Working Moms

freaky kid stuff

DD (3 years old) woke up in the middle of the night last night, and I heard her talking on the baby monitor.  At first, I couldn't understand her, then she starts saying, "who are you?" "you shouldn't be here."  "what are you doing in my room?" 

It scared the crap out of me.  I was laying in my bed going, "please no one answer back, please no one answer back."  I got up the nerve to go in there, totally prepared to tell someone that they could have my wedding ring and the keys to my car, but need to get out of my child's room, and obviously, there was no one there.  She was just talking to her elmo doll on her bed. 

Do any other kids do freaky stuff like this?  I hope we don't have a ghost in our house.

Re: freaky kid stuff

• We haven't had that happen, but we've had toys start singing in the middle of the night, and that freaks me out for sure when it comes over the monitor.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD1 used to refer to someone named "Bobby" all the time. This LO just laughs and smiles and stares into some random spot in the dark sometimes when I'm rocking her to sleep. Sometimes waves. CREEPS.me.out. Ick.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have a pretty weird story from when my daughter was about a year and a half. I was rocking her in the dark in the living room and she kept sitting up bobbing her head and then leaning it forward like she was playing with someone and would laugh. After a couple of times of doing that, she would then wriggle down and run off. I found her in the master closet. She did it twice. House was pitch black and she had to run down a hallway into our room and through the bathroom to get to the closet. When I found her (because I didn't follow her the first time figuring she would come back) she was just standing in the closet. Not really sure what was going on but it was creepy.
  • DH picked up DS1 from his crib a couple of months ago and DS1 was looking at the corner, saying no and swatting at something. There was nothing there. DH thought it was super creepy. 

And a few years ago when I was 12 weeks pregnant with DS1 and alone in the house (DH was on a business trip), our dog started barking at a corner of our master bedroom (she never barks unless there's a legitimate reason) and when I tried to get her to leave the room, she acted as if something was blocking her way. I freaked and left the room. Brought her back in there 30 minutes later and she did the exact same thing. I slept in the guest room that night. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS has had several full on tantrums at bed time.  "Tell them to leave, Mommy!  Get them out, I don't want them in here!  They don't listen...make them leave!"  He also used to wake up in the middle of the night demanding that I make "them" "leave".  I am somewhat afraid of the dark, and this does not help, at all.  DS will not sleep in our room, so the only thing I can do is walk him around the house until he calms down.  With every light on.  When we return to his room and turn out the lights he sometimes screams "they are still here, no mommy no".  He loves bed and sleep so I know it's not a game.  This mostly happens when DH is out of town, of course. 
  • Why did I just read this when it's late at night and I'm home alone w the kids? DH is at work.

My DD hasn't said anything creepy like this, but the other night she told me that she wanted two mommies, which was a little unsettling. I think she said it because she just realized that she had two grandmas.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• I was reading some stupid buzzfeed article about aliens. LO looked at the drawing of one, looked at me and the said "that's you mommy". Wtf?? I don't know if that's creepy or insulting lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"