Mississippi Babies

New to MS

Hey y'all. I'm still pretty new to Mississippi. My husband and I moved here from Missouri. We're moving next week to Hattiesburg from jasper county! And moms in the Hattiesburg area? Also, if you are, are there any good mommy and me classes :)

Re: New to MS

• We're about an hour south of Hattiesburg right on the coast. Not planning on staying long though. We moved from Louisiana and two years in are realizing why Mississippi is 49th or 50th in virtually every comparative category by which states are classified. Louisiana is like civilization compared with a backwards, twilight zone type of dystopian world (Mississippi).

We can't wait until we sell the house and can end the nightmare that has been this wretched state.
  • We're about an hour south of Hattiesburg right on the coast. Not planning on staying long though. We moved from Louisiana and two years in are realizing why Mississippi is 49th or 50th in virtually every comparative category by which states are classified. Louisiana is like civilization compared with a backwards, twilight zone type of dystopian world (Mississippi).

We can't wait until we sell the house and can end the nightmare that has been this wretched state.

Well aren't you quite the little peach. I personally love my state of Mississippi, I'm sorry you find it such "a wretched state". I have no clue what bush you've been hunkered under but, everything you just said about MS is untrue. Thank Goodness you're leaving, my home state will be a much more beautiful place without you or your nastiness in it....
    (USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
     "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

Our TTCAL Blog--Newbies and Lurkers Please Read!

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • Loading the player...
  • I love it here in Mississippi!
  • I'm on the coast and originally from New Orleans and LOVE it here! I'm sorry that you haven't enjoyed your time here, it's a shame. But they say the coast is nothing like anywhere else in MS and there's a big NOLA influence so it wasn't a huge transition for me. Every time we visit NOLA I miss it but on the way home to MS I always say I'm so glad we're going home to Biloxi:)
  • I live in the northern part of MS very close to Memphis and I love it too.  Grant it, that its not chicago where I grew up but I think its a beautiful state and a great place to raise kids. I love it here:-).
  • Have you all found that most of the ladies on here (in the birth month clubs anyway) are from way up North or maybe the West coast?
    I have just never encountered so many rude, foul mouthed, callous, angry, snarky women before.
    Maybe b/c they are digging out of the snow and we just spent this weekend hanging out by the Gulf in 70 degree sunshine, but they are just awful
  • SoontoBaMom83,
    I'm in on coast as well. A military transplant for the next couple of years. While this isn't my favorite place (nothing compares to San Diego) calling in a wretched state is a little over the top. There has to be something you don't 'hate' about this place, right?!?
  • I live in Hattiesburg and am 25 weeks pregnant with my first!
  • I just moved to Biloxi, feel free to inbox me. I need some mommies go hang out with. I'm a ftm and I'm due in September.