March 2015 Moms

What Is On Your Bucket List?

So New Years Eve got me thinking that I would really like to go to New York City once in my life for New Years Eve. Now I know me and I will most likely hate it and will be complaining that I am cold and crowded and tired and just want to go home and watch it on TV lol but non the less I would still like to go at least once! What are some things on your bucket list??
Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms

Re: What Is On Your Bucket List?

• Loading the player...
  • @ajacot924 My Grandma went to Ireland shortly before she died and she said it was one of the best times in her life. She even went by herself because my Grandpa didn't want to go lol she always talked about taking me but sadly died early. She went with a tour group. I hope you can get there someday!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So New Years Eve got me thinking that I would really like to go to New York City once in my life for New Years Eve. Now I know me and I will most likely hate it and will be complaining that I am cold and crowded and tired and just want to go home and watch it on TV lol but non the less I would still like to go at least once! What are some things on your bucket list??

Trust me, you will HATE it!! It's so crowded and everyone's pushing and with the crowd mentality, there is a lot of rudeness. You can't find a drink to save your life because you literally can't even move. This is Times Square I'm referring to, I'm sure there are awesome places to spend New Years in NY, times just isn't one of them. Trust me you'll thank me later;)
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • edited January 2015
    Whitfry said:

I've achieved a lot of the things on my bucket list, but my top goal has always been to do a cage-dive with great white sharks. There aren't a lot of places in the world you can do it, though, so I'm not sure I'll ever get the chance.

Haha! I was coming in to say this exact thing! I'm planning it in Australia, but just had friends that did it in South Africa. Definitely at the top of my list for activities.

Also, making it somewhere ridiculously cold in winter (I hate the cold) ... maybe Lapland? To see the Aurora Boreolis! :)
  • This is going to sound dumb to most, but I want to meet Jeff Gordon (NASCAR driver). I have been obsessed since the 5th grade. I'd totally be that girl hyperventilating and crying like a friggin lunatic. I was going to do his fan meet-and-greet at Pocono, which is a 45 minute drive, but I got pregnant and couldn't justify the $600 expense. My sister and BIL were even willing to help me pay, as a birthday gift.

I'm quite the homebody, so I don't have the urge to travel anywhere beyond a cruise to the Caribbean or to Hawaii.

I'm boring :P
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Sky dive, move to Hawaii, have lots of money for retirement. Travel lots.
  • Yea honestly knowing me I am absolutely going to hate going to NYC for NYE seriously. I have anxiety and get really shaky in big crowds so I think that would be the biggest thing for me. But it is just something that I have always wanted to do since I was little so I will eventually. The other problem is that my SO pees more than a damn pregnant woman lol and absolutely refuses to hold it. He is so effing weird. Like if he has to go, he has to go NOW!! Seriously we get into more fights about him peeing than anything else lol So I don't quite know how we would handle that situation either lol I guess we would just have to find a place around the outside where we would have access to a bathroom. I mean even getting a bad spot still counts right? I have always wondered how those people did it. They get there like 12 hours early to get a good spot and then get stuck on the inside which is where the best spots are and I doubt it is easy for them to get out to go to the bathroom and then back in again, I can only imagine angry people not letting them back in. And the thought of seeing someone pee in a bottle or somethin disturbs me a little lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Whitfry said:

I've achieved a lot of the things on my bucket list, but my top goal has always been to do a cage-dive with great white sharks. There aren't a lot of places in the world you can do it, though, so I'm not sure I'll ever get the chance.

I've always wanted to do this, too!
  • I'd like to visit Glacier NP before the glaciers disappear and Alaska. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My bucket list is all travel. And where I want to go changes weekly. US: Alaska, Hawaii, Lake Powell (UT / AZ), St. John, major national parks. International: Japan, India - major sites plus Taj safari, Spain, more Scotland (have seen a little & loved it), more Croatia (same deal as Scotland).

I want to split my retirement between Massachusetts or Maine in the summer and New Orleans in the winter.

