March 2015 Moms
Options

Old Baby Stuff

what does everyone do with their old baby gear that they dont want for baby #2? I have a new carseat and want new bedding, etc. but I still have all of dd1's stuff.

Re: Old Baby Stuff

• Options
    I agree with @WAMOM.  You can attempt to sell the items via craigslist, ebay or somewhere similar.  You can also donate the items to goodwill, catholic charities, sometimes women's shelters can use baby items or ask if anyone needs or wants the items on Facebook if you have a profile, your friends might not need them, but know someone who does.

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you referring to old car seats that are expired?
  • Options
    We donate stuff we don't need Nymore. I donated everything like clothes and toys a few months before getting pregnant. Surprise...
  • Options
    I pass everything on to friends that need it or want it. The only stuff I really hang on to are Christmas/Easter outfits and Halloween costumes for some reason.
  • Options
    We recently went through all of SS old clothes and stuff (because my H is awesome and saved it all for the past 8 years :smile: )
    I will be getting some new stuff but we will donate the rest of the old stuff that we don't want.

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Options
    etherhay said:

allachkat said:

Are you referring to old car seats that are expired?

On this note I will say Babies R Us occasionally has a trade in event where they accept old/damaged/ unwanted strollers, car seats, cribs, Etc and then give you a percentage off coupon toward a new item of your choice (like a new car seat, crib, etc- there are limits & exclusions). Worth looking into if this is the case for you.

Otherwise, I second selling on Criagslist or donating.

Thank you. This was the type of helpful (non-middle school) response I was looking for. I live in a very small town and dont have a lot of options for donating and I didn't want to just toss it.
  • Options
    Again, thank you to everyone who gave legitimate responses.
  • Options
    I was looking for resources like Babies r us trade in event.

• Options
    Really
  • Options
    WhitfryWhitfry member
    edited January 2015
    etoille said:

I was looking for resources like Babies r us trade in event.

So here's a thought.  

1)  If you are looking for a specific type of answer, SPECIFY THAT SHIT IN THE QUESTION INSTEAD OF MAKING IT A FUCKING MINDREADING GAME.

or

2)  If you know the fucking answer already, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION.  Especially if you 'live in a small town' where options are limited.

---quote fail---
    That would require LOOKING WITH HER EYES! Your expectations are too high, no wonder nobody likes you.
  • Options
    My brand!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"