Infertility

Failed IUI onto new clinic for IVF

Hi ladies - A quick update on me - my 1st IUI just failed as the Dr. said it would and I have switched my insurance to get IVF coverage (one ins. covers all IF testing and treatment 100% except IVF, and the other covers everything up to 15k for treatment and 15k for meds lifetime - so basically 1 IVF treatment). The injections and prometrium were really tough on me and I've gained about 10lbs. Anyone else coping with weight gain and medication misery? I'm relieved I'm taking a break this month :-) Also, someone suggested to me that I do multiple egg retrievals before the FET so I have frosties. We definitely want kids and I'm 39. The doctor also suggested IVF would be our best bet in getting another baby later. Anyone my age going through this?

Re: Failed IUI onto new clinic for IVF

• Welcome!  I'm your age as well - and have been embryo banking, which, for me, has meant two cycles so far.  The first cycle was a complete failure. We ended up with zero normal embryos out of 18 retrieved eggs. The second was much better, ending with finding two normal embryos out of 22 retrieved eggs. I am trying to decide whether we will cycle one more time before doing an FET. Because I just turned 39, I worry that I am running out of time, and that banking more, now, might be a good course at this point. Hope your stay here is short and sweet!  
  • Thanks! Good to hear that I'm not alone in this journey. I'm worried that my egg quality is very poor. All our tests came back normal and we're currently "unexplained". Just curious how were you feeling on the meds prior to retrieval and how was that process? All the doctors say that it's not bad and my HSG was pretty awful due to cervix cramping and the nausea response- I forget the medical term for it. I was fine after though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Panda - I have an appt Wed. with the new clinic and RE. I will definitely ask for embryo banking and CCS testing. I will look into the supplements you mentioned. I was surprised that my old clinic didn't have diet or supplement suggestions, but then again I wasn't an IVF patient.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"