December 2013 Moms

worried

My 1 year old son has had an ear infection now for 3 weeks and he is on his 3rd medication. He also is throwing up a lot after drinking his milk.
I have heard that this could be an allergy to the milk he is drinking. Has anyone heard of this or has any suggestions as to what I should do?

Re: worried

• It wouldn't hurt to switch to nondairy milk for a week or two and see if it helps. Lactose intolerance can start to rear its ugly head around this age, even if he hasn't shown signs before.
  • No allergy testing yet.
    I've been to the ped. 3 times now. Each time just getting a new prescription. I'm actually very unhappy with them at this point.
    Now his stomach feels all blotted like a balloon.
    Time for a 2nd opinion?
  • Loading the player...

• Time for a 2nd opinion?

Sounds like it. No advice here, but hopefully you can find another Pedi who is more helpful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree with switching to see if there are changes.  Make sure you give it enough time though.  Takes a little while to process. 

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone. I have switched to lactose free milk now and so far he has kept it down. Here's hoping we ate headed in the right direction!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"