January 2015 Moms
Options

TMI: tender lump inner thigh/panty area

I have developed this tender lump on the inside of my thigh and it's really painful when I walk and sit. I'm 38 weeks and schedule for a c-section next week.From researching it sounds like I have a boil, but it has no white head. I'm confused what it is and how to treat the lump. Please

Re: TMI: tender lump inner thigh/panty area

• Options
    I get those sometimes from ingrown hairs...try putting a hot compress on it. I also have used prep H before and it takes the swelling down some. If it doesn't resolve itself soon or gets worse call your doc. Or if you develop a fever.
  • Options
    Boils can take awhile to come to a head. There is a risk of MRSA so I would definitely talk to the doctor. There is this stuff called boilease which can help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ouch! Sounds like a boil or deep pimple. Get a wash cloth as hot as you can with water and apply it. It might help it surface or help it dissipate. Otherwise you just get to wait it out. Sorry :(
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    edited December 2014
    As pp said, I would ask the doc. You should be at weekly apps now, so maybe move this week sooner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    For tonight: Hot compress, as hot as you can to hopefully bring it to a head
  • Options
    My husband is from the Dominican Republic and it sounds crazy but they put Vicks Vapor Rub on everything (especially stuff like that) and it works! I also agree with a hot compress and slap some vicks on it. And check with your OB is it continues to concern you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Could also be a swollen lymph node.  Check with your doc.
  • Options
    hot, damp compress for now, but definitely check with your doc.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    Your lump could be numerous things. I would try a hot compress or bath. You will need to ask your doctor. He or she will be able to tell what it is and prescribe antibiotics or medicine (if necessary) to treat it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I actually have one too. Mine got so bad I had to go to doc to get it drained and get put on antibiotics. If it's red and hurts pretty bad, get to the doc. I'm still having to do hot baths and compresses for it. But it feels a TON better now!
  • Options
    Edvent said:
    My husband is from the Dominican Republic and it sounds crazy but they put Vicks Vapor Rub on everything (especially stuff like that) and it works! I also agree with a hot compress and slap some vicks on it. And check with your OB is it continues to concern you!

I don't know if Vicks would be good near your vagina... I feel like that's asking for trouble. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    This poster has not been back to read a single reply.
  • Options
    Awesome.
  • Options
    I want to know if it came to a head! Did she pop it? Have you guys seen those horrid videos of boils/cysts being popped and it goes on and on.... Ick.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    marvan5 said:

I want to know if it came to a head! Did she pop it? Have you guys seen those horrid videos of boils/cysts being popped and it goes on and on.... Ick.

OMG, I'm so tired of seeing videos on Facebook of people popping blackheads and stuff like that. So gross.
  • Options
    a warm compress with epsom salt should help bring it out.  Could be an ingrown hair, boil, cyst or pimple. Use the compress and don't mess with it too much.  If it doesn't improve or gets worse, check with your doc. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Wow, where does it show this?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

But it wasn't even posted on a Tuesday!

• Options
    Thank you for everyone's reply. I was in pain for two days couldn't walk and it hurt to sit. My doctor said it was a boil and had to drain it!!! Very very painful, but such a relief after. If anyone develops a odd lump anywhere in that area please let your OB know ASAP. Hot bath and warm washcloth helped me a little. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Oh and no my boil never came to a head! That's why I didn't know what it was just a quarter size lump! I even had my fiancé look at it! He thought it was a spider bit.
  • Options
    Glad your doctor was able to help you out :)
  • Options
    Glad you got that drained! Ouch! I don't know if I could stand that... I'd probably prefer to hobble around in pain. TMI: I would get those horrid large zits on my back or butt and my mom would hunt me down begging to pop them. I rarely let her. I would rather suffer! @Maebb I have not seen those videos go around... my DH loved the old fazed.net and a few of those cyst popping videos were going a round a few years back, then Tosh.0 picked it up. How we always managed to watch that show while eating dinner is beyond me. So gross.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, where does it show this?
    Click on the poster's profile, then on "discussions" on the left. It will say if there are any "new" comments since they were last on to check it.

To the OP: I'm glad you got it taken care of! It sounds like it was painful! And sorry, but there are a lot of "drive by" posters who post and never come back to even check. I'm glad you updated us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"