February 2015 Moms
Options

Hormonal Melt Downs

Share your hormonal melt down stories! I can't be the only one getting ragey over ridiculous stuff.

My ugly-cry sessions usually start with DH eating my food w/o telling me to buy more. Then I get a craving and go for what I expect to be there, but it's gone. I was looking forward to eating a slice of left-over pizza when I got home from running errands. When I got home, the slice was gone. I cried so hard I was dry heaving. All DH could do was laugh because he knew I was being ridiculous, but he did go pick me up dinner afterwards. :) He has also finished off my Frosted Flakes and left a measly 3 mozzarella sticks in the freezer and 2 bites left of my cookie dough ice cream.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
EDD 2/17/15
DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
EDD 2/18/17
Deja vu??

Re: Hormonal Melt Downs

• Options
    Unfortunately, mine usually involves yelling at my husband for no reason. By the end of the fight, I have no idea why I was mad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get pregnancy rage over things that would normally just mildly irritate me. (Dirty dishes, toothpaste cap being left off, etc) Thankfully I've only had it bubble over 2 or 3 times the whole pregnancy. I hate feeling out of touch with my rational emotions!
    Anniversary 

• Options
    I cried because every single screen in my house was on and every single person except my 21 mo old was playing. No one has a life away from screens apparently. The house was a mess and I wanted Christmas decorations put away. So I went to my room, the only place without a screen, cried, and took a nap. Twice. In one day. During nap #2 the Christmas tree got taken down and put away. Today we finished up. I'm still peeved about all the screen time but at least it hasn't been as overwhelming today. I'm sort of a "flash in the pan" mad kind of girl. I get mad, then get over it pretty quickly. And usually it's over clutter and mess. Just clean up the kitchen, sweep the floor, wash off the table, and I'm fairly satisfied.
  • Options
    SNail312` said:

Oddly enough I've been pretty level headed. DH has been the one with the odd hormonal issues! Like getting really, really hurt over random minor comments, pouting, etc.

Mine too!!! He told me he doesn't want to resent the baby shower? Wtf? You won't even be there... What is there to resent (he thinks there will be drama... I don't know)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've been insanely level headed. But my DH still walks around on tip toes like he's waiting for the ball to drop and me to freak out. It's kind of funny actually.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    racheltherose All of my yes!!! The road rage!!!!

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    Definitely have the road rage. I also broke down crying because my husband said he wasn't getting any sleep (because of my tossing and turning) and might have to sleep in the office because he couldn't function at work with no sleep. I ugly cried and had a meltdown and said you think your the only one not sleeping
  • Options
    I just spent the last hour and a half ugly crying while texting FI about why I was mad from the disheveled guest room/office because I wanted to move around the furniture (it was never really settled when we moved a month ago). He flipped out at me (admittedly) and we both realized the problem was that I wanted it done NOW and after just spending 3 hours at Carter's and Target he didn't want to do it now (apparently boys have limits on "getting ready for baby" chores on their day off)... Of course we are now in that grouchy-are-we-ok?-are-we-not? Phase but only after I just cried and moved the room around my damn self because I'm stubborn as hell.

• Options
    twinklymamatwinklymama member
    edited December 2014
    I had a full-on pregnant girl ugly cry Monday before our maternity photos because I thought my phone calendar lost ALL of my appts through the end of the pregnancy and my notes about my lesser-used passwords. I still don't know what happened, but they are back.

This tantrum had the f word and everything. I was ready to throw the phone. My poor kids were in shock at hearing all of it and it was as my DH was walking in the door from work and he dropped everything in his arms and had to hold me, sobbing. My 10yo brought Kleenex and held them out like she wanted to be helpful, but was afraid I might lose it on her. Poor thing.

I was ready to not go to the photo shoot, but luckily, DH got me laughing and realizing it was silly to skip that because my phone was being stupid.

Eta words
  • Options
    Yassss to all the road rage! Thankfully, I rarely drive anywhere nowadays.

DH does a really good job trying to keep me from getting 'hormonally low' to the point of tears. He works from home too and we spend a lot of time together. But I'll give myself some credit for being fairly level headed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have really bad road rage. But as far as any hormonal breakdowns, I haven't really had one.

Although, when things that would normally make me rage face, I end up laughing like a psychopath. I HATE crying and try to avoid it at all costs. So instead of getting mad, I laugh like a nut job. 

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @erobbins09 I just read your post to MH because this has been us! He laughed and had a moment of solidarity toward your FI. I want the stuff done now to ease my anxiety and he just does not have the same time table as me apparently (even though I have done 99% of everything to prepare). He has gotten better at just smiling and doing it lately as he sees how close we are getting!

I cried today because McDonald's forgot the cheese on my bacon egg and cheese biscuit. Oh that was heartbreaking.
  • Options
    I had a few epic meltdowns first time around. This time I've been pretty good aside from a few angry and yelling moments.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @erobbins09‌ That's exactly how my living room got done! I didn't really ugly cry, but I got pissed and just threw all of his dirty laundry/garbage/dirty dishes in what used to be our office. Now it's his gaming room/junk room apparently. But the living room looks lovely!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't call this a meltdown ... but literally as I was reading the responses, DH told me we are spending NYE at one of his coworkers' houses just making dinner and watching a movie. Most of that (the relaxing part) sounds awesome. If I was to do it in my own home. However the coworkers' gf is like the ice queen. One night all she did was go on and on about how pointless marriage and children are, as I sat next to her, married and pregnant. I just cannot see tonight going well. I'd rather lounge in my pajamas on my couch with my heating pad. Ugh. I just feel myself getting irrationally pissed about this.
  • Options
    Anyone making noise like banging a door has me near tears! I am so sensitive to noise and am locking myself away so I don't flip. Feel so mental!! :(
  • Options
    So much road rage.

