August 2015 Moms

7 weeks and really nervous!!

I'm 7 weeks and two days, and I don't have my first prenatal checkup and ultrasound until January 9th. I only have a few symptoms like horrible heartburn, sore boobs and fatigue. I'm really worried that we won't see anything at the ultrasound- what are the chances of this, and am I just being paranoid? I keep taking pregnancy tests every other day to make sure it's still positive, and this morning the line was fainter than it has ever been before. Should I be worried? This is my first pregnancy and I'm hoping everything is OK. Has anyone else worried like this before their first ultrasound, and what did you do to calmyour nerves aand anxiety over miscarriage? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post!

Re: 7 weeks and really nervous!!

• edited December 2014
    Omg I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 7 weeks. Only symptoms I have are fatigue, sore boobs and headaches. My appointment isn't until 1/6. I'm about to go buy a stick just to see if it's still positive. I was worried that I was being paranoid too since this is also my first pregnancy. I'm worried because I had some light spotting and bleeding a week ago. I'm hoping for the best for the both of us!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would stop taking pregnancy tests, your going to drive yourself nuts over analyzing the lines. I was in the same boat before my first appointment. I was so worried that there wouldn't be a baby or a heartbeat. So I think your feelings are valid. Just be confident and try to enjoy being pregnant. After my appointment I feel much more at ease. The next couple of weeks will go by fast and you will be able to see your sweet baby! Be strong mama!
  • I will definitely stop taking tests, they're driving me insane! The wait is killing me though, and I wish I was better at dealing with this impatience :-S
  • If you're not bleeding or having severe cramps just relax. Cramping is normal and some women don't have any symptoms and have normal healthy pregnancies
  • I've been to the dr twice.  I'm 8W1D.  The first was just to ask questions about what the next step was,  The second (which was on Monday) was to actually meet with a midwife.

They have done blood work and urine tests.  I got the results, but none of them were "pregnancy" test.

Even when you go to the dr I doubt they will give you a "pregnancy test", at least based on my experience.  I know how you feel, where you just can't believe it.  You're not showing, you don't feel anything in there.  But relax, it's there.  You're pregnant!

And also, BTW, Drs are not omnipotent "gods". They will not always have the answer, so if you're thinking a dr saying you're pregnant, versus everything you're feeling and know; is going to make it all better and make you believe it....think again.

• I'm in a similar boat. I can't get in to see my OB/GYN until my 10th week. I don't want to wait that long so I made an appointment with my regular doc for now; just for some peace of mind. They were when able to get me in this afternoon.
  • I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and i was the same way. This is my first pregnancy that has made it thus far. I have had 4 miscarriages. I don't go see my dr until the 6th and my first ultra sound on the 15th. I am sure everything is going to be fine. The first week and a half I was spending so much money on tests, because like you I wanted to me sure I was still pregnant. I would suggest if your really worried try to get in to see your regular dr. :)
  • I'm almost 7 weeks and also not having too many symptoms. I've had two betas and the numbers rose appropriately, but I have to wait til the 13th for an ultrasound. I don't think I'll really believe that this is happening til I see it on the screen.

I'll look for updates next week from my fellow non symptom peeps! Good luck!
  • I feel the same exact way!! 7w5d and nervous as all get out about the first appointment!! Is there something in there? Is this just a dream? Like you ladies said, it'll feel real when I see something in there I think! I try to keep myself preoccupied with the name game with DH and planning a gender reveal Lol
  • Feeling the same way. I'm 6w2d and my appt is on the 26th with my midwife. They'll do the Doppler then which I'm looking forward to. No u/s until 18 or so weeks so that's really tough- I might push to have one sooner. Don't want to announce until we SEE that babe! Prayers for relaxation for you. I got two books that really helped with chilling out about these anxieties- Praying Through Your Pregnancy and Waiting in Wonder. Good luck!
  • I thought I was the only neurotic one here ;) I've taken four tests and since I don't have many symptoms either I can't help but worry!! Just means we love our babies already :) anxiously awaiting my first appt on the 12th. I'm 6w1d today :)
  • praying through your pregnancy is wonderful. it's really helped me. :)
  • Praying Through Your Pregnancy kept me sane last time around. I have Waiting in Wonder for this go 'round, but ridiculously I'm waiting to hear the heart beat before I start it.
  • I asked the dr about mc ect when I got blood work done, he said you can test positive like two weeks after you mc bc those hormones are still in your body so I'd just relax, unfortunately its just a waiting game. I'm dying for confirmation too!
  • I doubt "praying through your pregnancy" would ease my worry as a non-religious pregnany woman. Any NON religious ways to ease the worry?
  • I'm 6w1d today and not much of anything. Tired, but I work a lot so that's not unusual. I thought yesterday and today I might of felt a little nausea at times, but maybe I'm over analyzing and it's just in my head. Really nervous. I have first ultrasound with RE on Monday, so we will see!
  • Just got to 7 weeks today and since this is exactly when I miscarried my last pregnancy I am extra nervous at the moment.  Statistically 1 in 5 pregnancies will end in miscarriage.  So, the odds are in your favor for a healthy pregnancy but it is also quite common.  

I think the only thing that really eases worry is time and good results, but if you go to the PgAL board there are mantras pinned at the top that help (just don't post on that thread -- or at all unless you really have experienced a loss).

BFP #1 ended with H born 2/2/13
    BFP #2 ended in loss @7weeks 10/15/14
    BFP #3 due 8/21/15 *please stick*
  • I was having some trouble too because I don't have very many symptoms either outside of sore boobs and being hungry (all the time, I literally just ate on my lunch and I'm STARVING again). Wait moodiness is a symptom too? Oh yeah the hubby irritates me to NO END. But I try to remain positive and pray my Little Baby (or babies I'm hoping for 2) is doing fine.
  • I'm moody and tired at 6w1day... But I'm always moody and tired soo I pretty much feel like my regular old self. It's scary waiting. I just want to sleep through the next 2 weeks because I am worrying myself sick to am almost unbearable point. 1st time getting pregnant- it is a dream come true and I'm coming from a year of things not working in my favor so I'm hesitant to feel excited- I really don't see how it's possible that things could end well with this. It's a terrible way to feel but my positive self talk is not strong enough to kill these negative thoughts. :(
  • I miscarried this past May so my doctor is being overly prepared this time. I'm 6W+ right now. This past week she had me do an ultrasound and we saw a heartbeat! So take hope, mamas. That tiny little spec will start pumping blood between week 5 & 6. Focus on the people in your life who matter and who still need you as a wife, a daughter, and a friend. The best way to stay not anxious is to focus on loving other people well.
  • I'm so glad that there are people in the same boat as me. I definitely won't take any more preg tests lol. Knowing the statistics I think is really helping me, that even just reaching week 8 puts me in better odds. I'm not religious at all so praying wouldn't really help me, but I'm for sure sending positive vibes to everyone for a healthy, fun first u/s that brings only good news!
  • I'm 6w1day and I am just the same. Any little twinge or cramp and I go to the toilet to check I'm not bleeding. Driving myself insane!
  • I went and I read the mantras on the pgAL board- and they are amazing. I hadn't thought about pregnancy yet as a one-day-a-time thing, and I'm so glad some of you recommended these mantras to me! So helpful! I love the first two especially, " today I am pregnant and I love my baby" and, "I am pregnant until I am told otherwise." I didn't realize that my anxiety would skyrocket so bad like this with being pregnant, and I feel so fortunate to have the support of this wonderful Aug15 group <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"