May 2014 Moms
Options

Running mamas recommend your jogging stroller!!!

ArmyMedic7588ArmyMedic7588 member
edited December 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Hey ladies! So I've FINALLY been given the ok to start working out again (lightly) and need to get back into running. (UGH!! Damn army making me run!!) Some of you may remember my ongoing struggle with a herniated disk :( I love our current stroller (the Britax B-Ready) and LO likes being in her stroller. But it's not the greatest to jog with. Anyone who jogs/runs and loves their stroller? Or what features do you look for in a good jogging stroller? FYI: we live in a suburban area with decent sidewalks. I also plan on going running at the local park that has paved trails. If I can get our dog to cooperate later on I would love to take her with also. So idk if that would change much with the stroller. Thanks for the input!!!

ETA: because XP to the health/exercise board
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**

Re: Running mamas recommend your jogging stroller!!!

• Options
    My in laws bought us this one, I love it! DD has plenty of room and we will be able to attach it to a bike which was important to my DH. He loves to ride and can't wait until he can with DD. But I use it jogging and its a really smooth ride and we use it about 5 days a week. Usually two miles at a time. Most I've done with her is 5. Plus she will be able to use it until she's five if I remember correctly. Around that age I think.
  • Options
    I got the BOB Ironman from a friend who was no longer using it, and I love it! Super smooth ride (even on our 'hikes') and only takes a light push to really keep it going. The front wheel is stationary though, so it really is just for running. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The BOB is the best. The one with the swivel wheel is the best, it can lock if you need it too. I do stroller work outs 5/6 days a week with it and run 4/5 days a week with it and it's super great. I can't imagine how many miles I have already logged on the thing. It's huge and of storage is an issue you might want to shop around for other strollers but it's seriously he best and worth the price tag. 95% of the people I work out with have them and the ones who don't wish they did.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I've been seeing the BOB strollers, but saw the price tag too. :( But maybe I can convince DH to help me save a bit of $$ and hopefully I can get one. What do you ladies really look for in a good jogging stroller? I mean I've run by myself obviously in the past, but being a FTM I have no clue what I should look for running with LO in tow. What's the upside to having a front wheel that locks vs. not? I love that our Britax has foam filled wheels, which really is SOOO much better than solid ones. So I know that would help.

Ugh... I feel like such a newbie right now with this! haha

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    Running strollers all have a locked wheel, so the stroller doesn't jerk away if you hit a bump.  Some- like the BOB revolution- have one that unlocks for when you're just walking with it so that you don't have to lift the front wheel off the ground every time you want to turn.
  • Options
    Phil and Teds. I just do light jogging, but its an awesome stroller, AND they convert to a double. ah-maaaaaazing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I loved my BOB single so much I bought the double.  :)

• Options
    I have the BOB Flex and I love it. It has great wheels for some trail running. It also has the front wheel that locks or unlocks. Some of the differences in the BOB strollers will just depend on what you think you might need. Some jogging strollers have a hand brake for example, mine does not and I don't need it.
  • Options
    I snagged the baby jogger summit x3 on an amazon sale for $250 and I love it.
  • Options
    If $$ is an issue, I would suggest looking around for a used jogging stroller. Bobs still run about$100+ used, but people love them. I wasn't willing to spend that much, so I went with a Baby Jogger 2.0, which is about 10 years old, but I love it. I like that it has bicycle style tires, since I know a good amount about bike repair, and I feel I could repair it if I needed to. I looked for a locking front wheel-- since I have a B-agile which I love, I didn't care if it could unlock to swivel, since I use the Britax for everyday use and the jogger just for running, and that hasn't been an issue. There are cheap ones available new, but they don't all seem to have shocks, or very good shocks. I wanted something that would be a comfortable ride for DD, so I looked for good, air-filled tires and good shocks (it flexes up and down in the back to absorb the jostling action of running). I mostly looked for good shocks, sturdy design, and a locking front wheel. I highly recommend looking for used, because plenty of people think they will use a jogger and then don't. I'd rather spend the same on a quality used stroller than a cheap new one. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Here's a pic!imageimageimage

• Options
    Or three.

• Options
    danabsd said:

I loved my BOB single so much I bought the double.  :)

This! I did the same.
  • Options
    I second Craig's list, probably depends on your area but there are always BOBs and baby joggers on ours! The BOB is my only stroller so the swivel wheel was more important. TBH I only use it for workouts though, otherwise I am wearing her in the ergo.
  • Options
    Hey ladies thanks for all the help!! I checked out Craigslist like ya suggested and bought a Baby Jogger Summit X3 yesterday from a family in the area! $250 is definitely MUCH better than full price!! Can't wait to use it today with DD! Now I have sewing projects to do to make blankets that stay in it so we can jog in this cold northern weather!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"