August 2015 Moms

Problem with zofran

i got a prescription for zofran for my extreme morning sickness and some 2013 studies found a link between zofran, cleft palates, and heart malformations and the FDA no longer recommends it for early pregnancy? Anyone else heard about this or anything like it?

Re: Problem with zofran

• Me: 28 DH: 28

Married: 6 years

TTC since: Sept 2010

Diagnosis: Stage 4 Endometriosis, Hashimoto's

Treatment: Lupron (3/2010 – 9/2010 & 7/2013 – 2/2014)

April 2013 - BFP – missed mc confirmed 5/08/2014. D&C 5/22/2014

Sept/Oct 2014: IUI #1 (Gonal F + HCG) = BFN

Oct/Nov 2014: Temporarily Benched due to multiple cysts on each ovary.

Nov 27: IUI #2 (Gonal F + HCG) = BFP

• Oh my gosh thank you! I feel like there's so much fear mongering around pregnant women, especially early on. I just want to be able to make it through the day without getting dehydrated!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just caught the ad on a commercial one evening and heard the same. I would just stick with the home remedies or see if there's something else out there. Not worth it!
  • I just caught the ad on a commercial one evening and heard the same. I would just stick with the home remedies or see if there's something else out there. Not worth it!

I did try home remedies for about a week and a half before I had to go to urgent care to get rehydrated. I feel like if it was dangerous doctors wouldn't prescribe it.
  • I was on it my whole pregnancy with daughter and am again. Can't function without it. I don't even worry about the study - I trust my doctor and my results. Besides - everything including potatoes are dangerous. Insert Sarcasm.
  • Zofran has been around for years. This is an extremely small group that it can cause this in. If you are that worried ask for Diclegis.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"