO you could do a lot worse).  
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• I am delivering at NWH. The csection rate is high there because so many high risk pregnancies and older moms (both more likely to have sections) use that hospital. They also have a level III NICU unlike most hospitals in the area, which also attracts high risk pregnancies. Look behind statistics, there is usually a logical explanation...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"