One thing in particular I've noticed is I'm extremely sensitive to animal abuse. It tears up my insides. Normally I can block it out, but randomly these things pop up on facebook of pictures of an abused dog and I get so sad I don't even know what to do with myself. I follow the shelter I adopted my cat from and they post pictures of animals that need to be adopted and I get so upset picturing them without a loving home. Especially the ones that have issues.

FI and I watched Blended yesterday and I cried like 5 times. I can't even handle sad moments.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I keep the episode of Parks and Rec where Anne and Chris move on my DVR, and watch it just to get my tears out. Also, I almost threw a table across the restaurant last night because DH used the last of the butter in the bread basket. Like I almost got up and left his ass there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married August 2009

BFP#1 12/19/13 * EDD 8/24/14 * MMC Discovered 2/04/14

BFP#2 5/27/14 * EDD 2/8/15 * Please be our rainbow

• Options
    I for some odd known reason I get irrationally mad at my husband when he burps. It's usually just little ones and he covers his mouth with his fist, but it annoys me to no end!! I feel horrible after yelling at him because I'm burping and farting all day long (and he knows better then to say anything).
    The worst part is I know I'm not going to stop yelling at him because every time it drives me crazy!!!!
  • Options
    I just cried because DH was about to *finally* put up the curtain rods in the nursery, and the drill wasn't charged. "WAAHHHH THE CURTAINS WILL NEVER GET HUNG!"

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I cried yesterday at the end of The Sandlot when Benny The Jet steals home when hes in the majors...wtf! Lol
  • Options

I smugly started this thread proud I haven't had any meltdowns/weird hormonal crap yet.

I woke up around 5am today sobbing/shaking.  Dream was too real- DS was killed and I had to put him in his coffin, dig the hole, bury him, etc. 

DH had no clue what to do with me.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Angeldcf I would say that reaction is totally justified. 

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    I get pregnancy rage over things that are fair to get upset about but I still probably don't handle them like I should. For example, DH thought the sunroom would be a good place to store his motorcycle for the winter. After a long heated argument I walked in the bedroom a few hours later and saw the mop lying on the floor and couldn't figure out why. Then I remembered that I chased him around the house with the mop threatening to smash his bike with it. Hormonal meltdown + pregnancy brain = ultimate Prego episode.
  • Options
    HayleyBug55HayleyBug55 member
    edited January 2015
    I am so glad this thread was made. :) I get irrationally mad at my fiance for being an over the road trucker. I ignored his calls all day yesterday because "he left me all alone pregnant at the house so he can go out and drive a stupid truck to make money". I realized how stupid I was being and finally called back. I'm greatful he's willing to be away from me to make good money for our family. And I know it's hard on him. It just gets frustrating, depressing, and stressful being in college, working, and pregnant and not having him to go home to to cuddle up with and vent about my day or how hard the assignments are with pregnancy brain.
  • Options
    @HayleyBug55 My MIL has told me about how when she was pregnant with my husband she had almost the exact same meltdown as you did. FIL was leaving to go to work and she freaked out about him abandoning her (and he was just working a normal day job, not something that would keep him overnight). You are definitely not alone.
    Roslin Liora -- Due 2/8/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
    image     image     image
  • Options
    You can get a meter over the counter as well as the strip if you want to. Walmart sells the meter fir around 16 dollars and the strip are about 9 dollars for 50 strip. Not sure If this is worth it/a cheaper option
  • Options
    @toadandbug12‌, me too! I had another NST today, had to wait an hour past my appt because they were behind. Then they had to wake him with the buzzer, which really pisses him off. So on the ride home he was moving non stop and I have so little room left it hurts really bad when he moves. Every time he would move I would start crying, thinking I'm so done being pregnant! I want him out! Then that would make me feel terrible thinking that way, knowing he will be my last and I should be enjoying this, so I would cry even more! Poor DH, he had no clue what the hell was wrong with me!
  • Options
    toadandbug12toadandbug12 member
    edited January 2015
    @Smyers2girls Haha, my FI didn't know what to do with me either. I'm all "You don't understand!" and he's all "What can I do?" and I'm like "NOTHING! WAHH!"

I can't wait for this so called "dropping" to happen because I am SO over this rib pain and squished stomach.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

@Smyers2girls Haha, my FI didn't know what to do with me either. I'm all "You don't understand!" and he's all "What can I do?" and I'm like "NOTHING! WAHH!"

I can't wait for this so called "dropping" to happen because I am SO over this rib pain and squished stomach.

Your back will be over baby "dropping" just as quickly. Take it from me, I've been carrying in my freaking knees for the past 2 months. It's great not getting winded so often, but I'd give anything for my back brace to work again and get some lower back relief. It's bittersweet, that's for sure.
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Your back will be over baby "dropping" just as quickly. Take it from me, I've been carrying in my freaking knees for the past 2 months. It's great not getting winded so often, but I'd give anything for my back brace to work again and get some lower back relief. It's bittersweet, that's for sure.
    Very true. I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm sure it's going to suck just as much.

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"