October 2013 Moms
Options

Names

mancila60mancila60 member
edited December 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Do you like yours? What would you change it to? (Don't have to put your current name)

Names 95 votes

Yes
77% 74 votes
No
18% 18 votes
SS
3% 3 votes

Re: Names

• Options
    i voted no i wouldnt change mine but im not sure if i was supposed to vote yes i like it or no i wouldnt change it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I wasn't a fan of it growing up, but I like it now. It suits me.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @deedee1017‌ sorry that was a little confusing it was supposed to be yes/no do you like your name.
  • Options
    i hate being one of a billion jennifers.

• Options
    @jennlin‌ I feel your pain! Being an Ashley sucks and there was always 1 every where I went. My SIL actually has the same name.
  • Options
    mancila60 said:
    @jennlin‌ I feel your pain! Being an Ashley sucks and there was always 1 every where I went. My SIL actually has the same name.
    lol, yup. my SIL and i have the same firstname lastname, too.

• Options
    jennlin said:

mancila60 said:

Haha! Wow I thought we were the only ones. Any other weirdness in there? We are the same age and our birthdays are a day apart.
  • Options
    mancila60 said:
    mancila60 said:
    Haha! Wow I thought we were the only ones. Any other weirdness in there? We are the same age and our birthdays are a day apart.
    ahh. no you guys are closer. we are 3 years apart, but our birthdays are 7 days apart. i know a lot of couples with our same situation...always with a jennifer. you're the first ashley i've heard of this..but i don't doubt it! ashley was popular too..but it never was as popular as jennifer. *barf*.

SIL and i use the same dentist, and the receptionist hates that lol.

• Options
    when I was younger I felt like it was an old grandma name so I didn't like it then. I do love it now though because it's common without being too common
  • Options
    Mine is more the spelling I hate than the name. No one can ever spell it right. I guess my parents wanted to be unique :-??
  • Options

when I was younger I felt like it was an old grandma name so I didn't like it then. I do love it now though because it's common without being too common

This, but Margaret is still not really common. And I have the feeling DS is have the same complain about his name as a kid.

DH has the same name as a famous person, he really really hates it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jennlin said:

This, but Margaret is still not really common. And I have the feeling DS is have the same complain about his name as a kid.

DH has the same name as a famous person, he really really hates it.

my h works with michael jordan...but...you know..not michael jordan.

I went to high school with Brittany Spears.
  • Options
    I think my name is really unique and pretty............ When pronounced correctly.
  • Options
    I have the same first and last name as my DHs grandma and our birthdays are a day apart. Hers is just spelled differently than mine
  • Options
    Mine is very unique and growing up I hated it. I kind of like it now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My real-real name (most bumpies on here who know me only know my NM) is very very unique (hence me using my NM on here). I don't hate my name but it can be a PITA sometimes.
    NM?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    My real-real name (most bumpies on here who know me only know my NM) is very very unique (hence me using my NM on here). I don't hate my name but it can be a PITA sometimes.
    NM?
    nickname.

• Options
    I don't mind it. There was only 1 other Heather in my grade. I think it was more of a 1970s name, and I was an 80s child.

I was actually surprised there were quite a few Heathers here.
  • Options

jennlin said:

NM?

nickname.

Yeah I meant NN, and i did it 2x! So ashamed lol!

Lol I didn't even catch that. I was just thinking "duh, middle name". Whoops!

• Options

I don't mind it. There was only 1 other Heather in my grade. I think it was more of a 1970s name, and I was an 80s child.

I was actually surprised there were quite a few Heathers here.

There's so many heathers in here! I love my name. It's common enough everyone can spell it but not that I have any other friends with the same name. I have 3 really close friends all named Jessica. It's way too confusing.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    I don't mind it. There was only 1 other Heather in my grade. I think it was more of a 1970s name, and I was an 80s child. I was actually surprised there were quite a few Heathers here.
    There's so many heathers in here! I love my name. It's common enough everyone can spell it but not that I have any other friends with the same name. I have 3 really close friends all named Jessica. It's way too confusing. 

Jessica and Jennifer right?  Kids of the 80's!

• Options
    I have never had an issue with my name. Have always loved My name.....Angela.

• Options
    Never liked my name growing up but now I don't mind it. I actually get a lot patients tell me they love the name Emily. I always wanted my name growing up to be Danielle for some reason. And I wanted to be called "Danni". I think there was an 80's movie with girl Danni?? Maybe The Man in the Moon?? Which was one of my favorites!
  • Options
    I didn't love my name growing up, but it's fine now. It's less common, which I guess I like. I hate it with my married last name though. My last name is also two syllables and ends in -ley, which makes it very rhymey.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    Lia1303 said:
    No, I always wanted a different more unique name. Lisa is so blah and once the Simpsons came out with the birthday song, I really wanted to change it. I think grades 3-6 "Lisa, your teeth are big and green" followed me through the halls.
    Unlike my name twin, @Lia1303, I've always liked my name. I was almost always the only Lisa in my class but it wasn't a super unusual name that I had to spell or pronounce for people (which was a nice break because with my Italian last name, I got tired of having to do that).  And I never got any Lisa Simpson comparisons, which is strange because , as you can see by my avatar, I am part Simpson  ;)
  • Options

Ditto to all this. I loooove my name, though. A lot of family history behind it. Marrying DH complicated it more. I usually get a blank stare when I introduce myself.

• Options
    I voted SS - I like my name Jennifer but it was so popular school was confusing at times. Aside from that I don't mind my name at all!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"