August 2014 Moms
Options

Bottle warmers

I need a good bottle warmer recommendation. I got the Dr. Browns one and it sucks big time. It heats way too hot per the directions. Even the outside of the bottle is scorching hot. Anyone have one they like that heats breastmilk evenly and safe?

Re: Bottle warmers

• Options
    I use a bowl and heat up water for 2 min in microwave then heat bottle with the hot water, takes like 4 min. It's cheap and I just shake the bottle a few times while its heating and it's pretty evenly warm :)
  • Options
    We have The First Years Babypro and H really likes it. It's also the one our daycare uses and they all said it is a nice one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We hv kozii and we use the time they recommend and it's been perfect every time we also use como romp bottles w kinde breastfeeding bags we hv had no issue
  • Options
    I put a Pyrex measure cup in the microwave and then put the bottle in there. At daycare the ladies have a crockpot.
  • Options
    I run water in my keurig then put the bottle in the coffee mug for a minute or so. Comes out perfect every time even if I get caught up and forget to take it out, it's never overheated!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have the babies r us brand. It overheats ad well so I just don't let it go the whole time.
  • Options
    We use a big coffee mug and microwave the water in it for 1.5 mins. Takes 2 mins to loosen the fatty milk from the sides. We don't warm the entire bottle as LO isn't picky.
  • Options
    We keep a small sized Crockpot on warm. I dip a plastic cup in the warm water and put the bottle down in that in the Crockpot to warm for a few minutes. I got the idea from the daycare, because that's what they do. They sell the small sized Crockpot at Wal-Mart for $10.
  • Options
    I have the dr brown one as well. I've come to heating up BM in the bag, then transferring it to a bottle because if I do it straight in the bottle the outside gets too hot, while the milk itself will still be a bit cool. For me, it was trial an error. I think I do like 1.5 minutes with the bag and then kinda squish the milk around and test it, then transfer to bottle.
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    I have the same Munchkin warmer as @ChrisseB. It took a bit of trial and error to get the bottles just right, but it's not bad for $20 at Walmart.
  • Options
    I also just use hot tap water, then put the bottle in. Sometimes we have to add water a few times, especially if the bm was partially frozen.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have an Avent warmer that I got secondhand from a local mom for free. Before that I was just doing a bowl of warm water

• Options
    We have the Kiinde.  My friend is letting me borrow it until we're done with it.  I really like it.  We use the comotomo bottles, and they take forever to heat if we just try to heat it with a bowl of water or running water.  Even if DH heats the milk in the bag or medela bottles I think he still uses the Kiinde.  If we're just thawing a bag for daycare though, we'll just let it sit in water (or the fridge).

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

• Options
    I second the First Years bottle warmer - it was inexpensive, doesn't take up to much room, and works perfectly for us!
  • Options
    We also use the kiinde. It doesn't use steam so it's supposed to be breastmilk safe- won't kill off the good properties of BM and seems to heat pretty well and even. I bought one off eBay as they are pretty expensive and a friend of mine bought one on Craigslist. Just check to see if it works if buying used- they stop working if used improperly 3 times.
  • Options
    jules1614jules1614 member
    edited January 2015
    From what I read steam heats it too fast which can destroy the properties of BM? I don't use any other parts of the system. I warm up random bottles and bags and have also used it to warm up small tupperware with rice cereal. It does take longer to warm up but not too inconvinient.

https://www.babygearlab.com/Bottle-Warmer-Reviews

ETA: not too fast of heating but too high of temperatures.
  • Options
    Just curious, Can I ask why you hear the bottles?. Have you checked if she will take it cold.
  • Options
    Hmmmm k thanks ladies. Maybe I'll try one more. I'm getting it for my nanny - seems like it'll be easier. My LO just started taking a bottle and likes it on the warm side :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"