SkeemerSkeemer member
edited January 2015 in July 2014 Moms

Cheesey enough for ya? CONFESS!

FFFC.jpg 293.9K

Re: 01/02 1st FFFC of 2015

• Options
    It was worth it, @Skeemer  ;)

Confession:  

I side eye the hell out of people who refer to their baby as an "asshole" or a "dick".  Um....what?!  

That's not cute.

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was worth it, @Skeemer  ;)

Confession:  

I side eye the hell out of people who refer to their baby as an "asshole" or a "dick".  Um....what?!  

That's not cute.

On one hand...no it wasn't. Because the stupid white font didn't turn out clearly. On the other hand...I have hopes that all of your confessions will be so riveting that I will forget how the white font pretty much ruined my day. Since DD is happily cooing right now I guess I didn't scar her for life. :D

How exactly is a baby an A-hole anyway? What qualifies that? The colic, the teething, the pooping...? *sigh* Sometimes I don't like people at all.

• Options
    DD went down last night at 9 pm with no wake ups before we went to bed at 11:30 pm (a few baby babbles but no fussing/crying). She slept until 8 am this morning. I tried giving her back her paci and turned on the sleep noise machine to see if she'd sleep just a little longer. No such luck.
  • Options

Luckily this time around I have not had to supplement and have had a good supply. However I still indulge a huge bakery style oatmeal raisin cookie every week with the excuse that the oatmeal will help with my milk supply. I love oatmeal rasin cookies but I tell myself I have to do this for DS2 :)

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    I love Christmas and all, but I'm ready to have my house back to normal. I wish that damn elf on a shelf could magically put all of my decorations away!
  • Options
    @mcvgal  I say oatmeal cookies are pretty much health food!  :)

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    Just saw a commercial for something to help you make Ramen in the microwave more easily. Besides not understanding why you would need something like that, it made me realize I have never eaten Ramen in my life.
    RE Babies as assholes. Babies aren't, but toddlers can be.
  • Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • Options
    TKT17 said:

I've wanted one of those damn Baby Bullet things since I got pregnant. DH said no because we already have a Ninja blender and a food processor - so it's totally unnecessary. I casually mentioned it to my mom figuring she'd get it for Christmas. And she did.

Here's the FFFC part: it's dumb. Our blender works way better but I can't admit that. So I either use it and pretend it's great or use the blender and lie.

Ha! I didn't even want one because I have a rice cooker (which can steam veggies), a nice food processor, and a blender. BUT my mom bought the baby bullet anyway! I haven't unpacked it yet, so I'm going to be frustrated if it doesn't work as well as the appliances I already owned!
  • Options
    I love when DS falls asleep on me.  It is the cutest, but really I love it because I can clean the crud out of his neck and out from behind his ears.  Maybe I need to bathe him more often?

Yes to the oatmeal cookies - you can tell me that they aren't doing anything for my milk supply, but I will not listen!

I have used this article as an excuse to imbibe more over the holidays (I mean not that much more - but two glasses of wine each on Christmas Eve, Christmas night, and New Years Eve without worrying about DS's nursing schedule). 

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • Options
    The baby watches so much TV because I have it on for DS1 often and he's like glued to it. I figure once he can sit up and play or move around he will be less interested in the screen but when all you do is lay around like a bump
    on a log I guess there's not much else that's entertaining.
  • Options
    @LeaLupins my baby watches so much TV and I feel bad about it.  But it just kind of tends to happen because we have TVs all over the house and they're almost always on!  LO really, really liked football season.  I guess at least we were watching it together...

FFFC:  Teaching LO about solid foods seems hard.  Mainly because during the week, by the time he gets home at night with me, he's only interested in nursing, then going to sleep.  Tried to give him rice cereal with a feeding the other day, but he was super fussy then.  It bums me out that I don't know how to make this happen.  Maybe I'm just being too hard on myself.  He liked the 2 tiny pieces of banana he had yesterday in the Kidsme food feeder, at least.  I guess that's something.

• Options
    ADC1979 said:
    @LeaLupins my baby watches so much TV and I feel bad about it.  But it just kind of tends to happen because we have TVs all over the house and they're almost always on!  LO really, really liked football season.  I guess at least we were watching it together...

FFFC:  Teaching LO about solid foods seems hard.  Mainly because during the week, by the time he gets home at night with me, he's only interested in nursing, then going to sleep.  Tried to give him rice cereal with a feeding the other day, but he was super fussy then.  It bums me out that I don't know how to make this happen.  Maybe I'm just being too hard on myself.  He liked the 2 tiny pieces of banana he had yesterday in the Kidsme food feeder, at least.  I guess that's something.

Solids is hard for me, too. There isn't much time when I get home from work so when I try to fit everything in that needs to be done for DD, and now adding an extra step with solids, there isn't time for anything else!
  • Options
    ADC1979 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it at this age. Mine's only a few days younger than yours and I SAH and he's still not too interested. He liked banana but the oatmeal, avocado, and sweet potato he just kind of played with in his mouth and didn't really swallow it. For now I'd just offer it when you have the time, on the weekends or whatever. In another month or so he might not be so fussy in the evenings and have more patience for it. Just think that it's only for practice at this age and don't stress if you don't have a solids schedule at this point.
  • Options
    My kid got spit-up on the back of her head today and I'm not sure at all how it got there.
    DD's head is always so gross from her laying down & spitting up. I think it travels down her neck & that's why when I lift one of her nine chins it's always nasty under there too.

• Options
    Propping the bottle saves my life. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I love Christmas and all, but I'm ready to have my house back to normal. I wish that damn elf on a shelf could magically put all of my decorations away!
    My house was 100% back to normal by noon on the 26th. #overit. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options

My house was 100% back to normal by noon on the 26th. #overit. 

Mine is 95% back to normal right now. As soon as DH shoves the small fake tree into its box and carries it downstairs, we'll be done. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"