January 2014 Moms
Options

Weaning from BM

Anyone about to embark on this at the one year mark? What are your strategies. I have no clue where to even start. She barely eats anything & hardly drinks anything but BM from the source. Nurses to sleep too. And only about 90% of me wants to stop. The 10% is just laziness - don't want to put in the hard work!
Oy vey

Re: Weaning from BM

• Options
    I was thinking the same. We have our 1 year apt on tues. Going to talk to her then. Thank you
  • Options
    I'm nursing twice a day and she's on organic WCM the rest of the time. It has to be room temp bc she hates cold milk. Weird kid. But, she's used to body temp BM. I'm not concerned about her not getting nutrients bc she takes a liquid vitamin daily with fluoride and she eats everything. I'm not going to lie, I'm cherishing these last few days/weeks of nursing. I'm attached to it at this point and I'm upset I'm stopping. I'll be away from her for about 36 hours in 2 weeks, so my plan was to have completely weaned by then, but I'm trying to figure out how to continue once a day until she self weans. She looks forward to nursing. Sometimes, I know she is looking forward to it and I'm trying to get her used to only twice a day. Ughhhh. Mom guilt.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm starting to reverse food vs. BM.  So, if I think he's hungry, I offer solids first.  I'm also trying to stretch the time between nursing when we're together and slowly cutting back the size of his bottles at DCP (although, he still eats more BM than most babies his age do, I think).

That combined with starting to pump less at work (shorter periods of time and working on less sessions) my supply should start to drop. 

Bedtime was the last nursing session I cut out with DS1, so that's probably what will be the last this time (with second to last being first thing in the morning).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"