August 2014 Moms
Options

Putting Away Christmas

When does everyone put away all the decorations and take down the tree?

Re: Putting Away Christmas

• Options
    We have taken down our indoor tree and most decorations. Still have to put away the Nativity. We took down outside wreaths and house lights. We have a 12 ft outdoor tree. That may wait until next weekend when a friend can help DH. It's a little sad, but I am liking getting the house back in order.
  • Options
    We haven't put anything away yet, but I plan to put it all away this weekend.  We just haven't had time.  I'm hoping I get it all done, at the very least the outside decorations (so we aren't *those people* who leave up the lights till may). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took our tree down on the 27 because it was DEAD and a huge fire hazard. Everything else will come down this weekend. :)
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Options
    Mine is going to have to wait until next weekend because I work tomorrow and I'm not going to do it on Sunday since it's my only day off. I loathe putting away Christmas. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    Everything was down on the 27th...felt good!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I took down the tree last night. I didn't put much up in the house because we're not there for Christmas anyway. What I did put up is more snowman-ish stuff that will stay up until the snow stops.

As for the lights on the house, that's DHs job. And if the last three years are any indication, those lights will be up till March or so. Every year I try to prove a point and leave them on so we look like the neighborhood weirdos. But he never cares so I end up caving and unplugging them around mid January.
  • Options
    I took it all down the 27th. I love Christmas and all the decor, but once it's over it's over.
  • Options
    Normally by Epiphany.

This year on the 26th because the movers came the 29th.

• Options
    @BeachM I think it is awesome that you decorated anyway. If I had been moving I think I would have skipped it...which would have been sad.
  • Options

Most of the stuff is already down. We're finishing up this weekend probably. It makes me sad though. We had a lot of people visit for Christmas and it was so much fun. Now it's back to normal and it kind of sucks. Plus, DD will never have a first Christmas again. *sigh*.

• Options
    Yesterday! G'bye! :-)
    Mom to Frances, 6, Adam, 4, and baby Lila.
  • Options
    DH took everything down last night. He dropped the tree and pine needles are everywhere
  • Options
    We took the tree down on the 26th because we were leaving town on the 27th and big trash pickup was Monday. Stockings will probably come down next weekend. Nothing else got put up. :( We were just too busy.
  • Options
    I took mine down earlier this week. I give it a few days then it has to go. Our living room is super small and it just takes too much space up. My mom never takes hers down before the new year because she was always told it's "bad luck".

• Options
    Dec 26th (I would do it the 25th if my husband would let me). I love the holiday but all the stuff gets to me. I have some really anxiety about mess and clutter so it can't hang around. I only put up a tree and stockings though so there isn't much.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Took everything down this week, I go back to work on Monday and don't want to deal with it. I left my snowmen out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Next weekend. We're busy this weekend, but I'm just over the tree and ready for my house back.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Today! I always take everything down just after new years.
  • Options
    I had it all down on the 28th, mostly because we don't have a ton of space in our apartment. Christmas cards we've received will hang on the wall for another couple weeks though

image    image
  • Options

I spent new years eve and new years taking it all down. I love Christmas but I hate the decorating and undecorating. I told DH if we ever have a bunch of money to blow I am going to spend it on someone to do it for us.

• Options
    Tomorrow. And definitely have to get the outside lights down since it's supposed to snow late tomorrow and then the temperature drops off to highs of below zero. :((
  • Options
    Next weekend. After Epiphany.
  • Options
    @BeachM I think it is awesome that you decorated anyway. If I had been moving I think I would have skipped it...which would have been sad.
    We would have skipped it if we didn't have a 4 year old.  The things we do for our kids!

• Options
    I took everything down Christmas Day. By the time we got home from my parents the girls had a ton of stuff. Plus, their main gifts from us were quite bulky. I felt overwhelmed having all the toys and decorations everywhere. Typically, I wait until the weekend after.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"