October 2013 Moms
Options

Grilled Cheese

Totally random but I keep seeing all these weird combanations people do with a grilled cheese. So it got me wondering, do any of you eat weird things on a grilled cheese? And by that I mean something other than the toasted bread and cheese.

Re: Grilled Cheese

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    edited December 2014
    i love fancy grilled cheese...i can't eat cow's milk, so i typically do goats cheese, some deli meat, and arugula. sometimes i add a tomato to make my husband eat more veggies.

edit: this is paired with tomato soup, of course.

• Options
    I love adding a tomato.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a fancy grilled cheese sandwich once that was made with bree and fruit compote. It was amazing. We tried to replicate it at home but it was just not the same.

Now I'm jonesing for a grilled cheese. =P~
  • Options
    I'm simple and I don't get fancy. Just a plain grilled cheese or one with bacon. Mmm I love bacon on a grilled cheese.
  • Options
    Usually we just have "regular" grilled cheese but if I feel like doing more work (lol) then we have them with bacon and tomatoes.

imageimage    

• Options
    @missgpsu‌ a donut as bread? Sounds amazing!!!
  • Options
    Have you tried mayonnaise instead of butter on the outside? Do etttttttttttttttttt.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    I put yellow mustard on the inside of each slice of bread. It is sooooo delicious and the only way I like mustard. I do that with just cheese, or turkey tomato and cheese. Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato is amazing as well!
  • Options
    missgpsu said:

We have a restaurant near us called Tom and Chee and they have grilled cheese sandwiches with glazed donuts instead of bread.  I also like a buffalo chicken grilled cheese there with blue cheese, cheddar, chicken, and hot sauce.

Droooooool. that sounds amazing
  • Options
    missgpsu said:

@mancila60 They were on Shark Tank so it is a franchise.  We just had one open a few months ago here though so watch for them

I saw that episode! It looked yummy!!
  • Options
    Just regular grilled cheese or with Ham, which I guess is really hot ham and cheese. Nothin fancy here. Boring.
  • Options
    pickles!   they are awesome on grilled cheese. 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @missgpsu‌ Interesting. I guess I will have to give it a try!
  • Options

The Yard House and Aquataine (I'm guessing those are nationwide and not just local to the Boston area) both have delicious "fancy" grilled cheese.  I want grilled cheese now.

At home, I do plain old grilled cheese...so anytime I have an opportunity to order a fancy grilled cheese when we're out, I do. DH thinks I'm crazy.

• Options
    My husband makes one with cream cheese, cheddar and bacon. This is when I do choose a lifetime on the hips! It's delicious...even without bacon!!
  • Options
    Ycu2013 said:

My husband makes one with cream cheese, cheddar and bacon. This is when I do choose a lifetime on the hips! It's delicious...even without bacon!!

Holy crap, that sounds amazing. I need to try this stat.
  • Options
    I have put in tomatoes before and meat whether it be a hamburger and onions ( a patty melt) or lunch meat. I also do grilled cheese with a fried egg....so yummy!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    I just use fancy cheese - sharp cheddar, Havarti.  I should try onion, tomato, and bacon on it.  And always with tomato soup too.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"