September 2015 Moms

Cramping 5 weeks?

Hello everyone! Just curious if anyone else felt cramping at this stage. This is my second pregnancy and I had cramping for about 5 days. I'm one day shy of 5 weeks today. Is this pretty normal? I didn't cramp this much with my first 5 years ago. No spotting at all. Thank you!

Re: Cramping 5 weeks?

• Yup. Normal. I'm sure some STM+ out there can assure you that no two pregnancies are identical.

I've been feeling cramps on-and-off since 4DPO. I'm barely in week 4 and still feel crampy, especially at night when I try to go to sleep.

Congrats on #2.
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • I'm also just 5 weeks today - well as far as I know - and am having slight muscle cramps. Hopeing this is normal, I can't remember from my other two pregnancy's.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for posting! Also at 5 weeks and cramping, was very nervous as i did not experience this with my first.
  • Thank you everyone for your input! ;)
  • I've been having cramping for the last week. A lot in my lower back too then all of a sudden it subsided today. Feeling a little bit again now that I'm laying down but my friend/coworker is 13 weeks and she said she still gets them.
    I guess they come and go!
  • I guess I just wanted some positive feedback on this. I had a miscarriage before my son & of course it makes me paranoid. Thank you everyone!
  • I also feel like I'm cramping. It's round ligament pain from your uterus expanding. Mine was miserably painful with #1 and I'm hoping it won't be as bad this time around. 

I once complained about how bad early pregnancy pain was to one of my co-workers. Apparently she never experienced any pain. I kind of hated her. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm three weeks and am cramping something fierce. It's why I tested; 11 dpo is too early for period cramps for me.
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • I'm so glad you posted this and for all of the feedback. I just started having tiny cramps today, and with 2 previous M/Cs I did get a little nervous. Nothing like those cramps, though, thank goodness. Feel better now :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm three weeks and am cramping something fierce. It's why I tested; 11 dpo is too early for period cramps for me.
    I started cramping 3DPO. At first I figured it was ovulation pain, which it may have been. But, by 6DPO I knew something was up because it was too late for O pains and too early for period pains. I tested at 7DPO but obviously got a BFN; didn't get my first BFP until 10DPO. Basically I've had twinges of cramping for the past 10 days, but it just reminds me that things are happening in the depths of my ute.
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • I've been cramping a little, though it feels different than my period cramps do. No blood so I am not worried about it.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I am a FTM and am 5 weeks today. I have been having cramping pretty often for the last few days. They are pretty strong at times, but no bleeding. I have a long menstral cycle at 35-40 days, so technically I haven't missed a period yet since we tested early. So I am feeling waves of nervousness!

I guess this is just nervous pregnancy rant!
  • I think we're all nervous until we see our doctors & hear that little heartbeat! Happy New Year everyone!
  • Exactly right @19gem87‌ - and thanks for posting this. I'm 5w tomorrow and have been cramping in the morning & at night and it's been stressing me out. I'm glad for the reassurance that it's normal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"