April 2015 Moms

best jogger stroller

Hello, I am in the process of researching jogger strollers. Does anyone know which is best and not a waste of money? Also,how old does the baby have to be before I can use jogger to run?

Re: best jogger stroller

• I don't know which is "best" but I have the Baby Trend Expedition jogger and I really really like it. It's usually priced just over $100.

The Recommendation is 6 months for baby to sit in the jogger while you run. There are some joggers that are compatible with infant car seats but not for running purposes.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • picklesx said:

I don't know which is "best" but I have the Baby Trend Expedition jogger and I really really like it. It's usually priced just over $100.

The Recommendation is 6 months for baby to sit in the jogger while you run. There are some joggers that are compatible with infant car seats but not for running purposes.

Wow - that's a good price compared to what I've seen. I'm going to check them out for a double jogger.

Note to OP: you can also search the "nurseries and baby gear " group on TB for discussions on this topic. I'm pretty sure I've seen it there. ( just another resource).

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got the Graco FastAction Jogger Travel System. For the carseat and jogger it was around $150.00. I read reviews on it and it is for every day use and supposed to be easy to fold and lift. I am short so I wanted something that wasn't overly bulky to the point that I couldn't lift it into the trunk of the car.  
  • Loved the Bob Revolution.  You might want to check out craigslist for one that has not seen a lot of use.  This tends to be an item some people never endup really using while others run the wheels off theirs.
  • We got the same one as @itsfine  The best thing you can do is go to the store and play around with them.  What may be comfortable for me you may hate.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• The BOB revolution is awesome!  Not cheap if bought new, but worth it.  Check amazon for current pricing, or try to find one used.  THere is a carseat adapter for when baby is younger. I think the recommendation is that its fine to "power walk" but I wouldn't job with a baby who is less than 6 months.  You want them to have good head/body control before they get all bounced around.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have the baby jogger city mini gt. But the instructions say that you shouldn't actually jog with it, despite the name. We LOVE it. Totally the best baby purchase we ever made.
  • My BOB is 7 years old and still works great!
  • AMShark said:

picklesx said:

I don't know which is "best" but I have the Baby Trend Expedition jogger and I really really like it. It's usually priced just over $100.

Wow - that's a good price compared to what I've seen. I'm going to check them out for a double jogger.

Note to OP: you can also search the "nurseries and baby gear " group on TB for discussions on this topic. I'm pretty sure I've seen it there. ( just another resource).
    I have the single but may end up investing in a double once #2 is old enough. I don't run but it's great for outside in general. The single I got in spring 2013 at Target on sale for $89 and like I said I love it. I can't imagine paying what some of these stroller brands cost!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • AmCheriAmCheri member
    edited January 2015
    We have the Thule Chariot Cougar 2. Bought it primarily for biking, but it's also a great jogger. ETA: You need to purchase the separate jogging kit. It's really a great, multi-activity stroller. We chose it because of the good reviews, and because it seemed to provide great back and bottom support for the kiddos so they don't slide down in the seats.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Thanks,everyone
  • I have the BOB revolution that I use with DD. It is awesome. I started running with her in the car seat using the adapter at 6 months. I just watched her carefully to make sure her head wasn't being bounced around and I would watch carefully for large bumps in the road and uneven sidewalks.
    imageimage 
                                                                                January Siggy Challenge-Exercise Fail
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• itsfine said:

I got the Graco FastAction Jogger Travel System. For the carseat and jogger it was around $150.00. I read reviews on it and it is for every day use and supposed to be easy to fold and lift. I am short so I wanted something that wasn't overly bulky to the point that I couldn't lift it into the trunk of the car.  

My friends have this one and swear by it. Especially living in a busy city with public transit they say it's the easiest to get around with and grows with your baby. I added it immediately to my registry.

BabyFruit Ticker

A15 Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

• My brother just bought us this system and I love it! The front wheel makes it easy to maneuver and it's pretty light so I didn't feel like I was pushing a huge heavy stroller.
  • I have a BOB with my first we have loved it and used it as our every day stroller.
    Now with number 2 we are getting the City Jogger I'm going to miss the easy turning but a double BOB is just too huge for me!
  • I just ordered this because this is the best price I have seen it at. Can't wait to get it!
  • Sorry forgot to attach!
  • From what all my friends and family are telling me, the BOB brand is the best, but they are pretty expensive.
  • Sorry forgot to attach!

That is a great price! I would jump on that while you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"