Multiples

Joovy Twin Roo + (Plus)

heathereb23heathereb23 member
edited December 2014 in Multiples
Hi all,

We are expecting fraternal twin boys in late April (EDD: 5/11) and starting to look at baby gear. Based on recommendations I have seen here, I was pretty sold on Chicco Keyfits and a Joovy Twin Roo stroller frame. However, Joovy recently released the Plus model and it's not compatible with Chiccos! Does anyone own the new model or have you compared the new and old, which is still on the market? Appearance wise there seem to be slight differences, but I think the main difference functionality wise is that the Plus model allows you to snap in both infant seats either facing the same or opposite directions. I can't decide whether this is enough to warrant getting the Plus and another compatible infant seat like the Graco Snugride, which I don't like as much. I am worried that if the boys come early or are small, the Chiccos seem to be a better fit. Do we just get the older Twin Roo model? Also wondering if it will be discontinued anytime soon now that there is a new one. I can't believe it's not compatible with the same infant seats as it's predecessor.

Re: Joovy Twin Roo + (Plus)

• cls78cls78 member
    edited December 2014
    I would just get the older model that uses the key fits. That is what I am doing!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We used the first generation and Keyfits and I loved it.

Never had an issue with having them face opposite. There were times I wanted them facing the same way but it was always when the stroller was stationary, so I'd just flip a baby - the seat fits the other way but doesn't snap. Really nbd if you're not moving. I'd just flip and snap in when I was ready to roll again b

• Loading the player...
  • So if you turn one around while stationary (which is probably the only time I would really want to) is it sturdy enough that you aren't worried about that seat slipping off? Like if you were in a restaurant and somebody accidentally bumped the stroller, what are the chances of that seat slipping? This is of course a hypothetical situation.
  • So if you turn one around while stationary (which is probably the only time I would really want to) is it sturdy enough that you aren't worried about that seat slipping off? Like if you were in a restaurant and somebody accidentally bumped the stroller, what are the chances of that seat slipping? This is of course a hypothetical situation.

Yes, very sturdy. The seat will fit completely in either slot/opening either way. It will only snap in one way. It's hard to explain if you've never used a stroller frame, but yes, it's stable in there even without snapping it in. The only way it'd fall out is if you tipped it over on it's side.

• I have the original & graco snugrides. I too would flip one baby while stationary. I have a 3 yr old who is always bouncing around. Never felt like she could flip them if not clicked in. It still sits in pretty deep so a small bump isn't going to do much. Even now at 20lbs they babies wiggling around doesn't move it either. If you are set on the Chicco then go with the original one.
  • Thanks all, I think I will go for the original with the Chiccos. Really hoping they don't discontinue it now that the Plus is out! For now it seems like you can buy them both.
  • We used the first generation and Keyfits and I loved it. Never had an issue with having them face opposite. There were times I wanted them facing the same way but it was always when the stroller was stationary, so I'd just flip a baby - the seat fits the other way but doesn't snap. Really nbd if you're not moving. I'd just flip and snap in when I was ready to roll again b
    all of this!!! Here they are just turned around (not clicked in) in the Joovy in Chiccos: 

********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Here is one from last week - the Joovy and the carseats were a perfect combo for flying since it folds up so small and we couldn't rent car seats at our destination (the girls turned 1 Sunday) 

********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Thanks for the pics, your babies are adorable!
  • Having them snapped in facing the same or opposite directions seems like a pretty nice feature. Has anyone verified that is the only difference? Also, of the seats that are compatible with the Plus model which one is best?
  • We bought the Plus and the Britax B-ready seats. Haven't used them yet (babies will be here in March), but I love it compared to others I have tried out! And the seats are awesome too!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersiv>
  • I realized this too AFTER my baby shower and ended up just trading it in for the snap and go. I didn't know there was a different model!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"