December 2014 Moms

Newborn bedtime?

ColoradoBoatColoradoBoat member
edited January 2015 in December 2014 Moms
Do you try to put LO down at the same time each night? If so, what time? And has LO started to fall asleep on her own at that time? All stories and tips are welcome, thanks!
EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)

Re: Newborn bedtime?

• rshamosrshamos member
    edited January 2015
    We let him sleep in our arms from 8-9 pm. He usually is hungry around 9:30. Then I swaddle him and put him to bed. If he eats well, then he will sleep around 4 hours.

ETA; I'm actually BFing right now. ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • BankerBSN said:

No bedtime but LO loves to be up between 3:30am-6am every.single.night.

3:30-5 at my house!
  • Cadg0986Cadg0986 member
    edited January 2015
    LO is 4 weeks and 3 days and we KINDDD of have a somewhat routine. We got into it very early on (end of 1st week) when we had to introduce formula. Her day is up and down and not really super predictable but the nights are actually decent! She usually goes 3-4 hours at night Inbetween feedings but typically 2-4 hours during the day. So most nights around 730-830 LO eats and then usually dozes off here and there but stays up until she eats between 1030 and 1130. Then after that feeding my DH lets her fall asleep on her own on the bouncer (turned off) then he puts her in the bassinet (because I get to go to bed after her 730-830 feeding). She then sleeps in there until 230-330 and then wakes for a feeding (which I do since DH does the 1030-1130 feeding) and at that point she is usually ready to fall back to sleep after eating but I let her fall asleep on me. Once she's back to sleep, back in the bassinet she goes. After that she wakes up between 530-630 to eat again (which DH and I trade off on) then after that she sleeps usually until only 730-830 and then that's usually the start of the day for us (how much of a day is it for her when she sleeps more than half of it lol). I feel like our whole nighttime routine is going to be helpful once she does sleep fully through the night. I have no idea if she'll ever not want to eat though haha.

Edit: 3am typing sucks haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• Yeah, whenever he wants...
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited January 2015
    We switch rooms from the bassinet in the living room to the cosleeper by our bed around 8-10PM. But that's mostly just for us. Kid has his own time table
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• My LO is just about 6 weeks & has kind of set her own routine. She eats around 10pm usually then I lay her down & she puts herself to sleep, usually sleeps 4-5 hours at that first stretch then she wakes every 3 hours on the dot to eat. I've been trying to go to bed when she does as that's when I get the most sleep.
  • Closest thing to bedtime here is the 10-11 feeding that has LO asleep by 11:30 and then the 2-4am feeding. But that is completely baby led no matter his the last time her was feed.

Test
  • I go to sleep around 10 and DH stays up with LO until about 1. I feed him, and can sometimes get him back to sleep at around 2. Then he may sleep until about 4. Eats, then gets back to sleep around 5. Then wakes at 7. DH then usually tries to take him for a little while, which will only last another week until he goes back to work. Then I'm on my own night and morning. So... Not really. :/
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • DD1 didn't have a set routine wherein there could be a bedtime until 7-8 weeks old or so. We try to keep it dark/quiet from 7:30/8pm to 7:30/8 am which is when DD1 is asleep. Luckily at just about 3 weeks DD2 is starting to figure out that long naps are for night time and cluster feeding is for day time, we will see if she keeps this up or if it's just a fluke of the past two days!
  • Our LO is 4 weeks, she feeds around 10 and falls asleep in my chest and we move her into her bassinet about 11. She then sleeps until 5 and we feed he. From then on she feeds and goes back to sleep every two hours. We get pretty lucky I guess
  • soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited January 2015
    Baby-led. No schedules or bed time. She nurses to sleep for almost every nap and "bed time," which often falls around 7:30-8:00 pm. I go to bed between 11:00-11:30, and she nurses again following a diaper change. Then she's up again 3-5, often 4, hours later to nurse. I woke her up to nurse and came downstairs at the 4 hour mark this morning. I was getting a bit full, and she wouldn't nurse well upstairs because it's too warm.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• rshamos said:

We let him sleep in our arms from 8-9 pm. He usually is hungry around 9:30. Then I swaddle him and put him to bed. If he eats well, then he will sleep around 4 hours.

Ditto this.
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't see a newborn having a established bed time as possible buttttt DD#2 tends to wake up maybe by 12 then round 3ish then again at 5-6 and by that time i give up on going back to sleep so I just kinda lay there. She's only 3 weeks so i'm not getting my hopes up for a whole night's sleep until she's at least 4 months seeing as she's breast fed. 
  • Thanks for the info! LO is 3 weeks old but only home for the last week after 16 days in the NICU, so I'm trying to figure out his pattern. I like the ideas of separating nighttime from daytime with swaddle, dark, etc. at night he generally goes right to sleep after feeding, it's the getting him to bed in the evening that we r still figuring out.
    EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)
  • I went off his routine, he always eats around 10. so i give him a bath around 9 ish, swaddle him, feed him, and put him to bed awake. He usually sleeps until around 2.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• LO is 4 weeks and just when I think we have a little routine she changes it. One thing is certain is that 10 pm to 2 am is her awake time no matter what I try to do to change it so I have embraced it and sleeping in.
  • Our little guy will be a month on monday, he has been on a consistent Schedule give or take about 30 Mins for about two weeks now.We put him in his bed sleepy about IOPM and he sleeps until about 2-3 am then up again about 7-8 am.We have been very lucky with his schedule, he is on about 3.5oz to 4.5oz every 3-4 hrs during the day.
  • I put the older kids to bed around 9PM every night.  Sometimes she's awake then, sometimes not.  Then DH and I will watch TV for a while and usually go upstairs around 11PM and we bring her with us.  So I guess you could say her bed time is around 11PM every night, but sometimes she has been sleeping for a while before we switch to upstairs.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We have low supply so he gets 2oz formula around 10, then nurses to sleep. He sleeps until 3 or 4 and then stays on the boob until we wake up around 9.
    He's 2 weeks and we will have to adjust things Monday when school starts back for my other son.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"