Things I've accomplished: found a husband, bought a house, (have almost) become a mother, seen enough of Ireland and London to be satisfied, gone to Mardi Gras & Jazz Fest in New Orleans, Oktoberfest in Munich.
  • This is cliche, but my main goal is to get my sons rare terminal disease known in the medical community and to give kids like him a better quality of life.

I also want to go to Phucket Thailand. Because, "where are going?" "Phucket,"

For the sake of furthering your goal and also because I care, do you mind if I ask what disease your son has?
  • My bucket list is ever changing. As soon as I cross off an item, I add another one. It keeps things interesting that way.

@Whitfry‌ and @Bluebell0315‌ have either of you heard of the live aboard scuba trips? There's one in the Bahamas that has a cool shark dive (not great whites) that is on my to do list. I just need to get DH scuba certified... And find time to go.

Here's the link for one I've been eyeing if you haven't heard about what they are: https://www.blackbeard-cruises.com

I have begged DH to try scuba with me, but he's a wuss. That sounds awesome!
  • @lawsonellis‌ Japan is awesome! Super friendly people, clean everything, and very safe. You will definitely enjoy the culture and the food. I recommend doing a tour, ten days at the least. The more time you have to wander and explore, the better. Hope you make it there someday!
  • edited January 2015
    I'm going to add to mine, since I've remembered a lot of them, now!

- Galapagos islands
    - See the Nazca lines by air
    - African safari
    - Painted mountains in China
    - sunflowers in Tuscany
    - Cherry Blossom Festival in Japan
    - Lantern festival in Thailand

I know there are many more, but these are the top (after the ones previously mentioned)
  • ajacot924 said:

I want to go to Ireland.

I grew up there so if you ever need any tour guide type advice I'd be happy to help
  • I want to travel to Europe

Own my own business (currently going to school for this so in the process)

I want to create some kind of better awareness program for domestic violence. I want to change the way people view and react to it. I was in a really bad domestic violence relationship. when people hear about it they often view the victim as if it's their fault they stayed so long, or like it's not really that bad. I also want to create a program for women in DV relationships to give them help in getting out and getting back on their feet. It would mean a lot to me to help someone going through what I went through because I didn't have anyone to turn to then.

Wow! There are some really amazing bucket list wishes on here but this one is so inspirational. I really hope you do it!
  • Whitfry said:

FLFishOutOfWater

I've done a lot of shark dives, and dove a lot of locations. We did the blue hole in Belize, and when I was a teenager we lived on an island in the Mariana chain and spent the entire summer diving. (Dad was working on an underwater archaeology dig). So I don't have a lot of scuba goals left to accomplish... just the great white one. I do love shark dives, though. The nurse and reef sharks are so cute! 
    @Whitfry‌ Your parents sound so cool.
  • I am a New Yorker, and you will never catch me in times sq on NYE! We actually used to live not too far from times sq, and we always hosted NYE parties. It was really fun to be sort of close to the action, but nice and warm watching the ball drop on TV.

My bucket list is lots of travel, and really about making/keeping traditions for our family.

Definitely want to go to Ireland. And other countries, but I really want to see the beauty in the US. I've always wanted to go to Colorado and Utah. We've always wanted to do a Napa trip too. I'm not too into wine, but my H is. But I'm sure it would be an amazing trip.

I can't really think of much else right now, but you ladies have me thinking. Time to start another list ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I guess a lot of mine are sports related. 

-Go to a superbowl.
    -Go to a world cup game in a faraway country. (I wouldn't count it if the world cup was in the US)
    -Skydive
    -White water rafting in Costa Rica or some place outside of US.
    -Skiing in Norway or Sweden.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Lbeez13 The superbowl was an absolutely an amazing experience. I grew up in Tampa and have been to one and tailgated one. There is nothing like it. My boyfriend I had growing up, his dad did the computer work for Raymond James Stadium so we got pretty inexpensive tickets. I was also able to go to 1 world series game at Tropicana Field which is awesome too, not as intense as the superbowl but still fun! I hope you get to go! 

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"